• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves are SOLD and Darlo finally has smooth thighs!

I wanted Steve Bruce instead of TC and think he would get us promoted. However, I can't see him and Mendes doing business, which is what would need to happen. Steve Bruce is a very underatted manager.

I wanted Steve Bruce instead of TC and think he would get us promoted. However, I can't see him and Mendes doing business, which is what would need to happen. Steve Bruce is a very underatted manager.

Bruce isn't underrated, he's a MM clone. Fine getting out of this division but severely limited in the one above.

Whilst it isn't the glamorous appointment of Julen Lopetegui, given the primary objective of the new owners is to get promoted ASAP, I wouldn't be surprised or too disappointed if we went for Bruce.

We can always change managers if/when we need, to take us to the "next level". I would kinda like to get to the PL before worrying about staying in it.

Bruce isn't underrated, he's a MM clone. Fine getting out of this division but severely limited in the one above.

He's a better version of Mick, better PL record and better football.

Still never going to have you safe by that much though.

Bruce's post match excuses and general whinging just remind me of Mark McGhee. He does my head in.

Not sure Bruce would be a popular appointment with the fans, there was uproar when he was linked after Mick was sacked. It wouldn’t really get the owners off on a very positive footing even though he’d probably give us a good chance of going up.

You have to give Bruce a load of money at this level if you want him to be successful, the debts (albeit only to the owner) that Hull have run up since he has been manager are scary. Always had tons to spend at Blues as well. He also has the Dave Jones disease of only buying Championship players in the Championship, so if you go up then you need an entire new team and all that money you've spent is dead.

I'd say he's overrated rather than underrated.

Steve Bruce is set to leave Hull.. #shudder

Out of all the possibly candidates he's the one who at least has a track record of getting teams promoted from The Championship.

I'd take him in a heartbeat, Not saying he is a long term option but If you want someone to get you out of this League there isn't many better.

Loves a good whine at the ref if results have gone against him nowhere near as bad as Mark Hughes but does like to deflect blame by using everything contained in the emergency excuse box.

I really wouldn't want Bruce, he is overrated averageness. There are better managers out there that actually have a pattern of play and wouldn't piss money up the wall on championship tarts like Tom Ince and Jake Livermore.

Not sure Bruce would be a popular appointment with the fans, there was uproar when he was linked after Mick was sacked. It wouldn’t really get the owners off on a very positive footing even though he’d probably give us a good chance of going up.

The uproar was pretty specific to the circumstances at the time, I'd say.

a) He'd just been sacked by Sunderland after an appalling run, he'd just gone when we played (and beat) them at Molineux with our rubbish 2011/12 team but they looked an absolute rabble
b) He was replacing Mick, and there were genuine questions whether he was really any better than him (I'd say there still are to an extent)
c) He was unlikely to produce the turnaround required to keep us up, and if we were more or less accepting relegation then not many people would have said Bruce was more likely to get us back up than Mick

Obviously if we'd all known it was a choice between Bruce and Connor (well, effectively no-one) then everyone would have taken him, but that's not how it was presented even though that's how it panned out.

It could be that Fosun are looking at following Watford's approach with managers, being incredibly ruthless once someone has served their purpose. So you'd get rid of him after he got us promoted, but then you have the new guy having to pick apart a Steve Bruce squad and get the club competitive in the Premier League. All seems a bit messy to me.

Besides which, he isn't just guilty of bleating about referees and injuries when he's blatantly at fault himself for shoddy results. He also penned this:

http://www.balls.ie/football/steve-bruce-novel/293169

And that's just unforgivable.

I think Bruce would get us promoted. And that is what FOSUN are expecting to happen.

:icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Oh my god. Why have I never heard of this before???!

In fact - I've changed my mind. Get him in. Could you imagine the manager's notes in the Matchday programme? He could write the sequel to this and release a chapter for every home game.

cons:
not great football
not a great tactician
whinge-y whine-y voice
depressing style as well as depressing manner
terrible sense of humour
ex-blues manager
fades everywhere after a maximum of 3 years

pro's:
is not dean saunders
is not glenn hoddle
is not arry

I'd really not like it if we appointed bruce. Didn't want him when we sacked mick. He's done nothing since to suggest he merits such an important job, so no.

In fact - I've changed my mind. Get him in. Could you imagine the manager's notes in the Matchday programme? He could write the sequel to this and release a chapter for every home game.

Boring. Instead get him writing it "choose your own adventure" style.

The best thing about Steve Bruce has to be @bruceatwedding on Twitter. Outstanding internetting.

Lost count of the amount of times Bruce has threatened to leave Hull. When he doesn't get his own way it seems he just threatens to leave the club.

He does have the aura of a spoiled child and a sense of entitlement about him.

The uproar was pretty specific to the circumstances at the time, I'd say.

a) He'd just been sacked by Sunderland after an appalling run, he'd just gone when we played (and beat) them at Molineux with our rubbish 2011/12 team but they looked an absolute rabble
b) He was replacing Mick, and there were genuine questions whether he was really any better than him (I'd say there still are to an extent)
c) He was unlikely to produce the turnaround required to keep us up, and if we were more or less accepting relegation then not many people would have said Bruce was more likely to get us back up than Mick

Obviously if we'd all known it was a choice between Bruce and Connor (well, effectively no-one) then everyone would have taken him, but that's not how it was presented even though that's how it panned out.

It could be that Fosun are looking at following Watford's approach with managers, being incredibly ruthless once someone has served their purpose. So you'd get rid of him after he got us promoted, but then you have the new guy having to pick apart a Steve Bruce squad and get the club competitive in the Premier League. All seems a bit messy to me.

Besides which, he isn't just guilty of bleating about referees and injuries when he's blatantly at fault himself for shoddy results. He also penned this:

http://www.balls.ie/football/steve-bruce-novel/293169

And that's just unforgivable.

The difference between Lopetegui and Bruce is enormous. Lopertegui has never achieved anything at club football, no promotions and no experience in English football. He did well, with Barcelona's youngsters, for Spain. in the under 21's and under 19's, who wouldn't have? At club football he got sacked after 10 matches at Rayo Vallecano. He then managed teams equivalent to our Division 2 and guess what, he did nothing again. It took him 10 years for him to be offered another crack at managing another first team football club.
He accepted the Spain job, because it was the easy option and he has managed the youngsters. He would have been expected to achieve promotion at Wolves, something he has never achieved. He will be fine for 4 years as Spain manager, he would have been out of his depth in the English championship. I know that is hard for some people to understand, but he has done absolutely nothing in club management, to suggest he would be able to get any team promoted. He was our first choice because of Mendes, nothing else. I was so happy when he decided to manage Spain. He will do fine there. The only person in the whole of Spain who would have chosen Lopetegui over Caparrós, is Angel Maria Village, the President of the Spanish football establishment. Easy choice for him, continuation, no tantrums and does what he is told. Caparrós is a much better club manager, but too straight talking, for the Spanish Football federation. Lopertegui is the manager of Spain, because of continuation and he is a yes man, not because he has ever done anything at club level.

Steve Bruce would get us promoted. His record speaks for it's self.

Back