• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves are SOLD and Darlo finally has smooth thighs!

Coming back to this...My sister made me smile and very proud of her on Saturday... She and her hubby were up at the weekend and we'd met up for a coffee. He is from the Cumbria area originally and a Man Utd fan. They live in Watford and have for about 20 years and have ST's there.
He asked me if anything was happening at Wolves and I told him of a potential takeover by Chinese investors. He said "why would anyone buy Wolves?" and before I could get an answer out my sister, who never really was a big football fan but got into it taking her autistic son to Watford games as it's something he enjoys doing, said "Why wouldn't they? Wolves are founder members of the league with a fantastic history, a cracking ground and top academy. If any team is set up for a takeover that could propel them upwards its them! Hell, someone bought Watford and they have so much less to offer."

He didn't have a reply for that one and it really made me feel a little bit proud

Good on your sister!

I went out with a lass once who had been seeing Quinn - it was difficult to get it out of my head that I was stirring his porridge :shake:

Fuck me. I was enjoying my breakfast til I read this :vom smiley:
Edit - read the whole fucking thread jelly!

I still can't believe the past few weeks, its fantastic that we have new owners and that they appear to be credible and prepared to invest.

I honestly thought that the ownership issue would drag out for longer than it has, I think that the appeal to buyers has clearly been the infrastructure that has been put in place and the financial standing of the current business.

Really looking forward to the future of Wolves, it'll be interesting no matter what happens, and thats something we haven't been able to say for a while.

As for the fans moaning about the guaranteed investment level, I would suggest that these people could loose a fiver and find winning lottery ticket looking for it, yet still bemoan their luck at loosing the fiver

The CEO is a bit of a strange one, maybe they were banking on JSM staying which is why they don't have their own in place already. If that is the case then it suggests that Smooth Thighs has jumped as opposed to being pushed which has left them somewhat in the lurch, albeit temporarily.

Losing Lopetegui must have also been an eleventh hour blow, but I'm sure they'll bag us a manager of similar ilk or maybe even better without too much trouble.

jez linked with Norwich. not surprised he'll have got something lined up but if true I reckon staying wasn't ever on the cards.

I see the E&S are going with the will invest £20-30m line without actually expanding or trying to understand it or indeed waiting for further clarification from the new owners.

Should get the natives restless #jobdone

Quite a lot of supposition going around (quite understandably) after the confirmation yesterday. But I think it's worth pointing out that most of what we heard yesterday was very much from the POV of the departing regime rather than Fosun themselves. I'm sure they have plenty of plans for the club in the short, medium and long term - none of which we've heard yet. All they've really told us is who will be involved on the board (our new mates Jeff and Sky) and that they want Premier League football ASAP.

The £20/30m figure was mentioned by Morgan, not Fosun, likewise the intention of continuing to develop players in the academy etc etc. I'm surprised Moxey is leaving, but it can only be a wise decision to keep him on for a few months to ensure a smooth transition. I can't see Jackett being kept on.

We've not heard the specifics of the Fosun vision for the club. I don't believe it was mere coincidence that Lopetegui was announced at the same time our takeover was and that things are going on behind the scenes to bring in a new coach/manager. But we don't yet know what structure there'll be - will Thelwell stay? Will we bring a new DoF? What about Scott Sellars/Rob Edwards etc? Tony Daley?

And then there's transfer targets - will we go big really quickly, will we look at loans with a view to permanent deals should we secure promotion?

I hope some of these questions will be touched upon during Monday's press conference. I'm tremendously excited, and I think we'll get some idea of what sort of ride we're in for when a new manager coach is appointed, as well as the quantity/quality of incoming signings. And it's really not too late to get a decent squad together for the coming season. McCarthy arrived 10 years ago yesterday and hadn't yet signed the likes of Karl Henry, Jay Bothroyd who both started his first game in charge. We're obviously dealing in a far bigger pool with the new investment.

I think we're in for one hell of a ride!

Quite amusing that sooo many Wolves fans have picked up on them only spending between £20m and £30m per year, which for one is a lot of money in the Championship and two is what Morgan said they have guaranteed to invest as part of the takeover not what they've said they will spend.

Surely investment and spending are two different things, too. Morgan promised Sir Jack a £30m investment but he definitely spent more than that on transfers and playing staff.

Well, the Roy Hodgson rumour has surfaced on Twitter. He's at the top of my "managers I don't want" list.

I think Hodgson would do a decent job here. Likewise Martinez. Whether they'd want to manage in the Championship is another matter, but it'd be a good opportunity to repair their recent reputations.

I don't fancy Martinez at all. If anyone wants another name for the pot, didn't Bielsa pack in the Lazio job after two days and is therefore available?

I think Hodgson would do a decent job here. Likewise Martinez. Whether they'd want to manage in the Championship is another matter, but it'd be a good opportunity to repair their recent reputations.

Indeed. We all said that when Graham Taylor came here.

I don't fancy Martinez at all. If anyone wants another name for the pot, didn't Bielsa pack in the Lazio job after two days and is therefore available?

That'll be why he quit then. He was obviously offered the chance to manage us.

Ex-England managers at Wolves in Div 1 / champ doesn;t tend to work out well.

Radamel Falcao. Mendes client, a player looking for a regular game.

I'd be happy if we employed someone like Flores...He got Watford out of this division

Back