• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves are SOLD and Darlo finally has smooth thighs!

And I thought I only renewed my ST for the day out - IF we start signing a few quality players the only downside will be Sky moving our games again - Not been chosen in August or September for live coverage pre all this

Indeed. The only bit of information that was wrong in anything that was leaked so far was Robin Li being involved.
Personally I only think Pelé is really a possibility, but he'd still be a ridiculous signing for the Championship.

Personally I only think Pelé is really a possibility, but he'd still be a ridiculous signing for the Championship.

I'll be honest, I'm not quite sure what players to expect. If the ones we were linked do start to trickle through it'll be phenomenal but I'm not going to set my expectations that high! Having said that, Fosun's initial statement certainly seemed to carry a shitload of intent.

Quite amusing that sooo many Wolves fans have picked up on them only spending between £20m and £30m per year, which for one is a lot of money in the Championship and two is what Morgan said they have guaranteed to invest as part of the takeover not what they've said they will spend.

I'll be honest, I'm not quite sure what players to expect. If the ones we were linked do start to trickle through it'll be phenomenal but I'm not going to set my expectations that high! Having said that, Fosun's initial statement certainly seemed to carry a $#@!load of intent.
They're a business, more than anything they'll want to turn a profit in some way. No better way to do that in football than have a team in the EPL.

They're a business, more than anything they'll want to turn a profit in some way. No better way to do that in football than have a team in the EPL.

The only way to do it.

Oh, and fucking annoying that the Football League has been rebranded, EFL. Yes, I'm quite aware it's in England.

I'll be honest, I'm not quite sure what players to expect. If the ones we were linked do start to trickle through it'll be phenomenal but I'm not going to set my expectations that high! Having said that, Fosun's initial statement certainly seemed to carry a $#@!load of intent.

I feel the same. As Alan says confirmation of the lopetegui link may give some truth to the rumours but I just feel too greedy thinking about it. Happy just to wait and see, and they have a job finding the new manager which no doubt was a bit of a downer for them at a late stage. Perhaps Lopetegui gave some indication he was wavering so they sounded out alternatives.

Surprised they didn't have a CEO lined up. Maybe a complication too many once they knew Jezzy Smooth Thighs would agree to stay for 3 months. An easier sell perhaps once the deal has gone through.

Don't get me wrong I'm not questioning their intent one bit, I'm positive that Premier League status is the least of their targets and they'll do what it takes to get there as quickly as possible. I'm just not going to start dreaming of red hot talent rocking up next week just yet, I'll wait until the bar is set with actual signings rather than rumours.

I have full faith in them though and I'm looking forward to what they'll bring to the table.

I feel the same. As Alan says confirmation of the lopetegui link may give some truth to the rumours but I just feel too greedy thinking about it. Happy just to wait and see, and they have a job finding the new manager which no doubt was a bit of a downer for them at a late stage. Perhaps Lopetegui gave some indication he was wavering so they sounded out alternatives.

Surprised they didn't have a CEO lined up. Maybe a complication too many once they knew Jezzy Smooth Thighs would agree to stay for 3 months. An easier sell perhaps once the deal has gone through.

The CEO is a bit of a strange one, maybe they were banking on JSM staying which is why they don't have their own in place already. If that is the case then it suggests that Smooth Thighs has jumped as opposed to being pushed which has left them somewhat in the lurch, albeit temporarily.

Losing Lopetegui must have also been an eleventh hour blow, but I'm sure they'll bag us a manager of similar ilk or maybe even better without too much trouble.

Don't get me wrong I'm not questioning their intent one bit, I'm positive that Premier League status is the least of their targets and they'll do what it takes to get there as quickly as possible. I'm just not going to start dreaming of red hot talent rocking up next week just yet, I'll wait until the bar is set with actual signings rather than rumours.

I have full faith in them though and I'm looking forward to what they'll bring to the table.

Chris Wood and Matt Smith do you? ;)

Talkshite are a great broadcaster no mention this morning then Mick Quinn whinges that he's being bombarded by Wolves fans asking about the takeover. Then asks Brazil what he knows he says "ergh there Chinese" starts laughing.
But we have to put with them banging on for ten minutes how amazing Newcastle are going to be next season.

Like a few people, I'm slightly surprised they chose Wolves - Leeds is the obvious candidate from a city point of view, but who wants to negotiate with a madman? And they're probably still paying off a 20 year lease on Ridsdale's goldfish... The Chinese have just signed a billion quid deal with Sheffield City Council as well, so potential owners must be looking at the Blades.

I did read that Fosun are prepared to overpay for businesses - or at least appear to overpay - as the owners don't appreciate the huge value that can be added in China, and maybe that's the key to the Wolves deal. Famous club, proud history, gold shirts - we may end up being every Chinese boy's favourite English team.

As to manager, I'd always go for someone who's won something: for me, Wilmots falls into the same category as Julen L - international success doesn't translate into league success. I just wonder if Kenny has spent the last few days working on his 50 page dossier of the players he wants and how he'll guide us to the Champions League. Or has he accepted his fate and decided to wait for the Brentford gig?

Just hope the new manager - whoever he is - gives Jed Wallace a fair crack of the whip. One to add to the Iorfa/Graham/Hause list of who we should keep.

Talkshite are a great broadcaster no mention this morning then Mick Quinn whinges that he's being bombarded by Wolves fans asking about the takeover. Then asks Brazil what he knows he says "ergh there Chinese" starts laughing.
But we have to put with them banging on for ten minutes how amazing Newcastle are going to be next season.
I went out with a lass once who had been seeing Quinn - it was difficult to get it out of my head that I was stirring his porridge :shake:

No debt and great academy and a great history.

Coming back to this...My sister made me smile and very proud of her on Saturday... She and her hubby were up at the weekend and we'd met up for a coffee. He is from the Cumbria area originally and a Man Utd fan. They live in Watford and have for about 20 years and have ST's there.
He asked me if anything was happening at Wolves and I told him of a potential takeover by Chinese investors. He said "why would anyone buy Wolves?" and before I could get an answer out my sister, who never really was a big football fan but got into it taking her autistic son to Watford games as it's something he enjoys doing, said "Why wouldn't they? Wolves are founder members of the league with a fantastic history, a cracking ground and top academy. If any team is set up for a takeover that could propel them upwards its them! Hell, someone bought Watford and they have so much less to offer."

He didn't have a reply for that one and it really made me feel a little bit proud

I went out with a lass once who had been seeing Quinn - it was difficult to get it out of my head that I was stirring his porridge :shake:

Thanks that's put me right off my breakfast now.

Back