• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves are SOLD and Darlo finally has smooth thighs!

Been out for a few hours again - another 5 pages!

Not fussed about the money figure bandied about as its Morgan saying that & still probably 20 - 30m more than we had before.

From what I have had time to read on the new owners they would appear to have ambitions & will want to make this a sucess so expect that they will spend what they think is needed.

Sorry, nothing aimed directly at you, the Facebook feed for the club is a car crash of 'is that it?' And 'that'll only get us two players' etc etc or Irish Wolfs glorious comment on this thread.

Your point is perfectly reasonable although I'd disagree because of Derby and Boro's spend last season £20-30m isn't a particularly crazy sum as preverse as that is for second division football.

Well it's immediately £20-30million more than we were spending yesterday. Even at that level a good management and recruitment team SHOULD be able to have a good shot at promotion.
TBH I doubt that any particular figure has been put on initial investment, football is too unpredictable for that (except allegedly in Italy).

Wolves are a big club! Haha

Was just going to say that...

That bloke in the interview did say that there are a number of the richest guys in China who are in a kind of club. They are huge football fans and like a club with a rich history (paraphrasing the guy) and that Wolves as founder members and with all of their history would of been a big draw... Leeds? Pah, I've shit 'em

Yeah but i see his point, Leeds are a big club and its a proper city unlike our $#@!hole of a town.

Wolverhampton is the 12th largest city in England outside London measured by the actual city rather than the council area. The instant you start including places that are historically and functionally part of the city like Willenhall and Sedgley, the population jumps even further and you're well inside the top 10. Wolverhampton is a "proper" city.

Leeds United have also won far less than Wolves - they've only won the FA Cup once for example.

Don't put us down unnecessarily.

This is brilliant really puts a shine on what has been a turd of a day for me and the wife

Wolverhampton is the 12th largest city in England outside London. The instant you start including places that are historically and functionally part of the city like Willenhall and Sedgley, the population jumps even further and you're well inside the top 10. Wolverhampton is a "proper" city.

Leeds United have also won far less than Wolves - they've only won the FA Cup once for example.

Don't put us down unnecessarily.

Big population or not, as in a city to visit, Wolverhampton is a dump and offers nothing for someone who comes to the city to say.....shop.
To say its a university city, walking round it you wouldnt know it,for instance its not like visiting a place such as Worcester.

And regardless of population, id be very shocked if we ever averaged anywhere over 40,000 something weve only done 3 times in our history.

This could be the start of something really special, i've always had to listen to stories about how great Wolves were in the 50's etc but now they could actually be great again. Fosun sound like they mean business and have a plan to get us where we need to be and that is a start. I'm not going to get ahead of myself with who i'd like as manager because as much as i would like some of the names being banded about like AVB i don't think that's going to happen. Let's take it one step at a time but i can't wait to see what happens.

Also glad i renewed on the early bird and stuck with it and happy that others are now buying season tickets as a full Molineux can only benefit the club.

Big population or not, as in a city to visit, Wolverhampton is a dump and offers nothing for someone who comes to the city to say.....shop.
To say its a university city, walking round it you wouldnt know it,for instance its not like visiting a place such as Worcester.

And regardless of population, id be very shocked if we ever averaged anywhere over 40,000 something weve only done 3 times in our history.

Wolverhampton is not great now accepted but has potential to improve with the right investment and same goes for the club no debt good sized stadium with potential to expand plus a good academy foundations are already lay down.
Leeds for example where do you start complete mess at board room level, finances uncertain and an average academy.
Many clubs that have been in the PL for long periods have been based in what you would call crap hole towns and cities.

Port Vale friendly Saturday, press conference Monday, Northampton friendly Tuesday... what do we think? Jackett out tomorrow, Gallen or one of the other coaching staff left in post to lead the first team in the friendlies, and a new manager announced sometime next week before the Swansea game?

Can't see a new manager coming in before the press conference, but equally seems pretty unlikely they'd keep Jackett on longer than necessary. Far too awkward to have him in place for a meaningless pre-season match, just because.

(Also, in related news - Swansea just got bought out as well, by an American consortium with fingers in lots of different franchises over there. Difficult to figure out exact wealth but unlikely to be in the same ballpark as Fosun Group. Really incredible how much we've lucked out: https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/apr/19/swansea-city-owners-sale-takeover-us-investors)

I think Gallen will go the same time as KJ, could see Gerry Gill in charge on very short term basis.

We've won it more time than Spurs have.

I must protest! In the heyday of the 1950s, the Wolves regularly played to crowds over 50,000 at Molineux, with occasional gates reaching over 60,000 for West Midland derbies. How do I know? I was there in the crush! Safety concerns reduced the gate from the late 1960s on.

The University is massively pushing itself.

The City we live in isn't such a cackhole as you imply. There are pisspoor bits but they are being improved. To compare to Worcester is bizarre. Like comparing Leicester with Ely frankly.

I really like Wolverhampton, the City. I really enjoy visiting and it has improved a lot in just the last 10 years

Retail wise the city centre is of s poor standard and there is some deprived areas, but which city doesn't have its poor areas? Conversely it has some good areas and the countryside to the west of the city is as good as anywhere.
If the football club improves and reaches new heights it'll improve investment into the city.

Like you say, shopping is poor and that needs sorting if it wants to increase visits.

Wolverhampton as a place is not that bad at all (& I now live in the rolling hills of Dorset & near the World Heritage site that is the Jurrasic coast) - I've been to the back end of Luton & used to work in Bermondsey & Peckham (pre Del Boy)!

Back