• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves are SOLD and Darlo finally has smooth thighs!

Ah dunno. Haven't been keeping up with the news today...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p040dpdh

Interesting interview starts about an hour and 6 mins in.

Yes, I listened to that interview. It was very interesting.
The person interviewed knew the Boss of Fosun personally.
He was very positive about the way they do business and how there would be stability and continuity with their investment and no impulsive decisions when things don't go according to plan. Are you listening Mr Morgan?
He also said if I recall correctly that achieving Premier League status would not be enough, that competing in the Champions League will be the ultimate goal.

Moyes, AVB, or Martinez, I'd be happy, as I would be with any manager with either top flight or international experience. (Well, maybe not *any* manager... Tim Sherwood's still out of work, after all...)

Also, lol at the £20m-£30m figure giving eternal pessimists something to complain about. The Venn diagram of people who spent the last two weeks adamant we were actually getting bought by a Moxey-led consortium and of people who think £30m "isn't enough" is basically a circle.

Fully expect that much to be spent on the stadium alone, before transfer fees and other infrastructure improvements and backroom staff hires.

SUMMARISE!!

Listen to it Jinky.

Spoke to some guy who works with Chinese CEOs and knows the company well. Surprised they've bought 100%, but will mean they are in it for the long term. Will know how much needs to be invested to get us out of the Championship in a maximum of three years. Will be looking to make money and that will mean Champions League. Wolves fans should be excited.

I think Martinez will be in the last chance saloon after Everton performing so chronically under him. Not averse to his appointment but acutely aware of his limitations. We have an appalling defensive 5 and I wouldn't trust him to improve on that enough for it to not undermine his position during a challenge and especially upon promotion.

"I'm surprised they went for Wolves and not Leeds because Leeds are a one team city..."

Errr, so are Wolves

Listen to it Jinky.

Spoke to some guy who works with Chinese CEOs and knows the company well. Surprised they've bought 100%, but will mean they are in it for the long term. Will know how much needs to be invested to get us out of the Championship in a maximum of three years. Will be looking to make money and that will mean Champions League. Wolves fans should be excited.
Thanks Penk, all I wanted to hear..

We really do have some spoilt brats for supporters don't we? I simply cannot believe the number of people complaining at the 20-30 comment. It's almost like they just can't be happy. We've had a negative net spend in recent years for $#@! sake.

I commented on it because I was very surprised by it - surely it would have been better to keep quiet as 20-30 million is enough to make people raise prices.

Wolves have a big catchment area too. No debt and great academy and a great history.

Yeah but i see his point, Leeds are a big club and its a proper city unlike our shithole of a town.
Must be the debt they have or the symbolic appeal of the Wolf in China.

I commented on it because I was very surprised by it - surely it would have been better to keep quiet as 20-30 million is enough to make people raise prices.

Sorry, nothing aimed directly at you, the Facebook feed for the club is a car crash of 'is that it?' And 'that'll only get us two players' etc etc or Irish Wolfs glorious comment on this thread.

Your point is perfectly reasonable although I'd disagree because of Derby and Boro's spend last season £20-30m isn't a particularly crazy sum as preverse as that is for second division football.

Back