• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves are SOLD and Darlo finally has smooth thighs!

i hope we get somebody from abroad though..somebody with experience from europe

Guys, we're not about to slap our shiny new elephant-sized cock down on the transfer table for the world to see. Don't for a second believe that we'll leave it at 20-30m.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Maybe he meant 20-30m per player.

Away for a day and all hell breaks loose. I'm not too distressed about Lopertegui but certainly wouldn't want Ryan Giggs. Absolutely clueless at the Euros. Gary Neville yes, except he maybe has too many outside interests. As for £20-30m not being enough to get out of the Champ, I'd respectfully suggest that the right manager (someone like Sean Dyche) would piss the championship with that sort of money.

Just need 1 more to complete the set

Cn5bRpAUAAAiemT.jpg:large

It is "investment in the club" - which doesn't say anything about the playing staff, which you would state was "investment in the team".

Conversely, you could say the team is just part of the club so only a portion of the £20-30m into the club will actually go towards the team.

Unless they're going to redevelopment another stand almost immediately then I can't see where that sort of money is going to go within the club other than playing staff.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Steve Bull straight back on the agenda.

I think it is unrealistic to expect Fosun to be spending more than 20m to 30m. It might be a big company but at the end of last year owed almost 18 billion dollars. Just like the private equity companies that fund purchases they depend on each company acquired to generate cash to service the debt. So for every million that they invest, they will be looking for the Wolves to generate around 50,000 cash a year to pay for the debt. These people will be hard-nosed business men, they will be prepared to invest only if they can see that sufficient cash will be generated to service the debt.

It might be straight back on the agenda but things can take a long time to come to fruition.

I imagine if it had still been Steve Morgan in charge then things could've possibly happened more quickly, architects who did the first stand may have already had first stage designs in place for the subsequent phases and they may have looked to negotiate the job directly with the same contractor who did the last phase but new owners might want to look at things differently to what was previously on the drawing board.

Will there be a clear out from top to bottom? I know there have been a few problems at the club recently, but there must be areas that are doing well and need leaving be.

I think it is unrealistic to expect Fosun to be spending more than 20m to 30m. It might be a big company but at the end of last year owed almost 18 billion dollars. Just like the private equity companies that fund purchases they depend on each company acquired to generate cash to service the debt. So for every million that they invest, they will be looking for the Wolves to generate around 50,000 cash a year to pay for the debt. These people will be hard-nosed business men, they will be prepared to invest only if they can see that sufficient cash will be generated to service the debt.

If we get the PL this year there will be a cool 100 million waiting for them...enough said, they will spend the money.

Will there be a clear out from top to bottom? I know there have been a few problems at the club recently, but there must be areas that are doing well and need leaving be.
The club itself is in decent health. It's the playing and coaching staff at first team level that needs gutting.

The academy seems to be doing great tbh

No issues at Academy level. Our new mate Jeff acknowledges that it's doing well.

I am slightly underwhelmed with the whole 20 - 30 million but i guess we will know by the first group of signing where we are heading so im just going to be happy we dont have to deal with the Fat Controller anymore.....

How much would you have liked them to pledge?

Been out at a bowls club comm meeting since 1.30 so missed the fun. I did get a text from Wolves at 15.14 confirming the news, but managed to control my exclamations of joy enough so the rest of the committee didn't think I had lost my mind.

Moxey going is news to me though it is the right time for him to do it. Whatever happened with the spaniard don't expect Jackett & Thelwell to be far behind him.

Not fussed about the sums being bandied around - next season will now be one of hope and expectation rather than the tedium that I would have expected if this hadn't happened

Back