• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves are SOLD and Darlo finally has smooth thighs!

A few things to remember about the £20-30M:

- That's only over the first two years. They will invest more after that if we haven't been promoted by then.
- We're in the Championship. £25M+ the ability to now hold on to the likes of Iorfa, Hause, Graham & Dicko should see us challenging for promotion. Easy.
- Once we're in the Premier League the 'shackles' of FFP are off and we have a lovely £100M+ windfall for simply taking part.
- With Mendes' involvement I'd imagine that we'll be buying comparatively cheaper European/South American footballers and won't be spaffing £5M on Tom Ince like Derby have done. More bang for our buck.

They didn't, Morgan did. Wait until Monday.

Plus that kind of talk seriously weakens our negotiating hand.

im not saying i want them to be like 2000 million on players or w/e but to put a price on it ? why not just say nothing at all about money they will invest ?

It was Morgan who said this remember, not Shi. It will be a condition of the deal that they'll have to invest that amount money in that timeframe. He was rambling on about his 'legacy' in his open letter, this will be what he sees as his 'parting gift' to Wolves.

who knows whether the level of money mentioned was just Steve passing on a minimum investment clause. though i'd rather nothing had been said about it too.

unfortunately the speculation linking us to various high value players in the run up to this deal creates an expectation and because of that it's sometimes better to get interim press releases out.

but it's done now, we wanted a sale, the ambition is there and i'm looking forward to hearing what's said on monday.

Out of everything that's come out of today - and the two large statements from the OS and Morgan, it's fucking typical that there are a few fans out there who only pick up on the "£20-30m" bit.

Proof that the club just simply cannot win, when it comes to a precious few.

Out of everything that's come out of today - and the two large statements from the OS and Morgan, it's fucking typical that there are a few fans out there who only pick up on the "£20-30m" bit.

I know - I've been in a meeting for the past hour and cant believe how many people have jumped on this one line.

we are no longer in limbo and we can actually start moving forward again soo im happy regardless :)

This is what I'm over the moon about.

We've had this 'I prefer the Championship/Premiership' debate on here a few times, with everybody waning something slightly different in return for their support. What it boils down to for me is that I want to see my club competing, no matter what level that's at. I want to see us keep our best players, build our squad year after year rather than have to start anew every time we falter, I want to see us play entertaining football and be involved in exciting, high stakes football matches. This is what this deal pretty much guarantees.

This is what matters.

'Our goal is crystal clear: we will do our very best to help take Wolves back to the Premier League as soon as possible and to stay there. We believe the club and the fans belong at the top of English football and getting there is our first and top priority.'

Out of everything that's come out of today - and the two large statements from the OS and Morgan, it's $#@!ing typical that there are a few fans out there who only pick up on the "£20-30m" bit.

im not picking up on it, im just abit concerned is all im saying, as of now we have a bare boned squad and if the figure of 20/30m within 2 years is said it gets me abit more concerned, as i said im happy and will wait til monday to hear from Jeff

Given that Morgan pledged to invest a certain amount when he took over from SJH, I suspect he felt duty bound to say that the new owners had committed to something similar. I'd suggest the £20-30m figure is meaningless. The period up to August 31 will tell us everything we need to know

This is what I'm over the moon about.

We've had this 'I prefer the Championship/Premiership' debate on here a few times, with everybody waning something slightly different in return for their support. What it boils down to for me is that I want to see my club competing, no matter what level that's at. I want to see us keep our best players, build our squad year after year rather than have to start anew every time we falter, I want to see us play entertaining football and be involved in exciting, high stakes football matches. This is what this deal pretty much guarantees.

I prefer to win the championship and then deal with whatever the prem chucks at us! In fact, I preferred relegation from the championship to last season, mid table nothingness (somethings known as "consolidating") is not only dull but equals a wasted season.

I don't think it would be wise to be telling the football world how much we are prepared to spend, that's why the new owners haven't bandied any figures around.

I did not prefer watching a Dean Saunders team, listening to Dean Saunders every day and having to temporarily withdraw my attendance because of Dean Saunders preferable to last season.

Back