• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves are SOLD and Darlo finally has smooth thighs!

Not sure I follow this argument. If a few webmongs can work out they've got loads of money despite them saying "only" £20m-30m, then I'm sure other clubs and agents will think to up their prices when the time comes.

And of course, they might be telling the truth and they're not going to be quite as ambitious as we all hope. Our expectations have been raised through the roof with all the ITK shit of the last couple of weeks, all of which has been bollocks so far. They might envisage us being the next Southampton rather than the next Man City, which I'd still take quite happily.
Irrespective of the amount of money you have making a statement that we will effectively "pay any price" is foolish business, I suspect it is as you say partly to reign our expectations in but also to let the footballing community know we won't be ripped off.

Or I could be reading into it wrong and talking total bollocks :D

Not sure I follow this argument. If a few webmongs can work out they've got loads of money despite them saying "only" £20m-30m, then I'm sure other clubs and agents will think to up their prices when the time comes.

And of course, they might be telling the truth and they're not going to be quite as ambitious as we all hope. Our expectations have been raised through the roof with all the ITK $#@! of the last couple of weeks, all of which has been bollocks so far. They might envisage us being the next Southampton rather than the next Man City, which I'd still take quite happily.

At least we can finally sign some bloody players.

Nothing will happen on that front until Monday I'd think. He's going though.

Certainly won't sack him via phone.

No doubt he will arrive back tomorrow afternoon and have a meeting. Might happen tomorrow afternoon and Edwards will take the Vale game.

£20 - £30m has got to be taken with a pinch of salt really, Morgan's hardly going to say they're going to spunk cash everywhere otherwise asking prices are going to automatically double.

My thoughts exactly - they will want promotion within 2 years I would expect and £30m is very very unlikely to do that

Irrespective of the amount of money you have making a statement that we will effectively "pay any price" is foolish business, I suspect it is as you say partly to reign our expectations in but also to let the footballing community know we won't be ripped off.

Or I could be reading into it wrong and talking total bollocks :D

I'm sure you're right about the thinking behind it, I just can't see it working. We are now a "rich club".

I'm sure you're right about the thinking behind it, I just can't see it working. We are now a "rich club".
Thinking of us as a rich club makes me positively moist, either way I hope we see the investment we all hope, we have suffered enough.

Does anyone think we could mount a serious challenge this year, then? I'm more inclined to believe that next year will be the time for us to give it a good go...

It is "investment in the club" - which doesn't say anything about the playing staff, which you would state was "investment in the team".

Does anyone think we could mount a serious challenge this year, then? I'm more inclined to believe that next year will be the time for us to give it a good go...

We will go for it this year I reckon, big style.

Ken is not staying, can we end that panic now please.

It'll be interesting to see what we do with recruitment now, regardless of money available I've lost faith in Thelwell and co being able to bring in the right players

Tim Spiers ‏@tim_spiers_Star 31m31 minutes ago
Understand the sale figure is £30m. It's believed included in that is substantial promotion bonus payment, which Morgan will give to charity

If that is the case, then fair play Steve Morgan

(SSN stated the £30m price)

Wonder where this leaves us with the rumoured transfer targets - the Portugusse lads etc.

Wonder where this leaves us with the rumoured transfer targets - the Portugusse lads etc.
Mendes is involved with Fosun so I'd imagine we're going to have our fair share of his clients.

Lets hope so

Back