• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 3 - 0 Huddersfield: Verdict Thread

Like I said look at the goalkeepers reaction. If there was no contact why did the goalkeeper get ready to walk.
If I had been him I would have gone ballistic at ALF.

Le Fondre dived. Called it in real time & vindicated bu the replay.

Thought we played very well. Danny Batth was superb.

Le Fondre dived. Called it in real time & vindicated bu the replay.

Thought we played very well. Danny Batth was superb.

Hating before it was cool.....

Disgraceful decision from the referee not to give a pen when ALF went down and in all honesty, he (the ref) had a shocker of a game anyway - but let's not give him the attention.

KMac, Henry, Dominic, ALF & Batth were top draw today. Very happy with Martinez as well.

Shows how embarrassing that fans were calling for KJ's head a week or two ago. First half was turgid at times and still much to improve on, but this last week shows how quickly you can turn things around in this league.

The referee was correct in not awarding a penalty kick.

He made completely the wrong choice anyway. Always go on the outside of the keeper or if you don't fancy taking him on curl it round him.

Seen numerous replays there is no contact. I was at the game and saw no reason for him to go down unless he was fouled. He wasn't.
You need your eyes testing then if you watched the replays. There is clear contact on ALF's right knee from the goalies right shoulder.

The keeper's reaction tells you that, because he knew he'd touched him. If he hadn't he'd have been screaming at the ref that he hadn't.

Frank - The ref got it wrong.

You need your eyes testing then if you watched the replays. There is clear contact on ALF's right knee from the goalies right shoulder.

The keeper's reaction tells you that, because he knew he'd touched him. If he hadn't he'd have been screaming at the ref that he hadn't.

Frank - The ref got it wrong.
No - ALF moved his foot towards the keeper to make it look like a foul.

Slight change of topic, but why did Huddersfield wear their third strip today. Their second kit is yellow so obviously they could not wear that. Though I am not sure that their blue and white kit would have clashed with Wolves colours.

Their choice and due to wear a changed shirt x times in a season maybe?

Whether it was or wasn't a penalty is a mute point. What is fact is that the contact didn't need to bring him down, as Afobe would have taken the penalty I have no ideas why he hit the deck

Clearly the ALF pen scenario wasn't clear cut - though he had vociferously denied diving on twitter!

On the plus side it's really positive to see a fairly settled side back with some neat interchanging in midfield. Starting to look like the Wolves team we've all grown to love over the last two seasons!

Falcao booked for diving after kicking the ball away from the goal - now that was a Yellow card offence - any contact came from him hitting Stecklenburg rather than the other way round

Le Fondre's was more arguable - though in reality its a footnote when we have won 3 - 0

Frank or anyone...
I mentioned it in the Matchday thread at the time, but Ojo's tackle on their defender...
He was a milisecond away from making contact with the ball 1st.
But he didn't, so isn't that just a foul, regardless of how spectacularly the defending twat exploded in mid air to come down all of a ruck.
I thought ok it's a foul, it was never a yellow..

(#23) That was never a yellow card tackle. Never!
Ojo went for it at the same time as the Defender coming across and off balance.
Almost, as in a milisecond off getting to it first.
It was a foul I suppose.... just.
Never a yellow.

Frank...?

Watching it in the ground I was staggered he got booked. As was Ojo himself!

Watching it in the ground I was staggered he got booked. As was Ojo himself!
When compared with 2 challenges Whitehead got away with it makes the decision even more ludicrous

Whitehead got booked at the end didn't he? That looked a naughty one.

Back