• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2 - Bolton 2 Verdict thread.

That one has really hurt, given that humiliatingly this is my cup final, given that I now live and work alongside the McGinlay-adoring wankers.

I'm an arch defender of KJ, but his tactics and selection tonight were incomprehensible, and it sounds from all accounts that we played shite as well.

Now that the season is officially a write-off, give him til the end of the season as the steady hand on the rudder while the club is up for sale, then let him go with our thanks and well wishes.

You want me to watch three more months of that shit so he can leave "with our thanks"?
No thanks!

Terrible performance, even at 2-0 up we were poor. Amateur tactics, amateur manager, amateur players, amateur club. 2-0 up with 10 minutes to go against the bottom club who were missing Zach Clough and featuring 58 year old Emile fucking Heskey and we throw it away.

3 subs, all midfielders, both strikers withdrawn and all Jackett witters on about is no club can cater for that kind of deflection (the equaliser). He won't because of the shambles we are but he should walk.

Batth came to applaud the fans at FT but nobody clapped and he fucked off

Here's a curve ball for all you lovely guys.. How about Gary Neville in next season ? We all know its not going to work at Valencia and he will get the sack... sooooooooooo.

As a player or manager? Would be an improvement either way!

Definitely regretting spending £30(!) on a Reading ticket for Saturday, thankfully it's only a 15 minute train away for me. I was at Solbakken's final league game in charge away at Palace so hopefully my presence might have a similar effect on KJ... Might dust off my grim reaper costume.

My twopenneth
2 0 up with 9 minutes to go against bottom of the league and don't win is disgraceful from a ridiculously negative manager. Someone has already posted our finishing formation, negative, negative twat.
Positives were Ebanks Landell's distribution in the first half which was very good. He'll be dropped when Williamson is fit, but he shouldn't be, it should be captain not so fantastic. I also thought Rowe did well. I like a winger rather than a wide midfielder, but he is what he is and I thought he was neat and tidy, kept the ball and his shape. The Saville substitution made no sense on any footballing level.
Negatives, there are loads, but the three biggest for me were that Bolton fully deserved their point and dominated most of the second half, the old needless step over, shit crossing and falling over Van La Parra was back and Iorfa was shocking and could do with a couple of games out, but we don't have the personnel to do it.

That one has really hurt, given that humiliatingly this is my cup final, given that I now live and work alongside the McGinlay-adoring wankers.

I'm an arch defender of KJ, but his tactics and selection tonight were incomprehensible, and it sounds from all accounts that we played shite as well.

Now that the season is officially a write-off, give him til the end of the season as the steady hand on the rudder while the club is up for sale, then let him go with our thanks and well wishes.
So tonight's performance showed a steady hand on the rudder, did it?

I'd hate to be on your ship :icon_lol:

Stolen from twitter (@mrshot7):
How we ended the game
GK
RB-CB-CB-RB
RM-DM-DM-DM
DM
RM

#wwfc

There's really no excuse for that at all. Safe this season or not, Jackett really needs to go now.

Wow, we missed the much maligned David Edwards.

Not KJ's finest hour but Coady's dynamical intrusion on a field of football was possibly the worst I've seen in a Wolves shirt.

Henry wouldn't do that against 99/100 clubs in the top two leagues.

Nothing we didn't know about the defence but EEL deserves Williamson alongside him and I think Ikeme might benefit from that too.

An aberration. Mr Jacket you are beginning to stink.

Moxey OUT.

KJ just go, and take those power boys with you

I had my friend attend on my behalf, poor ref but ultimately too negative at home was his verdict.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

3 in 4 for Afobe in the Prem now. What a bloody idiot that Eddie Howe is - surely he knows best way to use Afobe is to isolate him and aim punts at his head from 60 yards away?

Awful evening of football.
At least 25% of the Season Ticket Holders around us didn't turn up and I don't blame them.
Garbage tactics once again.
We were lead a merry dance by a team that struggled to string three passes together for large parts of the game yet still had far more possession than us.
The big boot to Siggy was our outball for most of the evening due to our inabilities all over the pitch, to pass the ball.
2-0 flattered us and a draw was a fair result, no matter how it came about. It truly was a shocking spectacle.

I thought the way we set up to start was almost as good as we could do with what was available. The left back issue is a major problem of course but we may still have got away with it if the manager hadn't bottled it.....again. To take both forward players off and finish with four central midfielders on the pitch defies any logic.
Ikeme definitely called for the first (was heard by quite a few in the Stan Cullis) and then didn't come. I can see why Iorfa didn't move when he expected Ikeme to claim it.
There was a certain resigned feel about the second one going in.
Players
Ikeme - Very poor for the first and yet didn't have much to do overall.
Iorfa - Not his best game, looked shaky in defence and overplayed going forward.
Baath - Really struggling at the moment, doesn't look to have any confidence. Distribution woeful.
EEL - Looked better than Baath but that's a low bar. Distribution also poor.
Doherty - Fucking useless. No coincidence most of their crosses came from that side as he fails to close down the man with the ball.
RVLP - Had one of those clowns feet days where nothing works. Tried but would have been hauled off after 60 mins if it was down to me.
McDonald - Awful. Had no influence on the game and is a major reason why we didn't play through midfield.
Coady - Busy doing not a great deal.
Rowe - I thought he was tidy but lacked support due to individuals around him.
Mason - good start but was very quiet for the most part
Siggy - Worked hard in a thankless role trying to win headers, collect it himself and keep possession !
Subs
Henry - Excellent finish but little else to praise.
Saville / Price - No time to really get into the game as it passed them by for the last five minutes.

Some very poor performances but ultimately this one is on Jackett and I'm getting really fed up watching this brand of tripe.

It's a shame that the amount of contempt I currently have for Jackett is overshadowing the good work he did when he first came to the club (although, I don't think he really did much more than any other half capable manager could have done). I'm not sure there is anything he can do now to change my opinion of him and the longer he stays the more I dislike him and his tactics. Unfortunately we are stuck with this for the rest of the season and probably beyond. At least under Saunders we knew it was going to end up in him being sacked.

For both their goals we had our whole team in our half. For the free kick, we had our 11 players in our own box.

Aiki's line up shows how dire and negative we are.
Afobe has almost as many for Bournemouth in the PL in 4 games as he got with us in half a season.

What odds would you have got on us starting a league match this season, with a front line including RVLP, Rowe and Siggy?

Bamford ended his own loan deal, I'd be doing the same if I were ALF with the loan window reopening he can fight into contention at Cardiff or get a move somewhere else. Chronically misused by Jackett and just one of a plethora of examples.

I actually think these falling attendances might provoke action, L1 aside I've never known 17k at home unless there were exceptional circumstances, if they drop much more they will cause concern internally. I can see the crowd finally turning soon, although I expect the final minutes tonight weren't pleasant.
The crowd in the main haven't turned yet also a lot havent turned up again. there was not 17k in there tonight no way this counting ST holders who dont turn up is a figleaf. I stand (sit?) in the south bank in the middle just over half way up and there were 4 empty seats to my right and plenty every elsewhere. The north bank was sparsly populated and the sides were half empty. If there was 15000 in there really I'd be amazed there was only 5 cars on the market car park at 6.20 usually there would be loads.

What is this love in with siggy? he is dross as is Rowe, Saville, RVLP (except in a transfer window), Batth, EEL and Ikeme. We have adjusted down to the current ambitions of the board, mid table obscurity for us and the odd skirmish with relegation.

Its the Kenny brand that is doing it yesterday was the biggest example he shut up shop Henry scored a class goal for extra cushion and we still couldnt hang on. We should play football its easy for the opposition when you have no attacking intent. Jacket has proved what a lot thought from the early hiccups last season he is a stubborn negative low grade manager. He got us playing at the end of last season but hasnt the balls to play attacking football. Sorry Kenny the jobs too big for you so Fuck Off!!

I had my friend attend on my behalf, poor ref but ultimately too negative at home was his verdict.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

whats he doing next home game? second thoughts I couldn't do that to another human being . You're a cruel man!

Back