• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2 - 1 QPR - Verdict Thread

And now mathematically we can't finish bottom of the league! Best they can manage is 70 points

Mathematically we can’t be relegated due to teams playing each other.

Referee had his flag up as soon as Costa touched the ball so it was he who he gave offside. Cav would have reached it easily but gave up as he heard the whistle.

I know it was the linesman who gave offside, I do grasp the basics of football. Cav would never have reached that from where I was sitting, it was running miles ahead of him, I just don’t understand why Costa didn’t slide it home.

People are being ridiculously harsh on Ruddy, who has single handedly won us points at times this season. Players are sometimes allowed below par performances - its far from a common occurrence from him this season.

He's been very good this season, he's kept a daft amount of clean sheets, has only conceded 23 goals in 31 league games. We've 15 games left, he doesn't need replacing in those 15 games.

Just want to be clear that I don't mean to be placing myself in that camp.

Ruddy has been great. But he also has been letting minor errors into his game in recent weeks. Mostly dropping the ball through poor handling. His shot saving is still excellent though.

I know it was the linesman who gave offside, I do grasp the basics of football. Cav would never have reached that from where I was sitting, it was running miles ahead of him, I just don’t understand why Costa didn’t slide it home.

Flag had gone up soon as Costa got the ball (wrongly) so it was irrelevant anyways about finish or pass.

Ruddy had a few wobbly moments but no more so than the the rest of the defence. He was unlucky on the goal as he'd made a brilliant save prior to it going in.

Should have been six nil at half time. It wasn't so we had a tougher second half. We still won. The end.

Cunts like the one quoted above aren't fans and should be called out as such. Disgraceful comments,

I was saying the linesman gave Costa offside as soon as he touched it so it wasn't Cav that he gave offside.

Well, that was a game of 2 halves - sublime in the first half, chaotic in the 2nd, all set off by Ruddy not commanding a harmless situation. Alf was generally too casual, and Benik needs a goal to settle himself down.

Two points saved by one superb last-ditch tackle on Washington (?) by Bennett, and Coady clearing off the line.

That was a lot more stressful than it needed to be!

The pass from Costa to Cav wasn’t offside as it was 2nd phase. Costa had already been flagged offside.

Ruddy has been great. But he also has been letting minor errors into his game in recent weeks. Mostly dropping the ball through poor handling. His shot saving is still excellent though.

Yeah, this sums it up perfectly for me. Don’t get me wrong - I think Ruddy is a top professional and he’s exactly what we needed this season. It doesn’t stop me from wanting an upgrade next season though (or letting Norris have an extended run in the side to see what he can offer).

Should have been six nil at half time. It wasn't so we had a tougher second half. We still won. The end.

$#@!s like the one quoted above aren't fans and should be called out as such. Disgraceful comments,
6-2 to be fair

We would really benefit from a goalkeeper who is good with his feet, like Ederson. Very difficult to find one though.

The pass from Costa to Cav wasn’t offside as it was 2nd phase. Costa had already been flagged offside.

Again, I understand that. What I don't get is why Costa just didn't put it under the keeper instead of playing a ball Cav would never reach. When he played the ball he didn't know play had been stopped.

What a strange game.
We could of won by six but we were happy to hang on for a win.
I felt sorry for Benek....he just needs a couple of goals and a bit of confidence.
Nuno just needs to have a weeks training of not giving away the ball.

We are going up....the odd not so brilliant game changes nothing.

Presumably if the ref/lino had seen that it is not just a red card but also a penalty?

Back