• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1-2 Norwich: The Verdict

just not good enough then now

meant back four in general

Guidolin amassed 32 points from 25 games (9 wins, 5 draws). 25 (24 league games) games is almost a full season so he can have no complaints there. Di Matteo had only 10 points from his 11 league games and only 1 win (and a loss in the cup), that's just flat out not good enough at any level for a club like Villa in this division given the money they have spent.

WZ seems OK for now, 4 wins, 3 draws and 4 losses seems a reasonable start and even 2 more losses isn't cause for that much concern.

Both got exactly what they deserved.

32 points from 25 games is 48 points over a 38 game season. For a club like Swansea whose policy is to sell their best players that seems like a decent tally and ensures mid table security.

De Matteo can have no complaints though.

The back four isn't good enough, Stearman was a farce of a signing and Doherty is never a top half full back in this league. Plus Ikeme is passable at best.

I'm more worried that Zenga sends out a three man midfield and gives two of them no instructions. There are very few games when any of the two 'advanced' midfielders in this set up have worked so far this season. They don't know if they're supposed to be attacking or defending and end up doing neither. We brought on Coady against Norwich to play deep(ish) alongside Saiss, freed Edwards up and he did well in the last half hour as he knew his brief was to attack. In fact that's the first time he's been handed that role in the whole of 2016.

He is likeable, but let's be honest he was a mental appointment and it won't end well for him. The best outcome would be for us to be about 12th in December, fuck him off and get an actual football manager in and then make the play offs

Yeah, edwards should play there if anywhere, the flag is out on zenga, don't know how good he is tactically. Of course there is room to upgrade both defence and goalie..and think we need to do that to compete for promotion

it looks like its beginning to fall apart for Zenga
if Jeff said that his previous clubs "did not show enough patience "-what, all of them ? his record does not suggest he's a manager that should get
cherry picked for any job.
And whats with the rumours of an erratic personal life !,whats he been up to ?
if this doesn't get any better soon, then he may be gone before xmas, so that a new face will have time to prepare for the jan window and make the right signings

It seems to me football management has become more and more impossible because of instant scrutiny within the media and social networks.
We really do go to extremes after one good win or a poor result. More patience required by everyone.

I was concerned about Zengas managerial history when we signed him and for me he's got about 50/50 right/wrong so far, but think he needs to stay till Christmas.........unless we go on a long losing streak. I'm still more positive about Wolves than I have been for ages and more excited in the first 10 games than the whole of the previous 2 seasons

Honestly can't believe some of what I'm reading here. A week ago I left Molineux absolutely bouncing after a convincing win over a quality Brentford side, go and read the verdict thread after that game. We were all skipping around like new born lambs, now I'm reading that we should only give Zenga until Xmas? Have a fucking word.

If we're talking about giving him a set amount of time how about Xmas 2017 when he's had 2 more windows of Fosun money to sort out Kenny's shite and a full pre season to properly bed in.

Honestly can't believe some of what I'm reading here. A week ago I left Molineux absolutely bouncing after a convincing win over a quality Brentford side, go and read the verdict thread after that game. We were all skipping around like new born lambs, now I'm reading that we should only give Zenga until Xmas? Have a fucking word.

If we're talking about giving him a set amount of time how about Xmas 2017 when he's had 2 more windows of Fosun money to sort out Kenny's shite and a full pre season to properly bed in.

It seems to me football management has become more and more impossible because of instant scrutiny within the media and social networks.
We really do go to extremes after one good win or a poor result. More patience required by everyone.

I agree , patience is normally afforded to a situation which you hope is gonna come good , not to sure this will happen with Zenga
looking at his past record ,16 clubs in 16 yrs ! a few honours ,avrg 43.13 win % but hardly at a club for more than a year.
When he was appointed, most on here were surprised,including myself, especially with some of the names that were being bounded about
but i think he won us over, and his war cry (PASSION) as oppose to KJ (POWER) seemed acceptable.
i like the man , and hope it comes good for us,but will he get us to the premier and stay there , not to sure !

Patience in the wrong manager isn't a good way to run a football club. Not reaching the play offs this year would be an epic failure, and the board will want to protect against that. Another 12 months in this division would be a catastrophic waste of money, and Fosun won't accept it.

If we'd bought a journey man left back from the UAE on a gamble and he wasn't good enough, we'd replace him in January. If he had anything at all in his managerial history to suggest he was a manager worth persisting with you could forgive an indifferent start and give him patience and trust that he'd turn it around - but he's got no credit in the bank, and record that suggests that this is basically as good as it gets, which isn't enough

Patience in the wrong manager isn't a good way to run a football club. Not reaching the play offs this year would be an epic failure, and the board will want to protect against that. Another 12 months in this division would be a catastrophic waste of money, and Fosun won't accept it.

If we'd bought a journey man left back from the UAE on a gamble and he wasn't good enough, we'd replace him in January. If he had anything at all in his managerial history to suggest he was a manager worth persisting with you could forgive an indifferent start and give him patience and trust that he'd turn it around - but he's got no credit in the bank, and record that suggests that this is basically as good as it gets, which isn't enough

He has more than enough credit in the bank for me, credit that his Wolves teams have earned him on the pitch.

I'm certainly not advocating his dismissal by xmas, just think Fosun won't be worried about hiring and firing managers at will, modern owners sem to work that way

He (Zenga) knows that its a results business and in the medium term his results need to be satisfactory to good. There is a bit of pressure on him now as his slection and rotation has not always come off in fact often the opposite. We have also lost games to teams that none of us think we should be losing too such as Barnsley and Wigan. I am however, content that he seems to be learning and getting to know what he thinks is his best team. Unfortunately for many on here that team includes Edwards and Batth but as long as they continue to perform at satisfactory or higher then I have no issues with that. I have iisuees with consistency and that is something Zenga needs to impress on his squad. So far he has made an awful lot of "right noises" so I am not concerned that he doesnt know what he is doing. The target was always 35 points from the first half season for me and build on that in the Jan window. You really will have evidenced your needs by then. Despite the topsy turvy results we are only 4 or 5 points off where most people expected us to be from the teams we have played. Several of those teams have had significantly better starts than anticipated ie Burton, Huddersfield and Barnsley. Lets take stock in October and bank a few more points. 10-6-7 will do me for the first half season and that means a 6-3-3 record for the next 2 and a bit months- that is really doable. Not going to panic yet

Honestly can't believe some of what I'm reading here. A week ago I left Molineux absolutely bouncing after a convincing win over a quality Brentford side, go and read the verdict thread after that game. We were all skipping around like new born lambs, now I'm reading that we should only give Zenga until Xmas? Have a $#@!ing word.

If we're talking about giving him a set amount of time how about Xmas 2017 when he's had 2 more windows of Fosun money to sort out Kenny's $#@!e and a full pre season to properly bed in.
Hit the fucking nail on the fucking head.

have to agree with this, but hopefully Im wrong because I like Zengas character

Back