• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1-2 Norwich: The Verdict

I said nothing about players not knowing their jobs. If a player doesn't know what to do, that's a massive failure by the coaches. That does not, however, mean we play the same way every week.

Picking up on Johnny's point, my concerns are mainly two fold. One I blame him for the other already existed which he has failed to address. The first is the way we start the game and the lack of an obvious game plan, we don't go at teams from the kick off, we don't particularly press, we have the lowest tackles of any side in the Championship and although we can and do counter it's more a reaction to a situation than a discernible strategy. I'm sure there will be a site somewhere which has a half time table and I reckon we'd be towards the bottom. The exception to this would appear to be Newcastle although I didn't see the game myself.

My second which he inherited, but hasn't fixed is the way we wobble under pressure and the way we manage the game when we are. Burton, Brentford, Barnsley, Norwich all at home. One when we didnt close it out and invited them on to us and scored, one where after the pulled a goal back we were all over the place the only surprise was the injury time goal was ours, one where we collapsed and finally one where we should have been 3 down at half time.

The second half gameplan if not winning does seem to exist which is 'have a go', but invariably is out of necessity. I don't know why we don't start games, particularly at home or against sides like Wigan who are low on confidence like this.

To be clear I do not want Zenga sacked, the Board appointed him and he should be given a good period to prove himself, he's had a lot of new players to bed in and didn't have a pre season with them so deserves time. I do think though it's more likely to end negatively than positively. I have a nagging doubt he's a bit of a chancer and that's why he has had some many jobs. Look at those comments about being big in Italy and watching the second half of last seasons Championship on tv. It was funny and endearing, we all liked him for it, but it's bullshit..put a curly wig on his head and a Welsh accent and what have you got....I really hope I'm wrong.

Picking up on Johnny's point, my concerns are mainly two fold. One I blame him for the other already existed which he has failed to address. The first is the way we start the game and the lack of an obvious game plan, we don't go at teams from the kick off, we don't particularly press, we have the lowest tackles of any side in the Championship and although we can and do counter it's more a reaction to a situation than a discernible strategy. I'm sure there will be a site somewhere which has a half time table and I reckon we'd be towards the bottom. The exception to this would appear to be Newcastle although I didn't see the game myself.

My second which he inherited, but hasn't fixed is the way we wobble under pressure and the way we manage the game when we are. Burton, Brentford, Barnsley, Norwich all at home. One when we didnt close it out and invited them on to us and scored, one where after the pulled a goal back we were all over the place the only surprise was the injury time goal was ours, one where we collapsed and finally one where we should have been 3 down at half time.

The second half gameplan if not winning does seem to exist which is 'have a go', but invariably is out of necessity. I don't know why we don't start games, particularly at home or against sides like Wigan who are low on confidence like this.

To be clear I do not want Zenga sacked, the Board appointed him and he should be given a good period to prove himself, he's had a lot of new players to bed in and didn't have a pre season with them so deserves time. I do think though it's more likely to end negatively than positively. I have a nagging doubt he's a bit of a chancer and that's why he has had some many jobs. Look at those comments about being big in Italy and watching the second half of last seasons Championship on tv. It was funny and endearing, we all liked him for it, but it's bull$#@!..put a curly wig on his head and a Welsh accent and what have you got....I really hope I'm wrong.

I hope you are too but passion alone won't get us promoted. It will be an interesting 3 months now the honeymoon is over.

Spot on summary TT. No excuse for starting games the way we have been.

Pretty fair for me, hasn't been good enough ..we will see if it improves, otherwise he will get the sack

Back