• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1-1 Sheff Utd Verdict

We all do mate. The online persona and reality are very different, honestly!

The linseman on the Steve Bull side for chump of the match, when Jonny is having a go at you, a man who seems to be serenely calm all the time, you know you've fucked up, he couldn't even get the basics right of whose throw it was or if the ball had gone out, a total shambles and hopefully we never get Coote or his team ever again.

That he couldn't see two obvious balls out under his nose and then miraculously see the ball out for a SU goalkick on the far side in the second half says rather than incompetent he was flat out bent.

Decent game despite us being a bit awol in the first half & starting to look a little bit tired at times.

Kilman did well - kept it simple & did his job to an acceptable standard (& at a level that would show that Vallejo is no longer needed)

Jota is trying to hard - needs to relax & the goals will come back.

Traore did well, but needs to stop the unnecessary stepovers - one keystone kops moment when (faced with 3 SU defenders) he did 3 rather than just pass to Doherty who was free outside him to the point that when he did pass Doherty had got fed up, run infield so missed the pass which went out for a throw in.

Ref was completely incompetant - needed to stop being conned by SU when if they were touched they just fell down. At least one of their defence should have gone & McGoldrick was allowed to do 2 blatent handballs without censure of any kind.

Good to meet those there again + Tredman for the first time

He did wear his wife's top on Saturday though, which is a step in the right direction.

He's never been brave enough to turn up in the RL wearing that anyway :icon_biggrin:
We've been through this. I can't wear it to a game, as if we win everyone will want it to be worn every game for the good luck it brings...
He did wear his wife's top on Saturday though, which is a step in the right direction.
Don't like being cold man. It's a cool top. You loved it nearly as much as you love me...

We started badly yesterday, and it took us a loooooong time to recover from it.

Sheff Utd were good value for their point, and for their current league position imo. I don't have them down as a dirty team, and was surprised by how many bookings they picked up (and it should've been a few more).

Patricio showed his class yesterday. He was massively dependable. He was the one player properly on it from the ko. My MOTM. He's going to dislodge Murray as best keeper I've had the fortune to see this season.

Donck had a very poor first half. Unsure if it is tiredness or what, but he wasn't quite on it. Better 2nd half, though he only achieved a 6/10 in that for me. Coady was steady, and his passing was pretty good. Kilman showed he is capable of being back up for Boly or Saiss. He should play v Besiktas, and in the FA Cup games to continue his development. Did himself no harm at all. Liked that he did try, and look to pass forward. He was relatively conservative (his first PL start), and did frequently pick the safe pass, but got more confident through the game.

Sheff Utd did a midfield number on us, in that they won a fucking lot in the midfield. However, it shows the quality of Neves/Moutinho in that we weren't completely over-run in the often 3v2 there.

Jonny and Doherty were pretty good (goal aside). I am still a bit confused as to how Doherty ended up on the left for the header....

Jota, and to an extent Raul tried really hard with most things not quite coming off for them. Jota couldn't really have complained if he'd been pulled at half time, but again he was better 2nd half.

Traore is exciting, but sometimes either over-complicates things (ie beats his man then cuts back in to beat him again) or, eh stops, allowing the opposition to get back in place. Too often (for me) he slowed the game down, but this hurt our attacking intent.

We'd have won if there had been another 5-10 mins, as we were the only attacking team from 80 mins onwards really. That said, draw was absolutely a fair result.

Didn't realise til after when trips pointed it out that there were no subs made. Surprising given the context (game thurs, sun, weds...) however given we were relentlessly attacking, I can see why Nuno wouldn't want to break the momentum.

Nice to also meet tredman pre match (it's you're own fault choosing to drink rocket fuel before noon! :) ), and also I had a brief meeting with a gentleman who goes by the name of Lupo on here.

Edit - moment of the weekend (linked to sniffers/Johnnys exchange above) was observing tredman realise the Johnny in the pub was the same Johnny as online. The cognitive dissonance was awesome! Nearly as shocking as Johnny showing everyone his autographed/personalised copy of Das Kapital with post it notes inserted into specific pages of particular interest...

Good to meet you too LJ, and as fully expected Johnny was a true gentleman :)

Not much to add on the game from what's been said, we definitely didn't deserve to lose and looked the only team likely to score in the final 20 minutes, that said we probably didn't work Henderson enough and I can't complain too much about the result. Uncharacteristically slack display from Donck, I expect better from him as he has been a real Rolls Royce since he moved into the back three. No idea when the last time we didn't make a sub was!

One gripe - that's now two home games in a row where I've missed a goal due to dickheads arriving late/leaving early. Must have gone on for the whole opening 10 minutes yesterday. It starts at 2pm. Not like it's 9am, there are no excuses, fucking get there on time you selfish bastards and stop ruining it for other people, I haven't spent hundreds of pounds to have you walking past me while the game is going on. If you're not interested in the game then don't buy a ticket.

Lovely to meet Tredman, welcome any time.

One gripe - that's now two home games in a row where I've missed a goal due to dickheads arriving late/leaving early. Must have gone on for the whole opening 10 minutes yesterday. It starts at 2pm. Not like it's 9am, there are no excuses, fucking get there on time you selfish bastards and stop ruining it for other people, I haven't spent hundreds of pounds to have you walking past me while the game is going on. If you're not interested in the game then don't buy a ticket.

The same as leaving 5 mins before the end - especially when they stop on the steps down as I'm just above one of the exits down onto the concourse.

Not alone in that though as the level at cursing loudly to them from a bunch of the older fans around wouldn't be allowed in 'polite society'.

Not much to add on the game from what's been said, we definitely didn't deserve to lose and looked the only team likely to score in the final 20 minutes, that said we probably didn't work Henderson enough and I can't complain too much about the result. Uncharacteristically slack display from Donck, I expect better from him as he has been a real Rolls Royce since he moved into the back three. No idea when the last time we didn't make a sub was!

The 4 seats behind you weren't taken until 15 minutes in. It's bizarre.

The 4 seats behind you weren't taken until 15 minutes in. It's bizarre.

Some prat and his mate on the row in front were late turning up, disappeared part way through the first half, back downstairs at HT then disappeared at around 55 minutes, never to return.

It's disrespectful, if it were the theatre you'd have your ticket ripped up and told to be on your way. You're making loads of people get up and down and blocking the view all the bloody time.

They should have the same system as tennis where the stewards don't allow you up the stairs unless the ball's dead and nothing is happening. Your fault for not being where you're supposed to be.

The same as leaving 5 mins before the end - especially when they stop on the steps down as I'm just above one of the exits down onto the concourse.

Not alone in that though as the level at cursing loudly to them from a bunch of the older fans around wouldn't be allowed in 'polite society'.

Aye, Villa's goal I missed because the wanker who sits a few seats to the left decided to leave on 92 minutes. I hope he made the most of his extra 90 seconds while leaving the ground.

There’s a couple of seats near me where people do the same. Questioned one guy once, who spent the whole game messing with his phone, and it turned out they were staff seats which people took depending on where they were working that day.

Who was I talking to in the Hogs after the match? Was that you tredman?

Yup, fucks me off too. There's a guy along our row always turns up just after we've sat down for kick off. Never says thankyou either.

Some turn up just after kick off, go downstairs before half time, come back after half time, leave before the end... fucking nuisances.

I also get mystified as to why tourist fans can't work out simple seat numbers. The other week a bloke came along the row, checked out the empty seats next to me - 162 and 163 - then asked me where 167 was!

I tend to leave early as it makes a MASSIVE difference to how quickly I get home.

Back