• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1 - 0 Millwall: A Nervous Cruise

He pissed me off, the crossing should have made a difference today as he had so many opportunities but he fucked them all up. .

Nope.

Took Coadys amazing ball out of the air and put it right on Leo's foot which the keeper then saved well for starters

Nope.

Took Coadys amazing ball out of the air and put it right on Leo's foot which the keeper then saved well for starters

I can ignore what I want to.

Marshall just has a very heavy body type, I think. If you look at him at the end of last season, he physically looks like an athlete. Then almost as soon as he gets injured, he gains a ton of weight in his face and abdomen. It's no wonder he takes so long to get up to speed.

Marshall didn't look out of shape just awkward and slow as fuck.

He looked fat and unfit in the pre-match chat thing on the video wall.

I didn't see that, we got to our seats literally three minutes before kick off.

He'll be like Neil Shipperly when he retires, if you haven't seen a recent photo of him then give it a google, it's borderline unbelievable.

I think Baath needs more credit than he's getting, I think he showed there is still a use for him

Doherty was ok. He just put two crosses in the stands. He was hampered by Marshall making no effort to beat his man and just playing as a second WB. So all the ball just kept on going back inside to Neves.

And the cut back for Leo was great and a solid hit from him. Shame the keeper was actually decent for them.

I didn't see that, we got to our seats literally three minutes before kick off.

Watch the vid the club just put on youtube with him and Coady, my first thought was "holy shit, his cheeks are massive".

Doherty was decent, crossing apart and was ignored too often particularly in the first half. Marshall was awful, I don't really understand Nuno's no first team in the U23's policy. I don't think Bright and I are ever going to get on, where some see talent, I see show pony.

Doherty was decent, crossing apart and was ignored too often particularly in the first half. Marshall was awful, I don't really understand Nuno's no first team in the U23's policy. I don't think Bright and I are ever going to get on, where some see talent, I see show pony.

Brights 19, if there's no end product at 22/23 fair enough

Brights 19, if there's no end product at 22/23 fair enough
Then, pick him in 3 years. Just doesn't do it for me. The fancy flicks, the taking the piss it just wasn't necessary, put the game to bed first.

Bright has had good games this season but he's far from the finished article. The finished article would be playing for a better side IMO. I wanted him to go on loan at the start of the season but I think as an impact sub he's ideal, his dribbling skills are world class but his decision making and final ball needs work.

I think with Costas imminent return he has to stake a claim fast or he may end up dropping off the bench, I hope he stakes a claim personally the ability is there.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Bright has had good games this season but he's far from the finished article. The finished article would be playing for a better side IMO. I wanted him to go on loan at the start of the season but I think as an impact sub he's ideal, his dribbling skills are world class but his decision making and final ball needs work.

I think with Costas imminent return he has to stake a claim fast or he may end up dropping off the bench, I hope he stakes a claim personally the ability is there.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Totally agreed Siggy. He's clearly got ability and deserves to be around the first team. He just needs experience and when things aren't coming off for him he may struggle to get game time.

As for Marshall, he ran like his boots were made out of concrete. Head and shoulders below anyone else on the pitch, he clearly isn't anywhere near fit enough yet. I also doubt he has the pace or fitness to play wing back.

This is a bit nitpicky though, Wolves were in complete control today. Jota and Saiss were brilliant, personally I'd give Saiss MOTM but it's a really close call, especially as Jota is not only brilliant but doesn't allow himself to be kicked about without giving a bit back!

One other minor thing is that our corners are awful. Most don't beat the first man. Needs some work

Bright has ability in the fact that he has decent touch and can dribble. Shame it's mostly into trouble.

He stands there with the ball at his feet doing little flicks and drag backs when what he should be doing is just popping it off to someone else and keep the ball moving. Also getting in people's way, slowing it down rather than just pulling the trigger, if you're not going to shoot yourself then just give it one more out wide to Doherty rather than just dallying until the chance he gone. Football is 90% in the head. 10% in the feet does not make you a good player.

Couple of games a go he was keeping things simple and looked like he had improved. Seemed back to square one again today.

Shame I missed this one but a solid win by all accounts. Onwards and upwards to the top of the league we go.

When you are arguing about who played the worst rather than whether we had an actual MoM
then you know it was a dominant performance. (MoM was Jota - some of the stuff he did was ridiculous)

Only 1 - 0 and we needed Ruddy at the death. Still not seen them lose live or concede a goal!

Back