• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1 - 0 Millwall: A Nervous Cruise

At 1-0 you always give them a chance. They could have very easily scored at the end. If that was Ikeme/Lonergan i think they score

Putting Ikeme in the same breath as Lonergan is just a tad dramatic.

I watch this football with a smile on my face. Some of the play and passing is sublime and we are barely breaking a sweat.

After years of shit this is a delight.

Jota's goal was excellent and there should have been more. Waa a teeny bit nervous at the end but a fantastic save from Ruddy helped to keep the points.

Marshall played well considering his lack of action and I like Vinaigre too. Jota superb. I liked the look of N'Diaye when he came on. Sprinted into the box begging for the ball but the frustrating Bright kept hold of the ball too long and chose the wrong option. Again.

Another 3 points on the board with couple of others going our way and woe for Villa, Blues and Albion, happy days!

Ok. That deflects off a body and goes in the opposite corner which no one can save. I will take ZERO chance over 1/100

It didn't though

We have conceded 0.66 goals per game so far. The defence is good.

Bright seriously annoyed me today, I get that we may have been suffocating Millwall out of the game but he really needed to play in a far sharper manner than he did today. At times it was like watching a seriously talented schoolboy whos just going "you've annoyed me so I'm going to play in an equally annoying manner" with his refusal to take the quicker pass/pass instead of shoot/shoot instead of pass etc.

Bright was fine when he came on. Created a couple of really good opportunities for us to score too.

Easy win. Saiss MOTM in my opinion!

It didn't though

We have conceded 0.66 goals per game so far. The defence is good.

I don't get where you're going with this. You must be doing it deliberately.

The best defence in the world can still concede a fluke. If you are only winning 1-0 you lose points.

Yes our defence is good. But we only need that to cost us once this season and those dropped 2 points might make all the difference.

To suggest otherwise is arrogant or stupid.

Bright frustrated me as well. He looks to overcomplicate things and gave Millwall a half chance by not playing a simple ball. Once that was done he improved though. Just not sure how much patience the fans will have if he continues to frustrate?

Bright seriously annoyed me today, I get that we may have been suffocating Millwall out of the game but he really needed to play in a far sharper manner than he did today. At times it was like watching a seriously talented schoolboy whos just going "you've annoyed me so I'm going to play in an equally annoying manner" with his refusal to take the quicker pass/pass instead of shoot/shoot instead of pass etc.

Agree with this. So infuriating. We might have been able to get the second if it wasn't him coming on. Cav has obviously done something to upset Nuno.

Agree with this. So infuriating. We might have been able to get the second if it wasn't him coming on. Cav has obviously done something to upset Nuno.

Or maybe Cav is a calm guy and isn't too bothered by letting Bright come on first, whereas Bright is still an impressionable kid and wants to play as much as possible and might get the wrong idea if he doesn't.

I think this is all pretty elaborate man-management from Nuno but equally I don't think it will last much longer if Bright continues to make poor decisions.

I really, really want Bright to do well and it's clear from Dan's reports that the kid has nothing left to gain from U23 level but equally we can't wait on him forever.

I don't get where you're going with this. You must be doing it deliberately.

The best defence in the world can still concede a fluke. If you are only winning 1-0 you lose points.

Yes our defence is good. But we only need that to cost us once this season and those dropped 2 points might make all the difference.

To suggest otherwise is arrogant or stupid.

You did watch Arsenal under George Graham didn't you?

Echo comments on Saiss definitely playing for his place one of his better games.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

We could easily have scored 2 or 3 more. Don't get all this pant wetting about not scoring enough, we still have our (and probably the division's) best attacking player to come back.

He played half an hour. He created two chances by my count. He gave the ball away once in a stupid area when he overplayed. Don't get the hate personally.

He played half an hour. He created two chances by my count. He gave the ball away once in a stupid area when he overplayed. Don't get the hate personally.

People need a scapegoat and Doherty has gotten stale. :icon_wink:

Thought Bright did fine.

Not everything came off but he created a couple of opportunities. Think its hyper critical to pick up on things
He's already miles ahead of the player last season when he reaches Christmas he'll be even better if he keeps starting and getting regular game time.

He's close to unlocking his potential and patience in him isnt a punt to my mind.

Jota was head and shoulders above everyone else on the pitch. What a player this lad is. He's strong, he's got a quality attitude, his first touch is outstanding, his vision is great, he's got pace and he's got one hell of a shot on him.

When he was targeted by Millwall (the disgraceful challenge on him warranted a red every day of the week from where I was sitting) he went in with a strong challenge soon afterwards in a 'fuck you' sort of way. I love the guy.

I can't wait to see him and Costa in the same side.

Back