• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 0 Chelsea 2 Proud of the lads verdict

Hoddle nearly admitted then he used to manage us!

I wish we could be looking forward to a replay. I think our performance probably deserved it. But it wasn't to be. So proud of the effort put in by our players. Antonio Conte had to bring Kante on to shore it up and be sure, there is no more respect that he could pay to our performance.

Very proud. Sad to be out, but those players need to want to play the Diego Costas every week, and so do the owners. Put this season to bed, get safe. Push for promotion next year. Make it happen Fosun

Thanks Pad. I was feeling depressed but after reading that I feel more positive now. Will you be my life coach ?

Hause MOM for me, our Costa has such a high lower level standard, never a bad game..

I don't really understand this. They scored two goals. We scored zero. Sure, we played well, but the scoreline says it all.

We matched the, all the way, and only a lack of concentration allowed them to score. Chelsea are an excellent team, but on the day we did enough to deserve a replay.

We matched the, all the way, and only a lack of concentration allowed them to score. Chelsea are an excellent team, but on the day we did enough to deserve a replay.

Except for the lack of concentration...

Anyway it's not a huge deal, just a rhetoric I see used a lot here and in the media that I just really think is... I dunno. Inaccurate?

You just have to step back and look at the overall picture. We beat 2 PL sides away, including the mighty Liverpool and more than held our own for most of the match against the runaway league leaders, Chelsea.
After many years of not being up for it in the cup, we really should be proud of our great football club.

As I've said offered me that performance and result before the game I'd have took it, but after the first half I'm a bit gutted only if Saville had scored who knows.
But Chelsea showed some class after the hour and in reality dominated the game from there.
But so many positives especially Hause showed the world how good he can be a really top notch performance.

Except for the lack of concentration...

Anyway it's not a huge deal, just a rhetoric I see used a lot here and in the media that I just really think is... I dunno. Inaccurate?

Alan I think you need to step back and think about this. Whatever we want to be, whatever our potential we are at the moment a little league side, with a chance to get back to the big time one day. That is what relegation is. Would you expect a little league side to beat the Patriots, the Cubs, the Cavaliers? Of course you wouldn't. We just gave the English football equivalent one hell of a game. Sure, we lost, but there is so so much to be proud of.

In football the scoreline doesn't always say it all though ?

Doesn't it? Short of a wrongly disallowed (or allowed) goal, that's the best bit about football. Every goal is down either to great play by the scorers or poor play by the defenders. You earn everything you get.

Alan I think you need to step back and think about this. Whatever we want to be, whatever our potential we are at the moment a little league side, with a chance to get back to the big time one day. That is what relegation is. Would you expect a little league side to beat the Patriots, the Cubs, the Cavaliers? Of course you wouldn't. We just gave the English football equivalent one hell of a game. Sure, we lost, but there is so so much to be proud of.

Hey, I'm not trying to take anything away from our performance. We played exceptionally well barring one or two players and should absolutely be proud of ourselves.

It's just this notion that we deserved more than we got that hangs me up.

Not important overall, not trying to start a fire where there is none.

I thought we were really good. But they were REALLY REALLY REALLY GOOD.

Well done Chelsea. We gave them a proper game. See you next time Chelsea dudes, lets hope it isn't too long.
Chelsea didn't play with any intensity that they would need in the Prem. We played well but Chelsea if they wanted could have upped it too another level. I'm happy how we played because that would be good enough to win games in the Championship.

What you can't excuse is that we didn't show anything like that intensity against Burton or Wigan and if we had we'd probably have won both games and be all but safe now.

But that's gone, play like that and we'll be ok - although who's going to score the goals is an obvious concern.

I think you are being a little harsh there Jase. We gave them a proper game. Look at their line-up as well. Costa, Hazard. They gave us respect by taking us seriously.

But that's gone, play like that and we'll be ok - although who's going to score the goals is an obvious concern.
Bod on his own and it may take a while. Play someone up there with him and we might have half a chance.

What you can't excuse is that we didn't show anything like that intensity against Burton or Wigan and if we had we'd probably have won both games and be all but safe now.

Impossible to disagree. Down to the players now. Make it happen.

We did really well, literally replace Bod with someone who has half his guts and double his intent to score and I don't think it'd be 2-0 at all. Showed again that we can face up to things, wish we could in the league!

If I had a semi-realistic magic lamp for summer:

Ikeme - Keep but upgrade
Doherty - Keep, I swear he could play midfield well, but swap if LB+under PL
Batth - Keep as 4th+ backup, or swap (I don't care if he's from Withymoor, or captain! We can do better now and for not much ££)
Hause - Keep
Coady - Swap
Saville - Keep, controversial?
Edwards - Swap
Price - Keep
Costa - We pray
Weimann - Keep
Bod - Keep, if he keeps heart and as the perfect late irritating sub

Saiss - Keep
Wilson - Can't comment
Ronan - Keep

Back