• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Winter Improvement Thread (aka Winter Squad Weakening Thread and TWF Suicide Watch)

"Bolton will not renew Shola Ameobi's short-term deal because the club cannot afford to offer him a new deal."

Come on down Shola......

I would just prepare to see out the season playing like we did over Christmas. Will secure a mid table finish and then we can look forward to the wasteland of the 2016/17 season which will make this one look a successful and entertaining one. Unless we get a new owner of course
I would rather remove my eyes than watch that playing style again.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

I think we have enough "young and hungry" defenders - Hause is still to come back from injury after all. What the backline really needs is some experience and someone who can marshall them as it seems our goalkeeper is incapable of this too.

Hear, hear. An experienced leader at CH would make all the young and hungry players we already have become better players. Playing more games will help them develop but the development will be both quicker and more successful alongside the right leader.

Tim Spiers ‏@tim_spiers_Star 1m1 minute ago
Key word in earlier tweet about Boilesen was 'due'. Representatives of his were at Wolves today. Deal agreed. Ball in player's court.

Key word in earlier tweet about Boilesen was 'due'. Representatives of his were at Wolves today. Deal agreed. Ball in player's court.

Crossing everything

Really good signing if true..oh, just remembered i was extatic over roger johnson back in the days too...

After catching a Soccer AM Know the Drill challenge with ALF v Jimmy Bullard, we need a new striker. Woeful finishing from ALF

Timbo II getting narky

Tim Spiers ‏@tim_spiers_Star 6m6 minutes ago
Amazing how people fail to grasp the many mechanics of a football transfer. If only it was as simple as 'signing or not signing'.

Looks like QPR may have Conor Washington by the time we play them...

Essentially it is.

A player either signs or he doesn't.

Of course there could be any one of a myriad of reasons why one outcome or the other is achieved, but when you cut out all the extraneous stuff, it boils down exactly to "signing or not signing".

Why particularly?

Is there some ace stat that shows this is more likely to happen? Are we well-known for letting in debut goals for lower league strikers jumping up a division?

Boilesen (or his agent) is obviously hoping for a better offer, this may drag on. Hopefully Williamson will be here for Saturday. God we need a striker though. And Ikeme hasn't looked the same this season.
With the current regime I can't see the issues being resolved in this window.

Why particularly?

Is there some ace stat that shows this is more likely to happen? Are we well-known for letting in debut goals for lower league strikers jumping up a division?

No but as I have been touting his virtues and hoping we would sign him for half a season you just know if he signs he scores. Potentially the best natural fi usher I have seen since lineker. Watch this space he could be vardy 2.

Boilesen (or his agent) is obviously hoping for a better offer, this may drag on. Hopefully Williamson will be here for Saturday. God we need a striker though. And Ikeme hasn't looked the same this season.

Yep you'll fit in here

Looks that way doesn't it? Williamson and Boilesen would go a long way to sorting out the shambles at the back but with no fit first choice striker and now Graham injured there's just too much immediate surgery required to turn it right round this month. If we stop leaking goals maybe we can regroup in May and add the forward players we need.

Why particularly?

And don't be sarcy. I know what you're insinuating. Haven't got too much wrong with my home form prediction's this season have I Pad? I said we would do well to win 10 home games this season and we are already struggling to meet that low expectation. Position of sanctimonious twat is also mine having predicted correctly that Afobe would be gone in Jan back in the summer. Highlighted our need for a new centre half pre season and was also shot down. I could go on. I agree there are times when my theories have not always held up but I have held my hands up. Called this clusterfuck a treat mate

Back