• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Winter Improvement Thread (aka Winter Squad Weakening Thread and TWF Suicide Watch)

I get the feeling we won't look to replace Graham, Kenny will state he's happy with the group. We'll plod on with Henry and however shite heis Byrne won't get a look in.

The Boilesen deal screams agent trying to drum up interest to me. We probably are interested, but I bet he doesn't come to us.

The Boilesen deal screams agent trying to drum up interest to me. We probably are interested, but I bet he doesn't come to us.

Spot on. The same with every striker that is linked with us too. Wolves have money and need players = make up interest to (a) get a better deal at an existing club or (b) drum up interest elsewhere.

With the news of Graham perhaps will we enter a wingless wonders phase. Finally we may see ALF up front as part of a two. As far as I am concerned defensive recruitment is a massive priority and Mr Price needs to return (again).

You'd think it would add urgency to the striker search to be honest. Surely now Zyro will play on the left?

You'd think it would add urgency to the striker search to be honest. Surely now Zyro will play on the left?

It'll just mean that Henry will start and Byrne/Enobakhare might get a few more seconds off the bench.

Fair point. We're not exactly lacking in depth on the wings, I suppose...

We need one but I'd rather get a central defender in asap and utilise Bright from the bench. We're virtually safe, the season will fade out so lets see some of the youth team getting minutes in the first team. Not that bothered about Williamson but a young and hungry with the potential to play in the PL. First and foremost they need to be able to do a job now and they wont be cheap.

We need one but I'd rather get a central defender in asap and utilise Bright from the bench. We're virtually safe, the season will fade out so lets see some of the youth team getting minutes in the first team. Not that bothered about Williamson but a young and hungry with the potential to play in the PL. First and foremost they need to be able to do a job now and they wont be cheap.

I think we have enough "young and hungry" defenders - Hause is still to come back from injury after all. What the backline really needs is some experience and someone who can marshall them as it seems our goalkeeper is incapable of this too.

It's a mark of how bad the squad looks overall at the moment that despite us obviously needing a centre half, I'd have it at best third on the list of priorities behind a striker and a left back. And if the club know Martinez is unlikely to or flat out not staying beyond the end of his loan, keeper probably nudges into third spot.

Let's just hope that the JG injury means Nathan Byrne will be given a proper chance. And let's have Jed Wallace recalled as well. Surely not even Jackett can now believe that Horrid Henry and Dangerous are the future of the club?

And let's have Jed Wallace recalled as well.

We can't

He has gone on a 28 day loan. When a players goes on a 28 - 93 day loan deal, you can only recall them after 28 days. I would be very surprised if Wallace has his loan deal extended.

Let's just hope that the JG injury means Nathan Byrne will be given a proper chance. And let's have Jed Wallace recalled as well. Surely not even Jackett can now believe that Horrid Henry and Dangerous are the future of the club?

All you have been seeing is a manager with his back to the wall going down the route of using players he trusts.

It's a mark of how bad the squad looks overall at the moment that despite us obviously needing a centre half, I'd have it at best third on the list of priorities behind a striker and a left back. And if the club know Martinez is unlikely to or flat out not staying beyond the end of his loan, keeper probably nudges into third spot.

I can't find it right now but I remember an interview with Ken from the summer where he says something along the lines of, "We wont be making too many signings, if you find yourself in a position where you need more than 3/4 signings in the summer transfer window it's a sign that something has gone badly wrong in the previous season".

Here we are more than half way through the January transfer window and we need to make 4 signings at the very least, all in key areas.

I would just prepare to see out the season playing like we did over Christmas. Will secure a mid table finish and then we can look forward to the wasteland of the 2016/17 season which will make this one look a successful and entertaining one. Unless we get a new owner of course

Back