• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Winter Improvement Thread (aka Winter Squad Weakening Thread and TWF Suicide Watch)

To be fair Albion have form in this department!

Very true!

According to someone from the Mail the deal to bring the Ajax defender Boilesen appears to have some legs now. 300k too which would sound about right for us.

Lets hope there is substance to the Boilesen rumours though I understand he has played no football this season. If so could be a while before he is of use to us

I know he's not played and is out of contract at the end of the season but how mental has football become that a mid table Championship side can sign the (former) Ajax club captain for 300k?

No idea how legit this source is, but:

@AjaxMedium 2h2 hours ago
BREAKING: Ajax en 'The Wolves' akkoord over #Boilesen. Medische keuring is vandaag.

Translated:

Breaking: Ajax and ' The Wolves ' agreement on #Boilesen. Medical examination is today.

@bart_sanders 2 hours ago
Het was toch niet zo Brekend after all. Account dat het meldde was niet het officiele. Boilesen- Wolves is nog steeds onzeker.

Translates to:
It was still not as Breaking after all. Account that the reported was not the official. Boilesen-Wolves is still uncertain.

Plenty of people on Twitter reporting it as a done deal with medical going on now. Could all be from the same source, I suppose. Now if the captains of Real Madrid, PSG, Bayern, Barca and Juve could just follow suit...

A few articles on Boilesen and his situation at Ajax in Danish papers today, but Wolves and other interesteds clubs aren't mentioned

Tim MkI wants to get in on the action

Tim Nash @TimNash_star
#Wolves target Nicolai Boilesen is due at Compton today for a medical today after a fee of around £300,000 was agreed.

The Shrewsbury media correspondent is saying that Nicolai Boilesen is due in for a medical toady.

I assume Wallace will be brought back into the fold now.

If we can get a couple of new faces in before the end of this window, use the rest of the season to bed them in and then hopefully with Dicko back leading the line next season we can go again.

This season is a complete write off. Horrible.

I assume Wallace will be brought back into the fold now.

If we can get a couple of new faces in before the end of this window, use the rest of the season to bed them in and then hopefully with Dicko back leading the line next season we can go again.

This season is a complete write off. Horrible.

Yeah, it's been shocking. Agree with your assessment. May can't come soon enough for me.

I hope Boilesen is over his hamstring injuries. He hasn't played much football in the last 2 years and although it's an exciting signing (if true), a lot of people may be getting swayed about where he is signing from, rather than knowing a lot about the player himself.

Kenny does have some strange obsession with getting a big lad up top considering he never seems to have any idea how to make use of them.

He does......HOOF!!!

He never sets his teams up to make that work though does he?

He's just got shit defenders who can't play football to any sort of reasonable extent so you get hoofball by default, then the whole team is woefully deep so there's no support to the forward player who struggles to get more than 5 yards into their half and low and behold the ball comes back just as quickly as it was hoofed away.

I'm becoming more and more angry with Wolves recruitment.

Sako leaving was a known; partially resolved by Graham stepping up until injury (I'm not saying Zyro won't perform and cover this off - just that we have been told he is a right winger)
Afobe leaving: judging by Wolves statement, was a known: Unresolved
Centre back: known for a number of monts: unresolved
Left back: Goldbourne has been out of favour for a while therefore new recruitment has bene required: unresolved

On top of this, clubs now know Wolves have some mooney from the Afobe deal and therefore we will have to pay a premium for our targets.

Back