• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Winter Improvement Thread (aka Winter Squad Weakening Thread and TWF Suicide Watch)

Looks like QPR may have Conor Washington by the time we play them...

I dread to think what they paid for him. They turned down £3M from Reading earlier in the season and it was rumoured that they were asking for £5M. All for a striker who's had 1 good season at League 1 level and who Posh fans think isn't all that great anyway.

That's a club who know how to get the best price for their highly rated young centre forwards though. They wouldn't think of throwing away a 22 year old Arsenal graduate with an incredible scoring record and massive potential to the first bidder. £8-9M my arse.

I dread to think what they paid for him. They turned down £3M from Reading earlier in the season and it was rumoured that they were asking for £5M. All for a striker who's had 1 good season at League 1 level and who Posh fans think isn't all that great anyway.

That's a club who know how to get the best price for their highly rated young centre forwards though. They wouldn't think of throwing away a 22 year old Arsenal graduate with an incredible scoring record and massive potential to the first bidder. £8-9M my arse.
You can't knock them. McLean, Washington, mackiel smith, Dwight Gayle, that's 25 million in profits for that lot approx. Incredible

And don't be sarcy. I know what you're insinuating. Haven't got too much wrong with my home form prediction's this season have I Pad? I said we would do well to win 10 home games this season and we are already struggling to meet that low expectation. Position of sanctimonious twat is also mine having predicted correctly that Afobe would be gone in Jan back in the summer. Highlighted our need for a new centre half pre season and was also shot down. I could go on. I agree there are times when my theories have not always held up but I have held my hands up. Called this clusterfuck a treat mate

To be fair predicting wolves shortcomings is like the prediction of a poor English summer, or the prediction of ITV sport coverage being as profesional as a GCSE Media project.

I generally find it harder to find our potential success.

I know I got shot down, for saying something was wrong, that we didn't know about and we weren't showing any ambition during the summer transfer period. Just saying like. Hahaha

You can't knock them. McLean, Washington, mackiel smith, Dwight Gayle, that's 25 million in profits for that lot approx. Incredible

Hmmmm.

Well played Posh.

Hope they are enjoying league one. Went down with us, never came back. Made a boatload, probably for that arse of an owner they have.

No but as I have been touting his virtues and hoping we would sign him for half a season you just know if he signs he scores. Potentially the best natural fi usher I have seen since lineker. Watch this space he could be vardy 2.

Yep, he's clearly better than that amateur Aguero.

Are you on the crack pipe on a Monday?

We are not going to solve all the problems so please just get the defence sorted out. An organiser CH & a proper left back if Kenny is not going to use Golbourne.

I want to not have to spend roughly £100 to come up and watch a match (though admittedly most of that is travel costs & the very limited amount of 'refreshment' that is needed) only to see us either have to play a 9 man defence or concede a number of goals with very little in between those options.

At least if we can stay in games & keep things tighter then we stand a chance of getting something positive.

We are not going to make the top two whatever we bring in during the window & even if by a miracle we make the top 6 then the odds are against any team there getting the last Premier place so am resigned to another Championship season next year.

I have been resigned to that for some time. We aren't getting near the top flight this year. So I feel no concerns at all about ignoring the early bird, if it is even offered.*

*I don't think it will be. I have no proof, at all, just a hunch.

The moment Morgan took his ball back meant we were, at best, a Championship side for next season.

Since we got relegated from the PL, it seems we always have been short of a player or two. We have always had to play players out of position. It shouldn't be that difficult to field a team, with all the players playing in their true position, should it?

We have forever been "one or two players short" all over the joint in the eyes of many of our fans. No matter what our recruitment.

Yep, he's clearly better than that amateur Aguero.

Are you on the crack pipe on a Monday?

Have you ever seen him? I have. I watched him at St Ives.Look where I am located as a clue...... I have seen lots of him. He should do well. So please dont be rude.

Have you ever seen him? I have. I watched him at St Ives.Look where I am located as a clue...... I have seen lots of him. He should do well. So please dont be rude.

I don't care if you've seen him a 100 times he's never going to be better than Aguero, Suarez, Messi, Van Nistelrooy, Solskaer or Ronaldo (Brasil version), all are better than Lineker as a poacher.

I've seen Washington and he's basically Billy Sharp, a good finisher but lacks real mobility outside the box. Good player but not as good as Charlie Austin let alone any of the others on the top line.

Oloare the Watford striker we were linked with has just come on for them for the final few minutes against Swansea.

He's a big lad.

The Brazilian Ronaldo wasn't a poacher Johnny. He was a power player, who would use a burst of speed to get past defenders. Often beating the offside line, reading a through pass. Often these passes would be from either side of the halfway line and Ronaldo would beat the defender for pace. Lineker was a genuine poacher. I won't question the other strikers you have used, as I haven't had a good think about it, but Ronaldo was not a poacher.

Conor Washington is 23, by which point in his career Robbie Fowler had scored 92 Premier League goals. I somehow doubt he is a better natural finisher than him. He might be really talented for all I know but what a weird thing to say.

Back