• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Winter Improvement Thread (aka Winter Squad Weakening Thread and TWF Suicide Watch)

I think you need to re read my post THM. I said Ronaldo was a better poacher than Lineker, and he was, he was also one of the most complete forwards I've ever seen.

I think you need to re read my post THM. I said Ronaldo was a better poacher than Lineker, and he was, he was also one of the most complete forwards I've ever seen.

I did read it and stand by what I posted. I saw Ronaldo ( Brazillian) play 76 times, live. He was not a poacher, mate. He was someone who used speed and power to read cleverly placed through balls, often the pass to him would come from either side of the halfway line. Lineker was a genuine poacher and more one dimensional than the other forwards mentioned. Aguero and Suarez of course had more to their game than Lineker, but lineker to me was just a poacher. A good one too. My point being that Robaldo was not a poacher.

Would you like to re-iterate that Ronaldo was not a poacher? You know, just for clarity, because people might not be sure where you stand on that point.

I think I understand what you are saying now, Johnny. Ronaldo wasn't a poacher, but he was still better at poaching, than Lineker?

I think I understand what you are saying now, Johnny. Ronaldo wasn't a poacher, but he was still better at poaching, than Lineker?

Exactly. In his prime I think he's up there with the best ever as a complete forward.

I'm confused, was Ronaldo a poacher or not?

I know he could eat an apple through a letterbox, but I just wanted some clarity on his poaching

Exactly. In his prime I think he's up there with the best ever as a complete forward.

I would have to agree that Ronaldo was a more complete forward than Lineker, but It is hard to judge who was the best poacher. Ronaldo for me was at his best at Barca. So many forwards have gone to Barca, who in the following seasons would go on to be the best forwards in the world. Romario, Rivaldo, Samuel Etto( maybe not the best, but very good) and of course Messi when he has played in that position. Lineker never had the same level of players in the teams he played for. I think we could agree, that Lineker was a very good poacher?
I think the most natural forward I have ever seen was Romario. How he used to turn defenders at such close range, was a joy to see.

I'm confused, was Ronaldo a poacher or not?

I know he could eat an apple through a letterbox, but I just wanted some clarity on his poaching

Johnny says no, but he was better at poaching than Lineker. That might be confusing, but he might be right. It is about opinions.

I would have to agree that Ronaldo was a more complete forward than Lineker, but It is hard to judge who was the best poacher. Ronaldo for me was at his best at Barca. So many forwards have gone to Barca, who in the following seasons would go on to be the best forwards in the world. Romario, Rivaldo, Samuel Etto( maybe not the best, but very good) and of course Messi when he has played in that position. Lineker never had the same level of players in the teams he played for. I think we could agree, that Lineker was a very good poacher?
I think the most natural forward I have ever seen was Romario. How he used to turn defenders at such close range, was a joy to see.

Lineker played for Barca as well?

Lineker played for Barca as well?

Yes he did, but it was before the dream team. He had a good first season, but was played as a midfielder in his last year. I don't think he won the league with Barca? I stand to be corrected if he did.
Anyway, he was there before The Dream Team. Barca have been a different proposition since then.

Yes he did, but it was before the dream team. He had a good first season, but was played as a midfielder in his last year. I don't think he won the league with Barca? I stand to be corrected if he did.
Anyway, he was there before The Dream Team. Barca have been a different proposition since then.

Right Wing I believe! Madness.

Johnny75 nice to see you sharing the crack pipe pmsl! Karma

To be fair predicting wolves shortcomings is like the prediction of a poor English summer, or the prediction of ITV sport coverage being as profesional as a GCSE Media project.

I generally find it harder to find our potential success.

This year thats not true. In the close season having got so close to the play offs many were hopeful initially including me. The month of August saw all that dissipate and quickly. The autumn just rubbed the salt in.

regarding Washington he has a hell of a lot of potential. That potential is what Peterborough are asking serious money for - just like Vardy has gone on this year to better things. I never said he was Aguero. I said he was one of the best poachers/ natural finishers I had seen since Lineker. He would not cost anywhere near the money Aguero, or others did nor would they be going to a mid table championship side. I wouldnt right Bully off just because a lot of his goals were lower leagues. QPR clearly are willing to meet their valuation if this is true and if he signs and plays against us I would not be surprised if he scored. Who knows what will happen in his career but it would not surprise me if he did very well.

With regard to Morrison at right back, in hindsight I should have stuck with Nsue from Bora given their 9 clean sheets but hey ho.

Tim Spier saying he was due, but never turned up as he sent his representatives instead to discuss terms etc.

Personally, I think Tim is trying to cover his arse after taking the word of a fake agent account on Twitter.

or trusting in the Dutch article. The medical story was however big enough for the agent and player to reject it though.

E&S still believe a deal is close: http://www.expressandstar.com/sport...set-for-wolves-medical-ahead-of-300k-deal/and interest has been confirmed by Marc Overmars

I reckon we've agreed terms with both the player and Ajax but Boilesen is holding out for a better club. No way we get this deal done until the last days of the window.

Back