• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Winter Improvement Thread (aka Winter Squad Weakening Thread and TWF Suicide Watch)

I firmly believe the reason Golbourne is crap is he lost his blond streak and his Kid n Play hairstyle.

I know there are detractors of Doherty, but there is value there (to a manager and squad) in that he can change sides at fb. Not every fullback is successful playing both sides, I admit his ability is more passible/lower end of the league, but still it's probably something that KJ and the team consider.

His versatility means he probably merits a squad place to be honest. And I say that as a near Deutsch-esque critic.

See, I can't agree with this. As he is the worst right back in the league, and by some considerable margin as well. There is absolutely no way you would ever want to put him there by choice.

He is a bit more capable at left back for some reason, but still miles away from what you would want. At a time when we're up for sale, we're having to make the absolute most of whatever funds we have, there is no room at all for deadwood, or at least there shouldn't be. Given the choice, no-one would rather us not sign a left back this window and muddle through with him there for the rest of the season, and as I say he is a laughably bad, sub-League Two right back. I bet we could find someone a lot better at playing both full back positions (if that's what we really wanted from a squad player) for a pretty low cost.

Of course it doesn't matter what I think as we have him signed up to 2019. What a great move that was. Guaranteed he'll be here right until the end of that contract as well unless we release him, no-one would bid £50k for him.

See, I can't agree with this. As he is the worst right back in the league, and by some considerable margin as well. There is absolutely no way you would ever want to put him there by choice.

He is a bit more capable at left back for some reason, but still miles away from what you would want. At a time when we're up for sale, we're having to make the absolute most of whatever funds we have, there is no room at all for deadwood, or at least there shouldn't be. Given the choice, no-one would rather us not sign a left back this window and muddle through with him there for the rest of the season, and as I say he is a laughably bad, sub-League Two right back. I bet we could find someone a lot better at playing both full back positions (if that's what we really wanted from a squad player) for a pretty low cost.

Of course it doesn't matter what I think as we have him signed up to 2019. What a great move that was. Guaranteed he'll be here right until the end of that contract as well unless we release him, no-one would bid £50k for him.
Of course, we could sign someone much better for a pretty low fee, but I was referring to the squad as it stands.

Even then I say 'probably'. Kortney Hause and potentially Deslandes could do a job at LB while I doubt Nathan Byrne is as bad at RB as Doherty.

Goldbournes best games were alongside Williamson this season- Coincidence? I think not

Goldbournes best games were alongside Williamson this season- Coincidence? I think not
Fair point, but he still lacks the height KJ would prefer.

How much longer is Hause out for?

Fair point, but he still lacks the height KJ would prefer.

How much longer is Hause out for?

Back in training next week, but Kenny suggesting he will need warm up U21 games first so don't expect to see him available for at least 2 weeks

Kemar Roofe is on a brace already tonight. I've watched him for this first half, and granted its only Millwall but he's been a class apart again.

Kemar Roofe is on a brace already tonight. I've watched him for this first half, and granted its only Millwall but he's been a class apart again.

A lot of teams are going to be after him now though, he was playing well earlier in the season and is exactly the type of player we should be looking at but think it might be a bit late now.

Him and Jordan Graham seem to be good buddies. He came from the WBA academy and is from around here (Walsall).

Just seen this on the Beeb, but is from the Express and Blah!

Championship side Wolves are planning a shock move for Ajax captain and Danish international Nicolai Boilesen, report the Express and Star.

Back