• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Winter Improvement Thread (aka Winter Squad Weakening Thread and TWF Suicide Watch)

What another midfielder, this is getting ridiculous.

Huddersfield fans told me they would only expect Wells to leave if it was for an Afobe sized fee, they seemed to get him for a bargain at £1.5 and he has been there top scorer since despite them being a lower half side. They believed they were looking to bring in a striker, not sell one. I think some idiot has made that up...

Rumours on Twitter that Bristol have failed to agree personal terms with Clough. He was on the bench tonight for Bolton.

Now enjoying West Ham beating the cheating bastards.

The £12M striker fluffing his lines.

Jesus Christ is going to save the Wolves.

Playing natural strikers is overrated anyway! ;)

Sako anonymous against the worst Prem team in a decade
Afobe fluffing 2 good chances
Hennessey chucking one in his goal
Wolves win and the world still turns

Sako anonymous against the worst Prem team in a decade
Afobe fluffing 2 good chances
Hennessey chucking one in his goal
Wolves win and the world still turns

You couldnt make it up. Nice warm feeling tonight but will be even better with a few new faces. Great win but still areas we need to strengthen. That hasnt changed. It may be the end for ALF though. The sytem is not suited to him so why would we make the move permanent? All depends on who else we bring in up front I suppose. That is if they havent spent all the Afobe money on 100 kg of Bolivian Marching powder and given it all Doherty RVLP and Zyro to look after!

Carnat has been doing well for the u18s lately. Plays wide as far as I can tell.

Christian Herc is young (16 I think?) but has been involved plenty and we have Morgan Gibbs White who is an under 16 but has played plenty of times and scored for the 18s. Both attacking players.

Herc is a midfielder.

So in comparison to last year we are a few points worse off BUT looking at the table remember Watford and Norwich joined Bournemouth and they were 6th and 7th respectively. I know one swallow doesnt make a summer but somehow we are still in touch and confidence improving. Fingers crossede for good news soon. Perhaps KJ had a plan after all? http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/league-championship/2014-2015/table/2015-01-10

The team in 6th also has 3 more points this year than last and we know how that ended. Ipswich's current point per game ratio would get them 2 more than last year. Personally I think there are too many variables to compare one season versus the next

The team in 6th also has 3 more points this year than last and we know how that ended. Ipswich's current point per game ratio would get them 2 more than last year. Personally I think there are too many variables to compare one season versus the next

That only stops us drawing definitive conclusions, as a guide to where we are the stats are of some limited use imo.

Brizzle are pulling the plug on the Clough deal.

That only stops us drawing definitive conclusions, as a guide to where we are the stats are of some limited use imo.

I posted it as cause for some optimism rather than to offer any proof of anything. If you were looking at that table you would not have had Watford going up automatically or Derby missing out. But both happened. Given that 40 more points would probably have us there or there abouts that 12-4-4 from our remaining games which is hardly a huge stretch. Its great form not wonder form so doable.Given how depressed I was after Sheffield I didnt think I would be feeling so much more optimistic. I am still cautious in my optimism and will wait til Feb 1st to make sure we have done the right deals and not sold Iorfa to Villa or something stupid and then judge from the keyboard!

I'd say it's who the buying club is as well. Bristol City are awful and who wants to play for Steve Cotterill and his salty tears of defeat.

Cotterill just cannot get a deal over the line. All very well having billionaire backing but his targets do not want to go to Bristol City, no matter what the wages are.

Apparently due to a possible Bolton takeover so they may not have to sell. I don't think Clough wants to leave unless he has to.

He won't leave unless the move is right. Not sure if there is a takeover on the cards: Neil Lennon has been bemoaning his situation this morning re. potential transfers out. Nobody knows what's going on with the Mark Davies and Zach Clough deals.

Wouldn't surprise me if Cotterill is gone soon. He lost it with a fan after the game last night, swearing his head off in front of a couple of young kids by the tunnel.

What a man.

He's up there with Tony Mowbray in the bitterness stakes whenever he's interviewed after a loss. Also a bona fide simpleton.

Back