• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Winter Improvement Thread (aka Winter Squad Weakening Thread and TWF Suicide Watch)

That Sky Transfer Centre thing says we are showing concrete interest in Hib's Jason Cummings as opposed to regular interest.

Cummings is quite good. We might have to pay over the odds to get him though, he's been carrying Hibs on his back since Scott Allen left, if they sell him they're pretty much condemning themselves to a 3rd season in the 2nd tier.

Just caught a glimpse of Benik's conference at the cheating bastards.

I think it's safe to say he was keen on the move - likes their philosophy, the way they play and all the rest of it ..

Can't begrudge him.

Wolves will be back.

You do know Bristol City's owners are both Billionaires in their own right?

Yes. But we are a well run club with current profit. Morgan is worth 600 million. Should have been enough to sign someone like Clough tbh. Can't see brizzle paying stupid wages either.

Brizzle would be happy to pay big wages and offer big fees. Their problem is nobody wants to sign for them as they are right in the mix for relegation.

A millionaire could put more money into a club than a trillionaire. You can have all the money you want but if those charged with turning that into points are not up to it then it's money down the drain. It's becoming increasingly clear that this league is turning into Greed League 2. We need change at Wolves first and foremost and that isn't necessarily spending millions on players.

Doesn't really matter what Morgan is worth when he's tagging out does it?

That Sky Transfer Centre thing says we are showing concrete interest in Hib's Jason Cummings as opposed to regular interest.

He'd be an excellent signing. Definitely more of a "forward" (like Afobe) as opposed to an out-and-out striker in the mould of Dicko.

Tim Spiers ‏@tim_spiers_Star 4m4 minutes ago
KJ on Afobe replacement: Says they've looked at 1 player in particular as a direct replacement. Wants to move quickly.

Tim Spiers ‏@tim_spiers_Star 3m3 minutes ago
And hasn't ruled out signing someone before Cardiff. Permanent move preferable but looking at loans too. Young and hungry also preferable.

Tim Spiers ‏@tim_spiers_Star 4m4 minutes ago
KJ on Afobe replacement: Says they've looked at 1 player in particular as a direct replacement. Wants to move quickly.

Tim Spiers ‏@tim_spiers_Star 3m3 minutes ago
And hasn't ruled out signing someone before Cardiff. Permanent move preferable but looking at loans too. Young and hungry also preferable.

A glorious return for Grant Holt not yet ruled out!

Doesn't really matter what Morgan is worth when he's tagging out does it?

As Penk said, Morgan tagged out 4 years ago and I agree with you and him, what does it matter what the owner's worth if he isn't putting anything into the company.

He'd be an excellent signing. Definitely more of a "forward" (like Afobe) as opposed to an out-and-out striker in the mould of Dicko.

Strange way to describe him. He's definitely a number 9, even if he is quite slight. The obvious comparison would be to Leigh Griffiths: fast, skilful, left footed, natural finisher, big game player...

Inconsistent though and it's always difficult to say how good strikers really are when they're playing against Scottish 2nd tier defences.

Cummings is quite good. We might have to pay over the odds to get him though, he's been carrying Hibs on his back since Scott Allen left, if they sell him they're pretty much condemning themselves to a 3rd season in the 2nd tier.

I like the look of him too when Hibs has been on the tele this season he stands out looks like some who likes to make runs behind the defense, alert in the 18 yard box and good finisher too.

mentioned in the interview that there was more than 1 club in for Afobe - any reports on who the other club were ?

Strange way to describe him. He's definitely a number 9, even if he is quite slight. The obvious comparison would be to Leigh Griffiths: fast, skilful, left footed, natural finisher, big game player...

Inconsistent though and it's always difficult to say how good strikers really are when they're playing against Scottish 2nd tier defences.

Fair enough. He always struck me as someone who would sit slightly deeper, but happy to accept that you probably (definitely) know more than me!

As for the second club in for Afobe: Norwich or Derby, perhaps?

He looks like a jockey!

He looks like a jockey!

article-0-1252A0D0000005DC-884_468x326.jpg

Fair enough. He always struck me as someone who would sit slightly deeper, but happy to accept that you probably (definitely) know more than me!

As for the second club in for Afobe: Norwich or Derby, perhaps?

He's always played up top in a 4-2-3-1 for Hibs. Usually plays on the shoulder and looks to get in behind on the break. Johnny Russell was a striker for Arabs before he went down south though so I suppose he could make the transition, he's only just turned 20 after all.

surely if the club are not lying to us and Afobe has been regularly demanding a move then the club would have anticipated this and will have two suitable replacements already lined up ?

Surely ?

That is how u run a football club.

Sorry Ive just woken up and realised I support Wolves

Back