• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Winter Improvement Thread (aka Winter Squad Weakening Thread and TWF Suicide Watch)

Just an idea, some sections have felt lied to, that Moxey suggested investment for a Sako replacement, maybe that dream was sold to Benik too... Add to that the Stearman "footballing reasons" was he/wasn't he then perhaps after buying into it and committing he ended up feeling betrayed and decided he wanted out? Add to that the anti football and been dropped at times etc I can't really blame him. He had unfinished business and that changed... As i say this will only ever be conjecture but I hold no hard feelings toward him at all.

Just an idea, some sections have felt lied to, that Moxey suggested investment for a Sako replacement, maybe that dream was sold to Benik too... Add to that the Stearman "footballing reasons" was he/wasn't he then perhaps after buying into it and committing he ended up feeling betrayed and decided he wanted out? Add to that the anti football and been dropped at times etc I can't really blame him. He had unfinished business and that changed... As i say this will only ever be conjecture but I hold no hard feelings toward him at all.

Maybe the dream was sold To Kenny Jackett too!

Maybe the dream was sold To Kenny Jackett too!

I've thought about this and you may have a point but you would think Jackett would be all out to buy a winger if he didn't think Graham was ready. As really that was the only change needed.

I've thought about this and you may have a point but you would think Jackett would be all out to buy a winger if he didn't think Graham was ready. As really that was the only change needed.
This is what really pisses me off. One player. One position. That's all we fucking needed. Not that shitty fucking wank 442 rhombus shit that KJ thought would be the way forward. Cuntbags.

And the really sad thing is, that Graham would have been fine. No Sako, but we were never finding another Sako.

Sky are doing Afobe's stats via football manager, deconstructed by Stuart Pearce

Interesting question here. If we had taken 1 point from the last 3 games instead of 9 (Charlton weren't beating anybody that day) and were sat 5 points above the relegation zone in 19th place would we have put up more of a fight to keep Afobe?

Interesting question here. If we had taken 1 point from the last 3 games instead of 9 (Charlton weren't beating anybody that day) and were sat 5 points above the relegation zone in 19th place would we have put up more of a fight to keep Afobe?

We could have refused to sell but Afobe could have gone all Fletcher/Camara on our asses

Derby have had a bid of £250K rejected for Marcus Olsson. Would be massive upgrade on Golbourne/Doherty, we should definitely be interested at that price.

We could have refused to sell but Afobe could have gone all Fletcher/Camara on our asses

We'd at the very least waited to see if he could grab us a few extra points vs Fulham/Cardiff/QPR though surely?

Fair play to Afobe they didn't seem any spin in that response no digs or pandering he want's to Play Premiership football that's the bottom line.

Disappointed he's gone but this is a far more better situation than him leaving on September 1st.

We'd at the very least waited to see if he could grab us a few extra points vs Fulham/Cardiff/QPR though surely?

Again, depends on the player doesn't it.

Could have quite easily refused to play in any of them

I doubt it. The approach from Bournemouth must have been communicated to Benik. Once that happened then it would have been very difficult to have made him play if he didn't want to (see Hennessey).

Get ready for Dave as a 'false nine'. Progressing from his recent 'false player' role.

Back