• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Winter Improvement Thread (aka Winter Squad Weakening Thread and TWF Suicide Watch)

What are people expecting Afobe to say - "Gutted to leave Wolves - I had to be handcuffed, and driven here against my will - I might wear a Bournemouth shirt next week, but my heart will still be in Wolverhampton. Steve and Jez - I wish you loved me as much as I love you. Probably best not to leave any sharp objects near me for a while"

What are people expecting Afobe to say - "Gutted to leave Wolves - I had to be handcuffed, and driven here against my will - I might wear a Bournemouth shirt next week, but my heart will still be in Wolverhampton. Steve and Jez - I wish you loved me as much as I love you. Probably best not to leave any sharp objects near me for a while"

To be honest, yes I do believe some fans were expecting something like that, deluded.

Hopefully all the nonsense about a player having an affinity towards a football Club can be done with now, the Steve Bull days are long gone.

They were pretty much done and dusted when Bully was still playing.

Those were the days eh...

I would think twice about leaving a company, to go to another company that was up for sale and selling off it's best products.

Benik has confirmed it was his decision and Wolves did everything to keep him.(source his Facebook page)

So, is he lying as well??

The clubs philosophy has changed since Benik arrived so why shouldn't Benik's views. Asking a bloke to chase down his own chances, when he should be given at least some balls into area's is shocking. There should be a complete clear out from top to bottom, Moxey, Thelwell and Jackett, however since we're in limbo that's not going to happen.

Benik - "Pleased to have finally got my Premier League move to AFC Bournemouth. I've thought long and hard about the next step in my career. I said my reasons for staying with Wolves were because I had unfinished business but circumstances change and I was determined to take this amazing opportunity this time around with a great club to test myself in the Premier League. I know the Wolves fans will be disappointed but it's been a life long aspiration of mine to play at the highest level and I believe it was right time to take this chance. Thanks to Wolves for the past 12 months. They did everything in their power to keep me but it was my ultimate decision to leave. Every time I've worn a Wolves shirt I've given my all. I've made some friends for life and the staff, players, media and fans have been nothing but great towards me. I thank my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ for this. I've waited a long time to get a shot in the Prem after suffering 2 serious lengthy injuries in my young career so far but I've worked hard and never lost faith. Now the time has come! I'm looking forward to the new challenge and helping my new team climb up the Premier League table. Thanks for the support everyone!"

Benik has confirmed it was his decision and Wolves did everything to keep him.(source his Facebook page)

Club have forced him to say that obvs. Gun to his head etc etc.

He has every right to move on when the rules have been changed.

Hence the tone of the club statement however . We will never know the full story but let's move on. He wanted to go kj wanted money so let's spend it wisely

My assumption that player purchases were dependent on selling was what you disagreed with, butwere actually spot on I believe. But hey tomato tomayto

Not really. Player purchases "may" have been dependent on sales but neither you or I know that. I was disagreeing with the logic you employed to come to that conclusion. Tomato, potato.

I just knew Jesus would have had something to do with this. Christ Almighty FFS....

He has every right to move on when the rules have been changed.
As I said yesterday, I wish him well. No hard feelings from this part on the Internet. Prem came calling, we are a million miles away from even being able to paint a dream of being there, so no surprise he wanted to go.

As I said yesterday, I wish him well. No hard feelings from this part on the Internet. Prem came calling, we are a million miles away from even being able to paint a dream of being there, so no surprise he wanted to go.

It still could all have been a little different if we had matched ambitions, not just of Benik but a few others I bet. We have brought in crap, messed around and stalled a couple of players futures this season and have been a total mess with formations and teams put out. I don't care if a Prem team came calling, Benik may have been happy to stay if we had just gone that extra mile.

Benik - "Pleased to have finally got my Premier League move to AFC Bournemouth. I've thought long and hard about the next step in my career. I said my reasons for staying with Wolves were because I had unfinished business but circumstances change and I was determined to take this amazing opportunity this time around with a great club to test myself in the Premier League. I know the Wolves fans will be disappointed but it's been a life long aspiration of mine to play at the highest level and I believe it was right time to take this chance. Thanks to Wolves for the past 12 months. They did everything in their power to keep me but it was my ultimate decision to leave. Every time I've worn a Wolves shirt I've given my all. I've made some friends for life and the staff, players, media and fans have been nothing but great towards me. I thank my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ for this. I've waited a long time to get a shot in the Prem after suffering 2 serious lengthy injuries in my young career so far but I've worked hard and never lost faith. Now the time has come! I'm looking forward to the new challenge and helping my new team climb up the Premier League table. Thanks for the support everyone!"

Jonzy - "nicely prepared PR spin". Of course. You have been found out.

Can we stop the Molineux Mix chat? If I wanted to read it I would.

Not really. Player purchases "may" have been dependent on sales but neither you or I know that. I was disagreeing with the logic you employed to come to that conclusion. Tomato, potato.

Smallest pair of scissors required to split that hair

Back