• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Winter Improvement Thread (aka Winter Squad Weakening Thread and TWF Suicide Watch)

That's an appalling deal on our part. Thoroughly pissed off with that.

Bournemouth paid almost exactly the same amount of money for Tyrone Mings. A $#@!ing full back who's the same age as Benik and has a much worse pedigree.

We got 2 million more for Jarvis. #gotonthecheap

Not a word of appreciation towards Wolves. Cheers then, Benik. Hope to see you again next season.

Still trying to defend his position that there were tears. Strangely other posters are saying different from their "sources". ITKs are a pain in the arse on the internet at times. I think Jonzy has been given duff info this time.

The only thing you can assume is that we wanted the money in now as we have cracking targets lined up for the transfer window. That we're a well-organised, well-run club with a slick recruitment department that has already identified targets and has the deals virtually done...

And that the only way the owner would sanction incomings was to sell. I bloody knew it. Please no one try and tell me SM still has this clubs best interest at heart. Rhetoric and bullshit is all we can rely on. They better buy some great players or there will be anarchy

How can you say that? Any evidence to back up that stance?

Last sentence is true though.

Best of luck to Benik, he did a great job for us and got us a much bigger fee in just 12 months.

Hope he goes on to bigger and better things than Bournemouth.

I stopped getting wound up about selling our best players when we sold Alan Sunderland .....

The owner wants out, of course there was going to be no further funding from him.

Can you tell tsb that then

And if that was the case why have you been arguing the fact with me on here?

It is fairly clear you don't understand what I disagreed with. Perhaps when you stop presenting "stuff you made up" as fact nobody would challenge you on it.

Let me make my position crystal. In an ideal world I want to keep Afobe. However our owner has stated we must be self sufficient. Despite posting 8 mil in profits and being lauded as a well run club other threads say that we in fact will lose that this year. That means vis a vis that there is NO MONEY FOR PLAYERS. Given our woeful lack of depth in the current squad and , despite three wins on the bounce , a shockingly low standard of football and entertainment, we all pretty much agree that new faces are required. Forget the debate of do you trust the current recruitment or Jackett to get the right people in. The fact is Jackett says we need more depth, most on here say we need more depth and new players and yet looking at the maths the only way we get the money is to sell someone. The only one that is attracting attention for that kind of money is Benik.
This is what happens when you dont shop properly in the summer. I told you that then and its coming home to roost now. A lower table championship club going knowhere this season will get shining players picked over in January by those either looking to get to the prem or those looking to stay in the prem. Hands up we $#@!ed up. We all know it. Now we have to suck it up fruitcakes and build for next year. If the owner is not going to dip in to do that we have to get more creative. Or we stick with what we have and " enjoy" and maybe 3 home wins all season and half a dozen backs to the wall defending jobs that will help keep us up or even mid table. Woopy $#@!ing do. Just what we always want. Mid table championship mediocrity from a dull team led by a dull manager with dull tactics.

Ideally- keep Afobe and buy 3 or 4 new faces and freshen it up a bit to give confidence for next year. They are NOT going to sack Ken so we have to play the hand we are dealt with. We are also not getting a billionaire in time for this window so we have little alternative.

Sorry guys the only way I see us getting new faces and a bit more depth is through selling Benik or Morgan doing a complete U turn and dipping into his pockets ( pig cruising at 30000 feet spotted over Wolverhampion)

Just in case you missed it.

Nobody has. But your definition of no further funds is rather different to the truth, which is keeping things going and ticking over. You would have to be comically dim not to do that when selling a club.

Can you tell tsb that then

And if that was the case why have you been arguing the fact with me on here?

I said I wouldn't sell Afobe in this window, I don't recall saying I thought Steve Morgan would put more funds into the club.

Who is the lad that scored the brace for Oxford today? Heard on the radio that a few teams have been watching him, ex West Brom Academy player that seems to be coming good around 22-23. Dean Saunders was covering that game too, cheered me up hearing what a fucking nob he still is. I think when I am down about Wolves I am also going to think about seeing Sheff Wed 0-0 Wolves in January when after the game I told my bro to put money on us being relegated despite seemingly being clear.

It may seem bad, but it's not Dean Saunders.

Kemar Roofe. Had a really good game.

Just in case you missed it.

The "vis a vis" bit is what you made up unless you have an insight into the accounts that the rest of us aren't privy to. Your assumption that player purchases are determined purely on a season by season basis is flawed.

Being self sufficient is something that develops over the longer term and includes the aspiration to develop younger players through the significant investment made to the Academy - whereas you dumbed it down to nothing more than year on year profit and loss in the accounts.

If you didn't understand why I disagreed with you, then just ask.

Kemar Roofe. Had a really good game.

Is he a bit like Hogan, in that no doubt loads of sides are watching him but no one has quite mind there mind up? Sounded very highly rated but my knowledge of our own league is poor at the minute, let alone other leagues.

The "vis a vis" bit is what you made up unless you have an insight into the accounts that the rest of us aren't privy to. Your assumption that player purchases are determined purely on a season by season basis is flawed.

Being self sufficient is something that develops over the longer term and includes the aspiration to develop younger players through the significant investment made to the Academy - whereas you dumbed it down to nothing more than year on year profit and loss in the accounts.

If you didn't understand why I disagreed with you, then just ask.

My assumption that player purchases were dependent on selling was what you disagreed with, butwere actually spot on I believe. But hey tomato tomayto

Hopefully all the nonsense about a player having an affinity towards a football Club can be done with now, the Steve Bull days are long gone.

Back