• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Winter Improvement Thread (aka Winter Squad Weakening Thread and TWF Suicide Watch)

I was just gonna say at least we won't be all about a document reader anymore.

Anyone who thinks Wolves meant nothing to Benik should watch his reaction after the Huddersfield & Villa goals. I understand how modern football can make fans cynical about these sort of things but the guy genuinely loved playing for Wolves. I would have no problem believing that he left the club in tears.

I tend to believe Wolves, and that Afobe wanted away. That is his choice, but considering he has only been at Molineux for a very short while, I do wonder about his motives. It is clearly all about money and I do not blame him for that. But being in tears, sorry I cannot accept that. Years ago as a division three side, teams were after Bully and Mutch. The difference then was they wanted to play for Wolves. Afobe has chased the money, the likes of Bully and Mutch just wanted to play for Wolves.

According to the official statement, the only circumstances now changed for Wolves, is the Club being made available for sale, so Wolves "were left with little other option than to reluctantly accept the substantial bid."

I read that as saying that if Wolves were not for sale, then they would have had an option not to accept the bid.

Gives me little faith in the last sentence.

I tend to believe Wolves, and that Afobe wanted away. That is his choice, but considering he has only been at Molineux for a very short while, I do wonder about his motives. It is clearly all about money and I do not blame him for that. But being in tears, sorry I cannot accept that. Years ago as a division three side, teams were after Bully and Mutch. The difference then was they wanted to play for Wolves. Afobe has chased the money, the likes of Bully and Mutch just wanted to play for Wolves.

Your best post ever and highlights all that is wrong nowadays.

However I believe you can't beat the system so you play the system

The club statement re Afobe seems reasonable enough to me. If he's made it clear he wants to move then why shouldn't the club make that known. It's not exactly an unusual situation. It happens all the time. The alternative is for the club to say nothing and to get the inevitable flak from a sizeable section of the fans.

On the occasions I've seen him play this season Afobe has looked like his heart wasn't fully in it. As long as the majority of the proceeds go towards strengthening the squad this looks like a great deal.

Absolute nonsense. There's absolutely nothing wrong with ambition. He's a 22 year old man with the world at his feet and Wolves were doing nothing but holding him back. He wants to play Premier League football. Fair enough. To insinuate otherwise is to do yourself a disservice and that's aimed both at you and Wolverhampton Wanderers (the only party in this deal who were truly 'in in for the money').

Prem League is where all players want to be. No chance he is getting there with us this season and uncertainty on our future in terms of owner of course the lad wanted to go.

Best of luck to him and now onto watching what we do.

Prem League is where all players want to be. No chance he is getting there with us this season and uncertainty on our future in terms of owner of course the lad wanted to go.

Best of luck to him and now onto watching what we do.
Exactly and if he does well, Bournemouth will be another stepping stone to his next move. No hard feelings to Afobe.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Possibly the worst team apart from WBA that he could go to but it wasn't entirely unexpected given the club in limbo at the moment. Came in, did his job well and will leave on good terms with the supporters. Just a shame we couldn't defend and his game suffered as a result. As for the Wolves statement, yeah well it's about right and there's not much further to be said. Do I believe Afobe wanted to stay? Nah ... not a chance. Busy few days for Thelwell et al I would have thought but I'm buoyed by the effort they put in today. Think we've bottomed out in this current phase of the club and the only way is up. Nothing changes - the club needs an immediate transition - at least before pre-season 2016/17

The difference between what you earn between divisions wasn't that great then, Bully turned down Coventry in 95 when they were a poor PL side and we were showing a lot of ambition.
The game is nearly in recognisable in terms of money, ambition etc from 20 years ago.

Believing wolves is beyond stupid and comparing Bull and Mutch to Afobe pathetic. I expect little from you Frank but this is outdoing yourself.

As for Wolves PR manager, what a cunt that bloke is. If I were Afobe I would be instructing lawyers against the club. Utterly unprofessional from a increasingly woeful outfit. Our club is an absolute embarrassment at the moment. I don't blame Afobe for moving as I would if I were him.

I don't trust Jackett, Moxey or Thelwell to get the next part of recruitment right and any new owner must think they will have a huge bill getting rid of these three half wits before implementing their own ideas.

According to the official statement, the only circumstances now changed for Wolves, is the Club being made available for sale, so Wolves "were left with little other option than to reluctantly accept the substantial bid."

I read that as saying that if Wolves were not for sale, then they would have had an option not to accept the bid.

Gives me little faith in the last sentence.

I was thinking this. I'm not really sure how much we are going to invest at all.

Back