• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Winter Improvement Thread (aka Winter Squad Weakening Thread and TWF Suicide Watch)

Surely though if he doesn't want to go the club can't put out that statement which states he has constantly wanted to leave.

Checking another forum someone has posted that Afobe doesn't really want to go but is being made. I understand he's quite reputable with what he puts on there but i have no idea.

Something doesn't sit right though and that statement just adds to it. Club is in a horrible mess from the top down.
Nah. People just love a conspiracy theory.

He wants to play in the premier league and it's clear we're going no where fast. The Norwich interest and persistence would have unsettled him, so when someone comes along in the next window and offers you £10m for an unhappy player, you're going to take it. That's about the crux of it - I believe the club this time and not a random on a forum.

True, but at the end of the day - and contrary to what some fans would have you believe - its not our business to know what goes on behind the scenes. I believe such things should be kept well away from social media etc. A couple of short paragraphs would have sufficed without any little digs as have been strongly implied in that statement.

Maybe this is why Afobe was dropped to the bench a month or so back?

Suppose it's just a bit of a move PR to try get the fans onside, with the way the season is panning out and the popularity of Afobe then there are going to be a fair chunk of the support that take tha latters side in this seperation. That statement is a move to villainise him as much as anything, get people siding with the club rather than him.

Surely though if he doesn't want to go the club can't put out that statement which states he has constantly wanted to leave.

I guess it's possible to want to leave to go on to better things, and still be sad to leave your old place/job/whatever behind.

If Kenny said Afobe wanted to leave it's almost certain he didn't.

I used to find his unfactual statements funny, now they seem vaguely pathetic.

He always seemed genuinely pleased and thankful to the fans on twitter, even with his generic pro footballer tweets, shame to be losing him as I look at that team now and worry about where the quality is now. However the venom from our fans at times is embarrassing, if I see one one person implying that Morgan is getting the £12 million straight into his paypal account I am going to lose it.

I can understand the club's disappointment but why bother issuing a statement with such strong words? I can't see what good it will do.

It deflects from the near abysmal recruitment over 2015 and the backlash similar re Stearman. Please don't anyone try and convince me the Wolves board,owner and CEO had any intention of pushing for the premier league. Their actions since missing out on the play offs show them to be duplicitous in the extreme. They have singularly failed to deliver on their promises to effectively replace Sako. KJ on sky stating amount undisclosed surprise surprise

Nah. People just love a conspiracy theory.

He wants to play in the premier league and it's clear we're going no where fast. The Norwich interest and persistence would have unsettled him, so when someone comes along in the next window and offers you £10m for an unhappy player, you're going to take it. That's about the crux of it - I believe the club this time and not a random on a forum.

Sounds about right to me, let's see what he does when he scores his first goal for them.

Already seen the pocketing the money posts, not on here though. Also implied by some angry posters that for some reason Moxey is going to invest in 10 years of pies.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

If it's true, I have no problem with the club issuing that statement.

Clearly the boys at the top know what a mess the club is in, especially but not solely because of the "for sale" sign, so I have nothing against them for giving the club a little pride back, if, as I say the statement is true.

I guess it's possible to want to leave to go on to better things, and still be sad to leave your old place/job/whatever behind.

Definitely possible.

I was perfectly happy at my old place of work, I was learning plenty and got along with everyone there but then a few things changed and it was increasingly looking like it would become a bit of a dead end so had to find somewhere better for myself.

Really not happy with that statement about Afobe, unprofessional and very unlike Wolves' public persona.

I have feeling we won't particularly invest much or sign anyone of any particular ilk.

It deflects from the near abysmal recruitment over 2015 and the backlash similar re Stearman. Please don't anyone try and convince me the Wolves board,owner and CEO had any intention of pushing for the premier league. Their actions since missing out on the play offs show them to be duplicitous in the extreme. They have singularly failed to deliver on their promises to effectively replace Sako. KJ on sky stating amount undisclosed surprise surprise

It doesn't at all. It makes those who hate the board hate the board even more and accuse them of lying, it creates more questions that answers, and is a pretty pointless dig at an individual.

Let's face it - they could come out with a statement that is 100% fact but so many fans wouldn't ever believe it. The lack of communication with the fans on footballing matters really is no bad thing - because they can do absolutely no right whatsoever in the eyes of some fans.

The It's Magic song is jinxed - 4 victims in no time at all.

Definitely possible.

I was perfectly happy at my old place of work, I was learning plenty and got along with everyone there but then a few things changed and it was increasingly looking like it would become a bit of a dead end so had to find somewhere better for myself.

I hated my old workplace but I was still sad to leave because of some of the people and despite the fact I didn't like the job, there were still good times.

With any luck they'll be back down and Afobe can get back to playing in the championship. If true he wanted to leave mid season he can get to fuck. Cunt.

Oh behave. Anyone blaming Benik is an idiot. Jackett & Morgan take the blame for this, nobody else.

Back