• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Winter Improvement Thread (aka Winter Squad Weakening Thread and TWF Suicide Watch)

Doyle wasn't that great to start with, he just ran around a lot with no support, hardly a footballing masterclass.

He was burnt out rather than ruined.

Pretty harsh words there from Wolves.

throwing Benik under a bus. Very harsh

Throwing Afobe under the bus to distract from the poor management in the club at all levels.

If he wanted to leave, then it was best to let him go. There is no point in having a player that does not want to play for you.

throwing Benik under a bus. Very harsh

I can understand the club's disappointment but why bother issuing a statement with such strong words? I can't see what good it will do.

Checking another forum someone has posted that Afobe doesn't really want to go but is being made. I understand he's quite reputable with what he puts on there but i have no idea.

Something doesn't sit right though and that statement just adds to it. Club is in a horrible mess from the top down.

Maybe he has been being a bit of an arse since the summer though?

When he joined Wolves were on the up, just promoted but having a decent season, a season that improved following his arrival. Then Sako goes in the summer, underwhelming arrivals, slow start to the season, other important players gone from the team and more unwhelming performance. Can see why he could get pretty miffed in those circumstances having had a chance to get out denied in the summer.

Does seem a bit harsh for Wolves to wash their dirty laundry in public like that but perhaps it is the truth.

I can understand the club's disappointment but why bother issuing a statement with such strong words? I can't see what good it will do.

Unprofessional, I agree. With the tweets from wolves players yesterday to Wallace and now this its all going a bit tits up. Shambles

Does seem a bit harsh for Wolves to wash their dirty laundry in public like that but perhaps it is the truth.

True, but at the end of the day - and contrary to what some fans would have you believe - its not our business to know what goes on behind the scenes. I believe such things should be kept well away from social media etc. A couple of short paragraphs would have sufficed without any little digs as have been strongly implied in that statement.

Maybe this is why Afobe was dropped to the bench a month or so back?

No problem with that statement if it is true. If Afobe has been asking for a move then glad he's gone. We have made a really good profit without really contributing much to his footballing development. We will replace him, hopefully to the disappointment of some other club's fans who are unhappy at losing their prized asset. If that player comes in and scores a few goals he'll be a hero and Afobe will be chip paper.

Typical Wolves honest when it suits them. I wish him well, but Afobe is no longer a concern unless we are against him. More interested in what Wolves do next.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Checking another forum someone has posted that Afobe doesn't really want to go but is being made. I understand he's quite reputable with what he puts on there but i have no idea.

Something doesn't sit right though and that statement just adds to it. Club is in a horrible mess from the top down.

Who posted it?

I doubt Afobe needed much of a nudge, again it's history now. More interested in what happens next. Are there any strong rumours of who Wolves might replace Afobe with?

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Back