• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Winter Improvement Thread (aka Winter Squad Weakening Thread and TWF Suicide Watch)

Not on all of them.

Bournemouth had 25% of Lallana's move to Liverpool.

That's because Southampton took him from them as a kid

It depends what's negotiated. Clubs less willing to negotiate % of full fee as could sting them later. At least if it's on a profit you get your money back.

Normally the way you would do it with a young player as you expect them to improve and go up in value.

Southampton also had 25% of any future sale from Bale, although they took £3m upfront instead when they were in financial difficulties.

He always seems to score against us, seems to be a bit of a 10 rather than an out and out box predator. That accurate those that have seen more of him?

That's fair, has good pace and a low centre of gravity so a good runner with the ball. Likes to come deep and drive with it. Pony in the air but likes a finish from anywhere. Can play wide left or right as well as off the front man.

If Afobe is sold. Wolves fans ought to boycott games.
This is getting as bad run as the 80's.
No interest in anything other than getting money in.
Under Morgan in the prem we spent money and had a decent team now we are becoming a joke

Under Morgan in the prem we spent money and had a decent team now we are becoming a joke
Looks like you've successfully won the drama queen title, unlucky Sam/Quirk you put up a good fight but your reign was ultimately short lived.

As long as that money is reinvested Afobe won't be missed. I'd be more upset if we sold Dicko. More bothered about the fact Wallace gone on loan without being given a chance. To be fair it's good business, he'd had his head turned by Norwich anyway, not been the same player since then.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

No this is more the era of tepid disappointment.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

I can only assume you werent around in the eighties. Nor was i dont get me wrong but i assume there would be a world of difference in playing in front of 4000 in the bottom division, not knowing if we would complete our fixtures/survive in a dilapidated half-condemned stadium on bargain basement buys from up the road and being solvent with gates around 20,000 in a 32k stadium, hovering in the midtable and our best player being sold?

Youll black your eyes if you jerk those knees any more violently.

There's been a few by where I stand that have been very critical of Afobe for a while now, probably change if he's sold though.

There's been a few by where I stand that have been very critical of Afobe for a while now, probably change if he's sold though.

Most would say his form is not near last seasons but that is as much a system and partner problem as anything else

I can only assume you werent around in the eighties. Nor was i dont get me wrong but i assume there would be a world of difference in playing in front of 4000 in the bottom division, not knowing if we would complete our fixtures/survive in a dilapidated half-condemned stadium on bargain basement buys from up the road and being solvent with gates around 20,000 in a 32k stadium, hovering in the midtable and our best player being sold?

Youll black your eyes if you jerk those knees any more violently.

Lots of teams in the top leagues were getting 7000 and 8000 crowds in the 80's I think Chelsea did too in 1982 and 1983!
We were in the fourth, fans stayed away to protest at the Bhattis.

I asked if there was a stream on the wrong thread ha.

Medical at Bournmouth for Benik tomorrow, it's Gotta be true Jeff just said it.

5Live saying that Clough isn't playing in the Bolton game as they've had a £3M bid accepted. Didn't catch who it was, but I doubt it was us.

Back