• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Winter Improvement Thread (aka Winter Squad Weakening Thread and TWF Suicide Watch)

Looks like he has the power we need...

A leftback is surely a priority, even so we have a natural backup rather than a make shift.

Smoke and mirrors. Jackett must know what sort of budget he has to work with surely?

My guess is something like - pretty much whatever you can get in. Its no coincidence that we have activity during the weekend we are likely to make 10 million from the sale of our best player. Ho hum its business and SM is not going to pour money in for someone else to benefit. Personally I will reserve judgement until after the window. We could end up a more cohesive creative unit with more depth but missing our star turn. In which case it will be a case of mussed opportunities but we are where we are. The facts as I see them now are

1. Kenny is staying and gets this window
2. He will have SOME of the Afobe money in fees or wages- hence the players targeted are the ones coming to the end of their contracts. Bigger signing on fee no transfer or small transfer fee and wages within the structure
3. Kenny has actually played this very cannily. His media comments in E and S about SM still being hands on and supportive have somewhat forced him to allow players to come in. Without that I dont think we would have done much. Ken is not happy with the squad - he has said as much and the actions speak volumes.

Lets see what happens over the next few weeks. Could be interesting

Ah well that's that one done, as soon as even championship clubs are linked with our targets it's usually all over.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

My Father in law (Bolton fan) is saying the talk is we have had a fee agreed with Bolton for Clough, which is why he has rejected Bristol. My Father in Law is not #ITK, however he is one of those people that hates the internet, and has a mobile that he only turns on once a week, however he texted this to our lass to tell me, so we might as well start selling the shirts with Clough on the back!

Sky Sports news would pay for my sort of contacts...

I haven't seen this anywhere, do we reckon there is any truth in it?

My Father in law (Bolton fan) is saying the talk is we have had a fee agreed with Bolton for Clough, which is why he has rejected Bristol. My Father in Law is not #ITK, however he is one of those people that hates the internet, and has a mobile that he only turns on once a week, however he texted this to our lass to tell me, so we might as well start selling the shirts with Clough on the back!

Sky Sports news would pay for my sort of contacts...

I haven't seen this anywhere, do we reckon there is any truth in it?

Just a hunch. Clough fits the young and hungry model. At least then he wont score against us anymore! I would be happy to see him here

I hope Afobe scores a shitload for Bournemouth to underline how he has been chronically mis-used this season.

It's perfectly clear that his game is based on hanging off the shoulder of the defender and feeding off through balls played by the likes of McDonald. It was working a treat in this division until Jackett inexplicably reverted to anti-football, completely isolating Afobe up front and forcing to try to play as a shit-house target man that he could never be.

I've not seen much of Clough barring a few highlight reels. What type of forward is he?

I hope Afobe scores a $#@!load for Bournemouth to underline how he has been chronically mis-used this season.

It's perfectly clear that his game is based on hanging off the shoulder of the defender and feeding off through balls played by the likes of McDonald. It was working a treat in this division until Jackett inexplicably reverted to anti-football, completely isolating Afobe up front and forcing to try to play as a $#@!-house target man that he could never be.

I hope so too. We must look at the ;positives

1. 8 million profit
2. Money for players to strengthen a bang average squad
3. Chance of un-earthing another jem (Clough?)
4. New fresh faces to compete for places

Now if all this happens KJ and the recruitment team have only themselves to blame if it goes tits up.

He always seems to score against us, seems to be a bit of a 10 rather than an out and out box predator. That accurate those that have seen more of him?

I've not seen much of Clough barring a few highlight reels. What type of forward is he?

Nippy little un with creative abilities who can also score. Not a predator or a targetman. Would work quite well next to a target man. Not sure about him and ALF however it would mean we had to keep the ball on the deck and pass more. Not a natural 10 as he is not the strongest but a darn sight more of a 10 than Dangerous DAve IMHO

I hope so too. We must look at the ;positives

1. 8 million profit
2. Money for players to strengthen a bang average squad
3. Chance of un-earthing another jem (Clough?)
4. New fresh faces to compete for places

Now if all this happens KJ and the recruitment team have only themselves to blame if it goes tits up.
How much is he (Afobe) actually going for? 10m? £12m?

Nippy little un with creative abilities who can also score. Not a predator or a targetman. Would work quite well next to a target man. Not sure about him and ALF however it would mean we had to keep the ball on the deck and pass more. Not a natural 10 as he is not the strongest but a darn sight more of a 10 than Dangerous DAve IMHO

Ikeme

Iorfa Batth Williamson M Bengue

Price

Zyro McDonald Graham

Clough ALF

Certainly looks quite balanced to me with leadership at the back ( Martinez would be an improvement but hey ho) On song that looks more creative than our current set up

How much is he (Afobe) actually going for? 10m? £12m?

both figures bandied but the club will make it undisclosed so it could be even more with add ons. Likely to include a " keep us up" payment IMO

Ikeme

Iorfa Batth Williamson M Bengue

Price

Zyro McDonald Graham

Clough ALF

Certainly looks quite balanced to me with leadership at the back ( Martinez would be an improvement but hey ho) On song that looks more creative than our current set up

Looks balanced?

Tony Mowbray would be laughing at a midfield as open as that!

both figures bandied but the club will make it undisclosed so it could be even more with add ons. Likely to include a " keep us up" payment IMO
I only asked because that will affect the profit as Arsenal have a sell on clause IIRC.

25% so 3 million on 12 2.5 on 10

Aren't sell on clauses based upon a % of the profit rather than the sell on fee.

So if we sold Afobe for £1m, Arsenal would get 25% of jack all
But £12m and they would get 25% (if the 25% is correct) from £10m

Aren't sell on clauses based upon a % of the profit rather than the sell on fee.

So if we sold Afobe for £1m, Arsenal would get 25% of jack all
But £12m and they would get 25% if the 25% is correct) from £10m

That's the way it works.

Back