• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Winter Improvement Thread (aka Winter Squad Weakening Thread and TWF Suicide Watch)

That is not fair. Many of us want him to succeed but evidence so far this season and some decisions last have made fans question his long term ability to succeed. Ideally if you are going to change manager then do it before a window. Given all the evidence I question his capability to take us higher. Like many happy to be proved wrong
Absolutely how I feel, I'd love KJ to succeed. However if he has lost the dressing room he needs to go now, not February so the transfer window is conveniently shut.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Yes but Penk said at least spell it properly and I did. So I'm sure it wasn't me.

I cannot argue that fact for that brief moment.

Personally, you'd have smashed it if you'd put the following sentences before it.

What's the matter you - hey
Gotta no respect - hey
What do you think you do - hey
Why do you look so sad - hey
It's a nice a place - hey

Blah blah blah ...

Personally, you'd have smashed it if you'd put the following sentences before it.

What's the matter you - hey
Gotta no respect - hey
What do you think you do - hey
Why do you look so sad - hey
It's a nice a place - hey

Blah blah blah ...

Hahahaha mad as a hatter.

Shit's hit the fan it seems. In all honesty though Afobe leaving isn't too dramatic. He would have gone in the summer anyway if we're still in the championship. The only way that doesn't happen is if Kenny suddenly changes his approach and even then it's not likely. So nothing really changes in that respect, we are and were going to be still in the championship in the summer without Afobe either way. Perhaps we could have gotten more than 10 mil but oh well.

The tweets though are an interesting development and I'm curious to how Kenny will respond.

Still alive then Loonsewolf!

I'm not too upset about Afobe leaving, in all honesty. It's a large amount of cash for a player who has largely had 12 good months in his whole career. I appreciate that those 12 months were very, very good but it seems they won't be replicated here any longer (at least not without Sako/Dicko type players alongside).

A lot of how this affects us are down to the sort of football we're playing. When Dicko comes back I don't think we'll miss Afobe too much, and if we start to play better football (presumably having tightened up the back with Williamson or someone with the wages freed up from Benik), then the likes of Le Fondre should be more than good enough for promotion.

Well he would replicate it with a change of manager. Someone who actually set up the team to have the ball outside your own third and signed/picked players with good technical ability.

We're gonna miss him a lot. He turned a decent team into one of the best in the championship. Unfortunately the manager has changed us back from that.

I'm not too upset about Afobe leaving, in all honesty. It's a large amount of cash for a player who has largely had 12 good months in his whole career. I appreciate that those 12 months were very, very good but it seems they won't be replicated here any longer (at least not without Sako/Dicko type players alongside).

A lot of how this affects us are down to the sort of football we're playing. When Dicko comes back I don't think we'll miss Afobe too much, and if we start to play better football (presumably having tightened up the back with Williamson or someone with the wages freed up from Benik), then the likes of Le Fondre should be more than good enough for promotion.
Personally I dont believe that we will get promoted this season unless there is a change in tactics or management and a huge improvement in the team's performances. Scrapping for wins by the seat of your pants isn't a sustainable plan.

If Dicko does return this season it will be too late to have the sort of impact that you seem to anticipate.

Personally I dont believe that we will get promoted this season unless there is a change in tactics or management and a huge improvement in the team's performances. Scrapping for wins by the seat of your pants isn't a sustainable plan.

If Dicko does return this season it will be too late to have the sort of impact that you seem to anticipate.

Yep, think we might as well forget looking up, and ensure we don't get into one of those slumps that gets us sucked into a relegation battle - we could well end up with little actual potency coupled with a negative mindset, which is a pretty concerning cocktail.

I would love to be sitting here on 1st February and say to you all " That was a good window. We sold Afobe but have spent the money really well and look stronger for it". I hate to say it but the only way I could ever see us being allowed to strengthen in the current climate is to raise funds. Its the way of things. If we were at the top then perhaps it may have been different. I am hoping that we can and do get more strength in depth to enable us to make a real challenge for the second half of the season. 6th is up for grabs but we are several players and a playinbg style short of getting to it. Attritional football may have got us three wins but can it get us another 15? Hell knows. Stranger things have happened

Smoke and mirrors. Jackett must know what sort of budget he has to work with surely?

I'm sure we'll sign a replacement for Afobe but I'm not convinced it'll be anyone worthwhile. If it's someone like Bradshaw who might actually be good then great but if it ends up being another Holt I'd rather see what Bright, Wilson or Ennis can do. Tbh if we keep playing the same way it wouldn't matter who's up front anyway.

Back