• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Winter Improvement Thread (aka Winter Squad Weakening Thread and TWF Suicide Watch)

More likely that Leon Clarke wil make a return than Kenny will buy and play Clough.

Bristol City are like you mate playing football manager for the first time. Bids for every player regardless of his own side and league as not sure how the game works.

Bristol City are like you mate playing football manager for the first time. Bids for every player regardless of his own side and league as not sure how the game works.

They tried for Andre Gray in August and he didn't want to know. I wouldn't have though Clough would swap sides and still be in a relegation haunted side.

Shit's hit the fan it seems. In all honesty though Afobe leaving isn't too dramatic. He would have gone in the summer anyway if we're still in the championship. The only way that doesn't happen is if Kenny suddenly changes his approach and even then it's not likely. So nothing really changes in that respect, we are and were going to be still in the championship in the summer without Afobe either way. Perhaps we could have gotten more than 10 mil but oh well.

The tweets though are an interesting development and I'm curious to how Kenny will respond.

Mimicking your managers sayings or mannerisms doesn't mean you dislike him or don't buy in to his ideas, there is so much context to that that we might not know. I didn't immediately read it as having a dig but more having a laugh.

My thoughts as well. There seems to a bit of over reaction regarding these tweets. As for Afobe he hasn't been great this season. In fact in a few games he's been pretty poor. We'd be crazy not to take the money. What's really painful to see though is the strength of the negativity towards Kenny Jackett. In the circumstances he's found himself in I don't think he's done as bad a job as some make out. It looks like I'm one of the few who wants him to succeed.

They tried for Andre Gray in August and he didn't want to know. I wouldn't have though Clough would swap sides and still be in a relegation haunted side.

And Dwight Gayle. Who dragged his feet hopping for another club to come in before declining them.

If you're going to swear then can you write it correctly, so those that have the swear filter turned on can let it do it's work. Some may be reading the forum with their kids.

Wow we've sunk so low we are a feeder club to Bournemouth. I'll believe it when I see it when the Afobe money is reinvested. I can't wait for horse crap that will be spewed at Early bird time.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

My thoughts as well. There seems to a bit of over reaction regarding these tweets. As for Afobe he hasn't been great this season. In fact in a few games he's been pretty poor. We'd be crazy not to take the money. What's really painful to see though is the strength of the negativity towards Kenny Jackett. In the circumstances he's found himself in I don't think he's done as bad a job as some make out. It looks like I'm one of the few who wants him to succeed.

That is not fair. Many of us want him to succeed but evidence so far this season and some decisions last have made fans question his long term ability to succeed. Ideally if you are going to change manager then do it before a window. Given all the evidence I question his capability to take us higher. Like many happy to be proved wrong

If Afobe did want to leave, and if those tweets are aimed at KJ, then the situation resembles the disharmony in the dressing room as we fell down the divisions.

If you're going to swear then can you write it correctly, so those that have the swear filter turned on can let it do it's work. Some may be reading the forum with their kids.

Must admit I did see what I assume Penk is referring to and thought the same.

Who swore, did I swear... :/

It wasn't the swearing, proper swearing is fine as you can choose to have the filter put on or off. Someone wrote cunt, but added a space, so those with the filter on could see it and someone was reading with their teenage daughter.

Probably, wasn't done on purpose, but just be careful, please.

Oh, and it wasn't you anyway, Quirk.

Back