• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Winter Improvement Thread (aka Winter Squad Weakening Thread and TWF Suicide Watch)

Of course we are drama queens!

You are right, players come and go. We are club up for sale, drifting along in the Championship, and we have accepted 10m for our star player who probably isn't very happy at the moment as well. It makes sense. But obviously people are going to be upset when said star player leaves!

Issue is, as we have discussed, the lack of faith in recruitment. I have none whatsoever.

Secondly, on your point about ALF and Dicko, is that a) the current set up certainly wouldn't suit Le Fondre, who I have a feeling we are going to let go back to Cardiff anyway. And Dicko will be offski sharpish if all is still not well come the summer, maybe in the January as he may have to prove his fitness and quality haven't been hampered by a long term injury.

We shall see how it goes - I think it is perfectly acceptable for people to be unhappy. And I think you know this too ha!
I don't see ALF being any less suited to the current set up than Afobe, the latter has more presence but ALF has a bit more determination to chase things down like Dicko would.

I wouldn't expect an improvement but if you're wasting Afobe then you may as well just sell him. Even if you play to his strengths he's mainly just a threat in behind, which ALF has shown he can be at this level too.

I honestly don't see it making a massive difference in the grand scheme of things. Continue these tactics and it's wank either way, change it up and I don't think Afobe offers much more than ALF anyway.

Maybe Sigurdarson finally becomes the next Ibrahimovic and turns this negative shit into something special?

I am going to try my hardest to be positive. Money coming in should mean strength coming in.That strength may enable us to be more creative and entertaining. Fingers crossed

Time for a change to the thread name... "Winter Squad Weakening Thread 2015/16"

I am going to try my hardest to be positive. Money coming in should mean strength coming in.That strength may enable us to be more creative and entertaining. Fingers crossed

Might as well believe in unicorns pissing rainbows.

Time for a change to the thread name... "Winter Squad Weakening Thread 2015/16"

Now there's no need for this reactionary talked! We kept the summer improvement thread past the point of all hope of improvement!

But but but surely he'll just play as a loan striker so whats the fucking point.

Who knows. Maybe we sign a defender that can help the rest of them through a game without the requirement of 5 midfielders holding their hands.

Doubtful, but you have to hope in football or whats the point

Winter Improvement Thread (aka Winter Squad Weakening Thread and TWF Suicide...

Knowing Kenny he'll probably spend it on another central midfielder, not play him and then ship him out on loan

even if he brings a few players in with the money, it's still a waste of time cos Edwards will still be fucking the team up

Maybe Afobe told the club he wanted to leave. If so, then I can understand why he is being sold. Otherwise, it is a little baffling.

Back