• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Winter Improvement Thread (aka Winter Squad Weakening Thread and TWF Suicide Watch)

Ken just stood there awkwardly.

He rarely gets involved in player celebrations though (if at all). Certainly not your Klopp type to jump in with the players.

I think the recruitment track record is the bigger worry than the sale itself, Afobe doesn't look irreplaceable to me but not sure you could trust Thelwell's team yo replace the loo roll.

I'm more trusting than I would have been under the MM era or recent times. Wallace, Byrne and Graham have all been decent acquisitions - admittedly the first two have only shown glimpses - and everyone who has stepped up from the academy recently has done a job.

There have been a few black spots like Grant Holt admittedly, but that's bund to happen...

He has said sorry Mark

Cheers for the year, Benik. Embarrassing how he's been used this season. A complete and utter waste of a top class player at this level.

Now watch us go and sign more midfielders who'll be out on loan in League One again next season with the money.

Yep. All on Kenny's shoulders this.

What if Afobe has indicated he wants to leave?

Although, I do think we will be sat in June wondering who our owner will be as we see pics of Iorfa holding up a Derby shirt with Prem League badges on.

I wouldn't blame him one bit, he signed for a club that had great ambition, then went straight into an attacking bliss of a side to now is a ultra defensive wreck of a football club. Jackett should shoulder a hell of a lot of blame for this.

I'm sure if a new owner was coming it would fairly easy to talk him in to staying with the new plans, etc.

Maybe so. But again that is just supposition.

Personally, I will toddle down there for a few games if I can be arsed while I wind down this season ticket, but I won't be renewing and I won't be missing it either. This season has utterly killed my passion for being at the games and this is the straw that broke the camel's back.

Afobe doesn't look irreplaceable to me but not sure you could trust Thelwell's team yo replace the loo roll.

They seem to do ok with strikers - Dicko followed by Afobe. (although they damaged that by also signing Clarke & Holt)

So, I reckon we will sign 1 utter shite WFT are you signing him for striker and a cheap one that in 6 months time we getting bids of £10m for.

This season has utterly killed my passion for being at the games and this is the straw that broke the camel's back.

Amazed you lasted the extra season TBH. I clung on but in the end reached the end.

They seem to do ok with strikers - Dicko followed by Afobe. (although they damaged that by also signing Clarke & Holt)

So, I reckon we will sign 1 utter shite WFT are you signing him for striker and a cheap one that in 6 months time we getting bids of £10m for.

Nah. We'll sign 2 utter shite WTF are you signing him for strikers and in 6 months time we'll be getting £10m bids for Enobakhare.

Well it means a bit of a playing style change and a new penalty taker. Still time for it to become an auction with Norwich .

Don't forget Sagbo and Graham, more failed than worked.

This is all geared up for a monumental goalscoring return from Siggy, isn't it?....

...Yeah, probably not.

Drama queens, one player out the door and giving up on the sport, talk about an overreaction.

If Wolves start playing in a way that would've suited then you'd think ALF will be decent enough for the rest of the season, he can offer similar goal threat. Then you've got Dicko to return next season and he's been successful up top on his own before now.

If there was enough ambition, doubtful, could be worth enquiring about Bamford perhaps. He could potentially be this January's Afobe after his failure at Palace.

Of course we are drama queens!

You are right, players come and go. We are club up for sale, drifting along in the Championship, and we have accepted 10m for our star player who probably isn't very happy at the moment as well. It makes sense. But obviously people are going to be upset when said star player leaves!

Issue is, as we have discussed, the lack of faith in recruitment. I have none whatsoever.

Secondly, on your point about ALF and Dicko, is that a) the current set up certainly wouldn't suit Le Fondre, who I have a feeling we are going to let go back to Cardiff anyway. And Dicko will be offski sharpish if all is still not well come the summer, maybe in the January as he may have to prove his fitness and quality haven't been hampered by a long term injury.

We shall see how it goes - I think it is perfectly acceptable for people to be unhappy. And I think you know this too ha!

I wouldn't blame him one bit, he signed for a club that had great ambition, then went straight into an attacking bliss of a side to now is a ultra defensive wreck of a football club. Jackett should shoulder a hell of a lot of blame for this.

He should but a lot of others have to as well.

Bradshaw from Walsall.

Don't forget Sagbo and Graham, more failed than worked.

Forget about them. Ok we do okish when we buy rather than loan strikers

Dicko - Afobe \0/
Clarke - WTF signing

I'll throw a conspiracy theory curveball here, for all interviews we've heard from Jackett over the last few week, the signing of Zyro who Jackett states can play up front, and the return of Sigurdarson leads to the fact the Afobe money will remain in Morgans back pocket and nothing will be spent of it.

So, I reckon we will sign 1 utter $#@!e WFT are you signing him for striker and a cheap one that in 6 months time we getting bids of £10m for.

ALF will be signed on a permanent deal and Bright will step up to the bench so that will be three forwards with our "new signing" Siggy... Dicko back for next season. No new signing will come in to replace Benik.
God I feel depressed writing that

Back