• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Winter Improvement Thread (aka Winter Squad Weakening Thread and TWF Suicide Watch)

In that lacklustre season though I think we finished 7th. People felt we underachieved, but the play offs were still achievable.

On a separate note, does anyone know if Arsenal have a sell on?

I think I'm done with football now, so disillusioned on hearing this news...

In that lacklustre season though I think we finished 7th. People felt we underachieved, but the play offs were still achievable.

On a separate note, does anyone know if Arsenal have a sell on?

I was told 25%. Don't know whether it's true or not.

I've got to be honest I've thought this was on the cards ever since Moxey's pathetic "nobody gave us credit for keeping him in the summer" line at the FP.

I think Batth ought to be stripped of the captaincy for that Tweet. Whatever else he is first and foremost captain of Wolverhampton Wanderers, taking sideways swipes at the manager in public is juvenile and unbecoming of the privilege. Jackett will be aware of this Tweet and he can either strip him of the captaincy in a show of authority/ill discipline or he'll be walked over forever more. I don't for a second believe Jackett should have any sense of infallibility but certain things should be addressed privately. I dont mean it in a sense of relegation but the only way is down from here.

Problem is that if we strip Batth of captaincy then Jackett risks leaving himself exposed to a similar situation that McCarthy had when he gave RoJo the captain band.

I'd wager that it'd end up being worse as a lot of the players have grown up together through the academy and Batth has led most of these players for at least 3 years otherwise....

Doesn't look like Jackett can have much time left in all circumstances

(1) not doing anything to Batth is showing that he's lost the dressing room
(2) stripping batth of captaincy can lead to a RoJo/Henry dressing room fracture that was key in McCarthy's downfall
(3) he probably won't survive till april unless he manages to inject the afobe sale successfully (which he has done before eg Dicko for Griffiths/Afobe last year) but even then that hinges on the issues with Batth on twitter....

The numerous updates on the Benik transfer situation has screamed we're happy to listen to offers if they come in, too.

I'm gutted. Yes it's good money, but I've got little to no faith in our recruitment team to get replacements in.

With Morgan washing his hands of the football club, who would have accepted a bid for our best forward? Moxey, I presume.

Either way I just cannot understand why we are selling Afobe. If the club has any ambition we need to build a team around our better players, not sell them.

Given the mediocrity in this league it is not beyond the realms of fantasy that 'this system' that KJ is currently using couldn't be honed and tweaked and in some insane way push us even further up the table. Forget the Bournemouth style of play it really is becoming the style that KJ learned under Taylor. A couple of astute signings (yes I know this is Wolves) and sometimes the truth is stranger than fiction.

I was told 25%. Don't know whether it's true or not.
Thanks, that'll be on profit so if £10m then £2m to them, leaving us with 8.

So if that wasn't given to the manager that makes the club worth about £6.5m more that it was yesterday assuming we don't spend the money.

I said last weekend I'd be ok with a sale IF the vast majority went on recruitment and IF we spent it well, so I'm principle I'm OK with it......unfortunately I don't believe in either of those if's though

Agree frank. And I have no faith in how that money would be spent even if we do

My guess with all the press coverage on Siggy being back and "like a new signing" he will lead the line for now. Desperately disappointing news, sad times at the Wolves.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

Looks like the players are trying to force Moxey into a change of manager then...

Good. I would bet that these players have already voiced their concerns to the hapless Thelwell and CEO of the millennia without success. And I'd bet every agent of those players has been informed that they aren't happy too.

Moxey needs to grow a pair and sack this man.

I was the other side of the ground, but Henry ran over to the bench/manager to celebrate when he scored against Reading - didn't the squad follow suit? Can anyone confirm if this was the case? If so, a lot seems to have changed in a very short space of time. The effort being put in on the pitch doesn't equate to a lost dressing room, but there does seem to be a dissatisfaction at Jed being loaned out, and now Afobe is off too.

With Morgan washing his hands of the football club, who would have accepted a bid for our best forward? Moxey, I presume.

Either way I just cannot understand why we are selling Afobe. If the club has any ambition we need to build a team around our better players, not sell them.

Morgan owns the club 100%, this will have been his decision. Whether it came with a recommendation from Moxey or Jackett is speculative.

Morgan owns the club 100%, this will have been his decision. Whether it came with a recommendation from Moxey or Jackett is speculative.

Thank you. And many people will be asking whether Morgan will pocket the money from the sale of Afobe. Though I am sure he will not.

I think I'm done with football now, so disillusioned on hearing this news...

Me too. Can't fathom who we're going to sign to replace him. If anyone. Nobody springs to mind.
Drama queens, one player out the door and giving up on the sport, talk about an overreaction.

If Wolves start playing in a way that would've suited then you'd think ALF will be decent enough for the rest of the season, he can offer similar goal threat. Then you've got Dicko to return next season and he's been successful up top on his own before now.

If there was enough ambition, doubtful, could be worth enquiring about Bamford perhaps. He could potentially be this January's Afobe after his failure at Palace.

I'd wager that Afobe wants out.

Good. I would bet that these players have already voiced their concerns to the hapless Thelwell and CEO of the millennia without success. And I'd bet every agent of those players has been informed that they aren't happy too.

Moxey needs to grow a pair and sack this man.

Any newcomer worth his salt may actually see those who dissented as surplus to his requirements because they're aren't good enough. Its laughable - none of those players are in a position to criticise. The first out should be Moxey. He hasn't earned the right to cast judgment and sack anybody.

Back