• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Winter Improvement Thread (aka Winter Squad Weakening Thread and TWF Suicide Watch)

Drama queens, one player out the door and giving up on the sport, talk about an overreaction.

If Wolves start playing in a way that would've suited then you'd think ALF will be decent enough for the rest of the season, he can offer similar goal threat. Then you've got Dicko to return next season and he's been successful up top on his own before now.

If there was enough ambition, doubtful, could be worth enquiring about Bamford perhaps. He could potentially be this January's Afobe after his failure at Palace.

Shut up you prick

I'd wager that Afobe wants out.

I think his head got turned by Norwich - he was pretty under par for a long time, even when we weren't playing so negatively. I imagine it's six of one and half a dozen of the other, to be honest.

Drama queens, one player out the door and giving up on the sport, talk about an overreaction.

If Wolves start playing in a way that would've suited then you'd think ALF will be decent enough for the rest of the season, he can offer similar goal threat. Then you've got Dicko to return next season and he's been successful up top on his own before now.

If there was enough ambition, doubtful, could be worth enquiring about Bamford perhaps. He could potentially be this January's Afobe after his failure at Palace.

Isn't Bamford going into the Chelsea squad for 2nd half of the season.

Fuck off Wolves. Stick your early bird where the sun doesn't shine.

Mimicking your managers sayings or mannerisms doesn't mean you dislike him or don't buy in to his ideas, there is so much context to that that we might not know. I didn't immediately read it as having a dig but more having a laugh.

We'll see. You're probably right. I'm more disillusioned by a pretty rubbish season: including us being put up for sale which has been a catalyst behind some recent decisions. If we get an able replacement then I'm more than happy to be proven wrong: I suppose the club hasn't done too badly at recruiting players for relatively little in the past couple of years.

If we're looking to emulate the WBA model then Thelwell should already have Afobe's replacement lined up.

Cyberman unfortunately called the whole thing back in September. I wish however you were all laughing and saying what a twat I am.
Let's go get Washington and Anglo from Peterborough. They will cost peanut's but would increase our attacking threat. Thanks Benin all the best. Hope to see you in the premier league

Mimicking your managers sayings or mannerisms doesn't mean you dislike him or don't buy in to his ideas, there is so much context to that that we might not know. I didn't immediately read it as having a dig but more having a laugh.

I would say Batth's was taking the piss and comes across as something they have been ribbing KJ about in training. However with fans seemingly on edge, it doesn't take much for it kick off. The tweet being a prime example. However it was meant (light hearted or sly dig) players shouldn't be using social media to do these type of things.

To me, what is more worrying is that it suggests that a new owner is a long way off. If it was close there is no way we'd be selling our best player.

Don't be smug. Not now.

Really pissed off.

I wasn't being . Stating fact is a lot different from smug. Just as pissed off as you but probably not as surprised or shocked. It has been like watching a car crash in slow motion since the summer and did not take much deductive genius to predict the likely outcome

Fuck em. Let them get on with it. Past caring about spending my money to turn up any more.

To me, what is more worrying is that it suggests that a new owner is a long way off. If it was close there is no way we'd be selling our best player.

What if Afobe has indicated he wants to leave?

Although, I do think we will be sat in June wondering who our owner will be as we see pics of Iorfa holding up a Derby shirt with Prem League badges on.

I was the other side of the ground, but Henry ran over to the bench/manager to celebrate when he scored against Reading - didn't the squad follow suit? Can anyone confirm if this was the case? If so, a lot seems to have changed in a very short space of time. The effort being put in on the pitch doesn't equate to a lost dressing room, but there does seem to be a dissatisfaction at Jed being loaned out, and now Afobe is off too.

He ran over to celebrate with his family who were sat behind the dugouts. They'd apparently been giving him stick for not scoring enough headed goals or something along those lines. Ken just stood there awkwardly.

Shut up you prick
Well that was called for.
Isn't Bamford going into the Chelsea squad for 2nd half of the season.
I imagine that may have been the idea but can't see why they'd bother now, not like he's proved he can make a difference at their level. Suppose they could view their botched season as a chance to blood him but they could also bring some new faces in to make amends and bin off someone like Bamford to make room.
We'll see. You're probably right. I'm more disillusioned by a pretty rubbish season: including us being put up for sale which has been a catalyst behind some recent decisions. If we get an able replacement then I'm more than happy to be proven wrong: I suppose the club hasn't done too badly at recruiting players for relatively little in the past couple of years.

If we're looking to emulate the WBA model then Thelwell should already have Afobe's replacement lined up.
I think the recruitment track record is the bigger worry than the sale itself, Afobe doesn't look irreplaceable to me but not sure you could trust Thelwell's team yo replace the loo roll.

What if Afobe has indicated he wants to leave?

Although, I do think we will be sat in June wondering who our owner will be as we see pics of Iorfa holding up a Derby shirt with Prem League badges on.

I'm sure if a new owner was coming it would fairly easy to talk him in to staying with the new plans, etc.

Back