• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Winter Improvement Thread (aka Winter Squad Weakening Thread and TWF Suicide Watch)

All we need to do is find someone emotionally invested enough to do that.

In case you didn't hear, Steve Morgan wants out. Your arguments are not making any sense lately.

In case you cant read all the posts on the subject I will summarise- I am backing and touting for a billionaire and I was asking for investment for the last 2 seasons and you and others told me that it doesnt happen and quote " NO ONE IN THEN CHAMPIONSHIP WILL PUT 20 MILLION IN" Well there are three owners who completely disagree with that. Speculate to accumulate seems to be their motto so obviously 140 million in the premier is worth 30-40 million in the championship to the owners of those clubs. Come on DW dont be sarcy. All my summer fears have come home to roost and you know it. We are rudderless, in danger of losing our best asset because we didnt invest. Blame for that lies on SMs door. I reckon he knew when he was going and he knew last year he was going before the parachute payments ended.

From Tim 2:
Strongly believed that Bournemouth are willing to stump up £12m for Afobe. Wolves would surely find that very hard to reject. #wwfc

Bournemouth clearly splashing the cash around; either by design or desperation to avoid FFP sanctions if they fall back into the Championship?

I'd obviously be gutted but I'd find it very hard to be disappointed with either Wolves or Afobe if that deal went through. Benik must be so pissed off about how this season has gone.

From Tim 2:
Strongly believed that Bournemouth are willing to stump up £12m for Afobe. Wolves would surely find that very hard to reject. #wwfc

Bournemouth clearly splashing the cash around; either by design or desperation to avoid FFP sanctions if they fall back into the Championship?

They wouldn't need to if they had Wilson but he's out long term and is the other striker King... I'd splash out sharpish too.

We're talking about a striker that is meant to be worth £15m. I really can't see any team valuing at over £8m in the summer.

Yes, and you could put a striker worth 30m and Ken would contrive to make him look a cunt too.

Couldn't argue with £12m if they're willing to pay it to be honest.

He's not going to end up being worth much more than that whatever he does in this division and we're not going to be in a higher division next year where his value could increase again if he continued to perform.

I'd obviously be gutted but I'd find it very hard to be disappointed with either Wolves or Afobe if that deal went through. Benik must be so pissed off about how this season has gone.

Its the way of football. Heads get turned and money talks. It speaks volumes for our business strategy that Bournemouth are interested in buying our best asset for twice our highest ever transfer fee. Yes 100% more than we have ever paid for anyone and bloody Bournemouth can afford to do that with a postage stamp ground and 11000 supporters.

Please excuse me if the whole situation around this season leaves me completely gutted and aching for a turnaround and soon.

In case you cant read all the posts on the subject I will summarise- I am backing and touting for a billionaire and I was asking for investment for the last 2 seasons and you and others told me that it doesnt happen and quote " NO ONE IN THEN CHAMPIONSHIP WILL PUT 20 MILLION IN" Well there are three owners who completely disagree with that. Speculate to accumulate seems to be their motto so obviously 140 million in the premier is worth 30-40 million in the championship to the owners of those clubs. Come on DW dont be sarcy. All my summer fears have come home to roost and you know it. We are rudderless, in danger of losing our best asset because we didnt invest. Blame for that lies on SMs door. I reckon he knew when he was going and he knew last year he was going before the parachute payments ended.

Ace. All we need to do is find an owner who loves Wolves and wants to spend that money. Simple.

Who knows, but you'd imagine a few of the fringe players are getting a bit disillusioned with Jackett's late sub and Edwards still on the pitch when admitting he's struggling to run around anymore.
Now Baath chipping in on Twitter "Can you be powerful?" Surely aimed at Jackett??

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

That's an odd thing to tweet - I agree a bit of a dig at KJ?

Morgan and Jackett appear to have turned us into a feeder club for Bournemouth. A remarkable achievement

I've lost all faith in the hapless bunch that manage WWFC. It's beyond pathetic. It's all been on a 'shoestring' with second-rate managers and players. We were once (a long time ago) a force to be reckoned with and we had our chances recently, in the top division, but we didn't invest in quality and look where we are, now. I cannot stop being a Wolves supporter, but I am losing interest. Jackett is like a bloody ostrich, spouting all this positive, constructive crap, whilst we produce total dross. Morgan cares only about money and ditto Moxey. WWFC is a 'job', not a passion. Football is full of mercenaries, today and we are stuck with that, until the bottom drops out. However, I'd prefer more committed and intelligent mercenaries to the clowns that we currently have. I don't expect we'll sign anyone (bar a teenager or a lower-league gamble, if that) and Afobe would be a mug to remain with us, whilst Jackett is spoiling his game. Depressing!

I've lost all faith in the hapless bunch that manage WWFC. It's beyond pathetic. It's all been on a 'shoestring' with second-rate managers and players. We were once (a long time ago) a force to be reckoned with and we had our chances recently, in the top division, but we didn't invest in quality and look where we are, now. I cannot stop being a Wolves supporter, but I am losing interest. Jackett is like a bloody ostrich, spouting all this positive, constructive crap, whilst we produce total dross. Morgan cares only about money and ditto Moxey. WWFC is a 'job', not a passion. Football is full of mercenaries, today and we are stuck with that, until the bottom drops out. However, I'd prefer more committed and intelligent mercenaries to the clowns that we currently have. I don't expect we'll sign anyone (bar a teenager or a lower-league gamble, if that) and Afobe would be a mug to remain with us, whilst Jackett is spoiling his game. Depressing!

Good. Not just me then

The best we can hope for is that Wallace does brilliantly at Millwall and forces his way into KJs plans. Afobe going makes sense for Bournemouth and him, I can't see us turning down £10m+ in our current position. As I've said before we'll be stuck in mid table limbo until the ownership gets sorted out, we're no going anywhere with Jackett in charge and they won't get rid of him unless absolutely necessary I wouldn't have thought.

Blimey, Nathan Byrne at it too. Tweeted him 'can you run 18k a game'

Not showing up for me - can you do a screen grab?
939aa3b04fad6463e1b65dda3edc0f04.jpg

Back