• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Winter Improvement Thread (aka Winter Squad Weakening Thread and TWF Suicide Watch)

How powerful is Dervite though?

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

I wouldn't mind Moxey so much but I'd prefer Husband. I hope it's just agents linking us with players in the press to get the a move as nothing is exactly inspiring or what we need at the moment.

I would like to see us get Williamson but equally we should be interested in 5 or 6 CB's to create a bit of a market we can control. It all seems desperate at the moment and that's the worst place to be.

Two votes for our captain. And sadly now he's 25 his pace isn't going to improve...

I wouldn't mind Moxey so much but I'd prefer Husband. I hope it's just agents linking us with players in the press to get the a move as nothing is exactly inspiring or what we need at the moment.

I would like to see us get Williamson but equally we should be interested in 5 or 6 CB's to create a bit of a market we can control. It all seems desperate at the moment and that's the worst place to be.

I think Husband went somewhere yesterday? Sure i saw his name.

Edit: gone to huddersfield.

Not particularly impressed with the names we've been linked with thus far.

hi hi, you're not impressed? I've never heard of any of them. What, if anything has gone wrong with the Williamson tranfer? clearly i have missed something here.

The use of the fire-sale is a common theme in Moxey's world. I don't like it one bit. The ability to identify, sign and build a progressive team of players that appreciate isn't there. Not impressed with any player that we have been linked with.

What, if anything has gone wrong with the Williamson tranfer? clearly i have missed something here.

Nothing, standard flapping about based on unsubstantiated chatter. He isn't even fit at the moment so there's no rush to bring him in. I'm not even that fussed about him, I'm sure we could find someone at least as good with a bit more of a future (Dervite is not in that category, he is mince).

hi hi, you're not impressed? I've never heard of any of them. What, if anything has gone wrong with the Williamson tranfer? clearly i have missed something here.

Looks like he's going to Sheffield Wednesday.

The Daily Star reported that Sheffield Wednesday might be interested and everyone is panicking like the sky has fallen in. Nothing to substantiate it at all yet.

If his main aim is to play football, I suspect he'll come if we really want him.
If he wants a last mega money deal, I suspect SW will get him.

He's ok, no more. It's another transfer that's far too short term imo. I appreciate we need a blend of experience with youth, but is williamson too experienced (ie too old)? Possibly.

Dervite is dogshite. We should run away.

I'd suspect that we will have other CB irons in the fire. Our options may be affected by Hauses recovery.

E&S links us with Dervite and Moxey - surely the wrong players we should be looking to nab from Notlob?

Wholeheartedly agree. Possibly bigger suitors up for the players I'd hope we'd be looking at though.

We could do worse than Liam Moore from Leicester. Good in this division at least and young enough to improve.

You're not impressed with being linked to McNair?

Jesus.

Hardly anything to get particularly excited about is he?

Nothing, standard flapping about based on unsubstantiated chatter. He isn't even fit at the moment so there's no rush to bring him in. I'm not even that fussed about him, I'm sure we could find someone at least as good with a bit more of a future (Dervite is not in that category, he is mince).

We need someone to come in and organise the back 4, Williamson has proven that he can do that. We night be able to get someone younger in but if they aren't capable of organising the defence then there's no real point in them. The likes of Batth, Iorfa, Hause, Golbourne have all at one point or another proven that they're good defenders but we need a smarter player in next to them as they're not showing anywhere near their full potential atm.

FWIW I doubt Sheffield Wednesday are interested in Williamson anyway as CB is their strongest position. He probably wouldn't even get a game if he went there.

Back