• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Winter Improvement Thread (aka Winter Squad Weakening Thread and TWF Suicide Watch)

KJ on Zyro - He’s definitely an option behind the front man, his heading ability, his physique, that’s definitely a possibility as a number 10.

Sums KJ up. A possible #10 because he's a big lad. Cock off.

KJ on Bjorn - He won a few headers, showed some power

This power thing is getting out of hand.

KJ wanting power and heading ability so we can hoof it up to the front men presumably. Great stuff.

Pienaar is way too injury prone nowadays.

I love the fact KJ acknowledges the majority of Zyro's first team football has been as a winger, then bangs on about him being a number 10. More power!

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

I'm so excited about all of this power. Now is the time to sign Akinfenwa if ever there was.

Is Blackman really that good? And where does he fit into their front line? They already have Weimann who cost them £3m on their bench and Bent who is on massive wages. They've also just signed Abdou Camara from Angers (who we were linked with) for £1.5m too. Crazy stuff.

One of the Reading lot just put a post up on FF with Blackmans record vs Simon Church:

Church 104 Apps 22 goals
Blackman 103 Apps 18 goals...

KJ on Bjorn - He won a few headers, showed some power

This power thing is getting out of hand.
Agreed. Worried that he's been to some sort of motivational speaker or something, and is sticking posters up with such phrases round the club.

On Agbonlahor, good lord no thanks! Pienaar is pretty much finished now I suspect, a shame as he was a very creative player and that is the type of player we need. What would worry me is KJ would probably play him wide left, drop Graham & keep Henry in the team...

Agreed. Worried that he's been to some sort of motivational speaker or something, and is sticking posters up with such phrases round the club.

God forbid. Saw an interview with Saunders when he was at Donny. Moronic motivational posters all over. Knew he was an idiot from that moment.

"There's no I in team."
"No, Dean, but there is a U in cunt."

One of the Reading lot just put a post up on FF with Blackmans record vs Simon Church:

Church 104 Apps 22 goals
Blackman 103 Apps 18 goals...

They don't seem bothered about losing him at all.

They would've let him go for nothing in the summer so they're looking at this as £2M+ gained. Plus he seems to be one of those players who gets shoehorned into the team at the expense of others around him.

One name to keep an eye on is Aaron Collins, a young striker at Newport, presumably to go into our development setup.

Would love Pienaar here. Intelligent footballer and would be a level above what we currently have. Not sure he'd drop to our level or accept any kind of package we put in front of him either. Same with Williamson - would love him back but it appears we can't afford him.

Both players would offer much needed experience and quality to our squad and starting 11.

I'm sure that we could afford Williamson. It's whether we are prepared to spend I would imagine.

One name to keep an eye on is Aaron Collins, a young striker at Newport, presumably to go into our development setup.
Seems to be getting some regular game time from off the bench for them, so unlikely to be for the first team. Would make more sense loaning him back to them for the rest of the season than putting him in our U21's where we already have Bright, Ennis and Wilson

Looks like Ojo is going back to Liverpool for good today. There may be a player in there, but not what we need at the moment

Wolves ‏@OfficialWolves · 22m22 minutes ago
BREAKING | @sheyi_ojo to return to Liverpool as loan spell is ended - story to follow.

Brilliant news. It's an absolute disgrace that Jackett ever picked this guy over Jordan Graham. 19 appearances he made, what a ****ing waste of game time that was.

E&S links us with Dervite and Moxey - surely the wrong players we should be looking to nab from Notlob?

Back