• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Winter Improvement Thread (aka Winter Squad Weakening Thread and TWF Suicide Watch)

The best part of the whole Wallace situation is Moxey saying we payed considerably more than the 250k that was going around.

Which suggests he was a key early summer target.

The E&S should ask him why we bought Wallace and then not give him a run in the side. Shocking management.

Maybe it's just turned out that he's not as good as they thought?

Maybe it's just turned out that he's not as good as they thought?
They must have seen something or else they wouldn't have bought him. If I was Moxey I would want to know why waste the money.

They must have seen something or else they wouldn't have bought him. If I was Moxey I would want to know why waste the money.

They saw something in League 2, sometimes people just don't make the step up. Moxey has been in football long enough to realise that not every signing is going to be a success.

They saw something in League 2, sometimes people just don't make the step up. Moxey has been in football long enough to realise that not every signing is going to be a success.

He's not had the chance to make the step up. Other than Afobe, has Jackett actually brought in a player that hasn't been forced on him through injuries?

He's not had the chance to make the step up. Other than Afobe, has Jackett actually brought in a player that hasn't been forced on him through injuries?

Matchday isn't his only chance to prove himself though is it?

If you signed a player from a lower league and he looked out of his depth in training then why would you gamble on chucking him in the first team on Saturday and hope he somehow got better?

Well if that's the case, they have bought a lazy player who doesn't train well, that's a massive fail on the scouting profiling. I still believe he needs a chance and that won't happen unless injuries occur to certain first team players. For Wallace to have been signed and not used in this way, it's hard to get excited by anyone coming in, will Zyko get treated the same?

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Matchday isn't his only chance to prove himself though is it?

If you signed a player from a lower league and he looked out of his depth in training then why would you gamble on chucking him in the first team on Saturday and hope he somehow got better?

Yes, matchday is the time to prove yourself, but Jackett's use of substitutions or lack of it, means they have very little chance to prove themselves off the bench, which is when fringe players usually get their chance to shine.

Well if that's the case, they have bought a lazy player who doesn't train well, that's a massive fail on the scouting profiling. I still believe he needs a chance and that won't happen unless injuries occur to certain first team players. For Wallace to have been signed and not used in this way, it's hard to get excited by anyone coming in, will Zyko get treated the same?

He might not be lazy, he might just be shit. No Wolves supporter has seen enough of him at this point to have any idea if he's a failure on the part of scouting/recruitment picking out a dud or Jackett failing to utilise a player.

Yes, matchday is the time to prove yourself, but Jackett's use of substitutions or lack of it, means they have very little chance to prove themselves off the bench, which is when fringe players usually get their chance to shine.

You can't just be gifting out first team chances though, if he's not cutting it in training they why would you throw him on in a game? Players have to earn those opportunities and then they can try to make the most of it when they're given some competitive action.

He might not be lazy, he might just be shit. No Wolves supporter has seen enough of him at this point to have any idea if he's a failure on the part of scouting/recruitment picking out a dud or Jackett failing to utilise a player.

You can't just be gifting out first team chances though, if he's not cutting it in training they why would you throw him on in a game? Players have to earn those opportunities and then they can try to make the most of it when they're given some competitive action.

He shouldn't be on the bench at all then.

It's impossible to write Wallace off until Jackett actually uses him properly or ships him out on loan somewhere. We signed him pretty quickly after the season finished IIRC so he must have been a player we had identified as a key signing. As with Graham & Byrne, KJ seems reluctant to give them a run in the team unless he is forced too.

I still feel he could of had 5 or ten minutes here and there. Games where not all subs are used and players flagging, I just find it disappointing not to have seen more of him. If Ojo was given opportunities why not Wallace? It can't just be due to slacking in training or else that's not saying a lot about other of the squads players who struggle to get in the team. From what little I have seen of Bryne for example he's been no worse than Henry or Ojo, if not better in some aspects. I just feel certain players always get priority no matter their match day performances, is this because they are immense in training? Who knows.

It's impossible to write Wallace off until Jackett actually uses him properly or ships him out on loan somewhere. We signed him pretty quickly after the season finished IIRC so he must have been a player we had identified as a key signing. As with Graham & Byrne, KJ seems reluctant to give them a run in the team unless he is forced too.

We had to sign him quickly, half the Championship were after him. Very highly rated player.

As I alluded to yesterday I think it's his lack of physicality that's stopping Ken giving him a chance.

Linked with Dorian Dervite :jpshakehead:

Well I hope that's bollocks. Awful defender and similar to what we already have.

Good grief no. Awful footballer nowadays.

Back