• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Winter Improvement Thread (aka Winter Squad Weakening Thread and TWF Suicide Watch)

Burnley & Sheffield Wednesday both in for Alan Judge. We could do worse than a cheeky offer for him.

Burnley also in for Tarkowski (had a £2.3M bid turned down), he'd be a massive improvement on any of our central defenders IMO.

Do we need another wide/AM option?

Zyro
Graham
Wallace
Byrne
Henry
Edwards
VLP

Burnley & Sheffield Wednesday both in for Alan Judge. We could do worse than a cheeky offer for him.

Burnley also in for Tarkowski (had a £2.3M bid turned down), he'd be a massive improvement on any of our central defenders IMO.

Out of our price range with current budgets

Judge is brilliant. Superb numbers so far this season.

Judge is brilliant. Superb numbers so far this season.

My problem is this with our management. You cannot tell me Alan Judge is a better footballer than Michael Jacobs. One was given a chance and one wasn't. Zero, none, kein, nada starts in his position last season.

Do we need another wide/AM option?

Zyro
Graham
Wallace
Byrne
Henry
Edwards
VLP

van La Parra wont ever play for us again, Edwards is shite, Henry not much better, if Wallace was going to get any game time it surely would've happened by now and Ken clearly doesn't rate Byrne that highly...

Judge is class, we should definitely be interested IMO.

We should have gone in for Tarkowski when he was at Oldham, even then his class was obvious.

I don't think Judge would join us. If KJ doesn't give Jed Wallace a proper opportunity I will be appalled. The guy has a lot of class about him, he can shoot, he can dribble, he can spot on pass and he works very hard. You can't judge him by a game he played out on the left wing away at one of the best teams in the division, or a half in his actual position when we just decided to boot the ball over his head, it just isn't good enough.

And why buy him when you did exactly the same as you did with Jacobs? Madness.

Winter Improvement Thread 2015/2016

Problem is Ken tends to buy upgrades, but doesn't seem to give them a chance over Edwards. Not sure there's much point in buying another, given that especially Wallace hasn't been given a chance.

Edit - ninja'd much more eloquently by Young.

The best part of the whole Wallace situation is Moxey saying we payed considerably more than the 250k that was going around.

van La Parra wont ever play for us again, Edwards is $#@!e, Henry not much better, if Wallace was going to get any game time it surely would've happened by now and Ken clearly doesn't rate Byrne that highly...

If Bjorn can make his way back into the team, anyone can.

I'm with Dan here, we need to use our money elsewhere.

van La Parra wont ever play for us again, Edwards is shite, Henry not much better, if Wallace was going to get any game time it surely would've happened by now and Ken clearly doesn't rate Byrne that highly...

Aye, some of them are crap (the more favoured ones, sadly). Just we have so many options there I don't see us committing serious funds in that area. I'd rather us sign a left back if Scotty G is done, Doherty is no answer.

I sound horribly bitter when I talk about Jacobs and that's because I am. A quality footballer frozen out for no reason in favour of a no skill alternative.

If Bjorn can make his way back into the team, anyone can.

I think Rajiv is talented but he's well and truly burnt his bridges IMO. Look at the way Ken treated Evans & Griffiths. As soon as Leigh made it clear he wanted to move back north and his heart wasn't at Wolves he was benched in favour of two clearly inferior strikers (Doyle & Cassidy), Evans retweeted one comment from his brother about being left out of the team and we haven't seen him since. Rajiv has made it clear he doesn't want to come back here (can't blame him personally), Ken wont stand that.

We should have gone in for Tarkowski when he was at Oldham, even then his class was obvious.

I don't think Judge would join us. If KJ doesn't give Jed Wallace a proper opportunity I will be appalled. The guy has a lot of class about him, he can shoot, he can dribble, he can spot on pass and he works very hard. You can't judge him by a game he played out on the left wing away at one of the best teams in the division, or a half in his actual position when we just decided to boot the ball over his head, it just isn't good enough.

And why buy him when you did exactly the same as you did with Jacobs? Madness.

Talking of van La Parra, looking back I feel he got chance after chance in our first team mainly because of his athleticism. Players like Jacobs, Wallace, Price, Graham, Golbourne & Byrne are never going to get the benefit of the doubt in a KJ team as they aren't physically dominant.

Aye, some of them are crap (the more favoured ones, sadly). Just we have so many options there I don't see us committing serious funds in that area. I'd rather us sign a left back if Scotty G is done, Doherty is no answer.

I sound horribly bitter when I talk about Jacobs and that's because I am. A quality footballer frozen out for no reason in favour of a no skill alternative.

Aye, left back is the first position I'd look to upgrade upon (after we sign Williamson). I don't trust any of the current options at all. I do feel attacking mid is still an area we need to upgrade upon though, Judge, Dack, Pritchard, Jota... These are the type of players I'd be bidding for, whether on loan or permanent.

When did Rajiv say he didn't want to come back?

I want Wallace given a proper go at 10 before we sign anyone else there. Although Ken's idea of a 10 and my idea of a 10 obviously differ. I prefer mine to not control the ball straight out of play. I have my funny little ways like that.

Barring a centre back (Williamson) I really don't think we need any more players. We have plenty of quality through the team and if we need a LB then go and get one.

Jackett's return to playing football is the change the players need and if he can't..... well we've been down that road.

No reason? Attitude and lateness are two reasons.

Back