• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Winter Improvement Thread (aka Winter Squad Weakening Thread and TWF Suicide Watch)

With the current squad or at least how that squad is being utilised we will miss out this year. I'd be surprised if anyone thinks we will make the play offs this year as things stand. Add 4 quality players whilst losing one increases our chances in my view, but as I say I don't think it will happen.

TBH I don't think we need to sell to get those 4 players. Zyro, Willo, Cummings/Washington/Bradshaw, New LB. Shouldn't cost the world and personnel wise I don't think we need much more than that.

We had more than all summer to look for a replacement for Sako. Still couldn't manage it, and have resorted to a kid from the U21s

There was no January window when McGhee was here, we bought those players in March.

We signed Collins, McIndoe, Kightly, Ward and Keogh in January 2007, although three of them were already here on loan.

There was no January window when McGhee was here, we bought those players in March.

We signed Collins, McIndoe, Kightly, Ward and Keogh in January 2007, although three of them were already here on loan.
I knew you would know ;-)

We are within 7 points of the playoffs and will have our run in the second half of last season in mind...no way we are going to weaken our squad till the summer

We need to try Evans and Saville and if their form/attitude isn't up to it by now, it probably never will be and so should be binned so we can bring in a decent CM to compete with Kmac/Price/Coady

Yeah it was right before the Arsenal semi I think their debut was at home to Pompey.

I'd still like us to sign Dack, i know he's another midfielder but i think he's better than what we have got. Look at his goal yesterday, his little 1-2 with Donnelly for the second and his scoop for the 3rd. I don't see anyone here who does that and i know it's league 1 but he stands out a mile.

I'd still like us to sign Dack, i know he's another midfielder but i think he's better than what we have got. Look at his goal yesterday, his little 1-2 with Donnelly for the second and his scoop for the 3rd. I don't see anyone here who does that and i know it's league 1 but he stands out a mile.

Not powerful enough for Ken.

Can we sign his manager as well?

Looks a cracking player but so did Wallace and we never play him.

Dack looks a no-brainer to me (and his gaffer) but as DW says, what's the point of signing them if Ken gives them 45 minutes in their proper position in half a season?

Looks a cracking player but so did Wallace and we never play him.
Give him a chance and Wallace could be a cracking player for us. KJ not giving him a run of games frustrates me almost as much as Byrne being criminally underused and the fact that Graham wasn't deemed good enough for the first 3 months of the season despite being miles better than every other player Ken stuck out on the left.

Give him a chance and Wallace could be a cracking player for us. KJ not giving him a run of games frustrates me almost as much as Byrne being criminally underused and the fact that Graham wasn't deemed good enough for the first 3 months of the season despite being miles better than every other player Ken stuck out on the left.

Agree that Graham has been the best of those used, but do feel that he needed that loan to get a bit used to 'adult' football - not sure that he would have done as well if he had been thrown straight in

Agree that Graham has been the best of those used, but do feel that he needed that loan to get a bit used to 'adult' football - not sure that he would have done as well if he had been thrown straight in

He played like 5/6 games for Oxford, i don't think that would have made any difference what so ever. He's just good enough and our manager should have seen that.

He played like 5/6 games for Oxford, i don't think that would have made any difference what so ever. He's just good enough and our manager should have seen that.

There is a difference in first team football from U21's at whatever level - there will be older/harder/more cynical players he will have been up against.

Those games will have helped, though agree that putting him straight in wouldn't have hurt on this occasion - problem for a Manager is whether they can cope immediately - Kenny is cautious & would have taken that sort of route

Baffles me that we even signed Ojo. He sees Graham every day in training, he won player of the tournament at that U19 thing we won in the summer, pretty obvious that Graham is a better player and further down the development scale. As for playing Edwards, Henry, VLP and Wallace there, all out of position, words fail me.

Back