• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Winter Improvement Thread (aka Winter Squad Weakening Thread and TWF Suicide Watch)

What do you know? Have you seen him play?

Many times. It's clear that he's reasonably talented but he's only ever proved it at that level. Not someone who could come in and instantly improve our first team.

£250k fee agreed for Williamson and discussing personal terms according to someone from Sky.

Seemed a "good fit" for us when on loan and at that price hardly a gamble (depending on what wages he wants

Doubt we'd be prepared to pay any where near that in fact 15k would be a lot for a failed Prem, 30+ CB

£15k would put him at or near the top of the list of earners at the club, but hey, it's cheaper than what we were probably paying Stearman...

Is he still injured from when he went back to Newcastle, btw? If he's fit I'd imagine he'll go straight in in place of EEL for the first game he's eligible for (the Fulham game, I believe).

He's got another fortnight or so to go, so I'd imagine available for Cardiff or QPR.

No-one else is going to offer him an especially lucrative contract.

As he hasn't requested a transfer he'll get a loyalty bonus that will cover the gap between what he was and will be on for the rest of the season I'd have thought. After that 15k per week is a good deal for him

Back