• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Winter Improvement Thread (aka Winter Squad Weakening Thread and TWF Suicide Watch)

Aims for January: Keep Afobe/Iorfa/Graham; Sign Williamson, a left back if Golbourne isn't going to be played, recall Evans or sign an attacking midfielder on loan if Wallace isn't going to be played. Oh and get Afobe and Le Fondre scoring for fun.

I know it's a massive long shot but is there any chance of us getting our hands on Bamford with him going back to Chelsea? I'd imagine every club in the league will be after him.

Surely he has to get another PL loan if he's going anywhere. Absolutely nothing to prove in this league any more.

Chelsea might keep him as Falcao is finished and Remy is injury prone and permanently offside, and they are their only two options beyond Costa. Not like they have much to aim for this season anyway.

I think are Remy is off to Villa too. But if any team is to go for Bamford I would think Villa, Norwich and Bournemouth are head of the queue as they're all desperate for striking options.

He's been slaughtered by Palace fans.

He's been slaughtered by Palace fans.

On what basis though, would be very harsh to do so on performances, he's played something like 116 minutes.

I can understand why he's fucked off, stuck behind that lug Wickham who has scored one penalty all season FFS.

I know it's a massive long shot but is there any chance of us getting our hands on Bamford with him going back to Chelsea? I'd imagine every club in the league will be after him.

If I was Middlesbrough I would offer a massive loan fee to frighten everyone else off with an agreement to pay an additionally agreed fee upon promotion to the Premier league. Also offering Bamford massive bonuses based on promotion and his performance.

Attitude has been piss poor when he's been on the pitch supposedly. Surely he needs to ask himself why he wasn't getting on the pitch when there's been a glaring hole up top for Palace all season and you'd be playing in front of some excellent midfielders.

Martinez is the better keeper though - not spectacularly better, but all round a bit above, Had a few dodgy games to start with (though being thrown in, pulled out & then thrown back in won't have helped).

As a loan player a worry that we cannot keep, but cannot see that he has a long term future at Arsenal

At his best Ikeme is a solid championship keeper. Martinez is premier quality at his best. Ikeme does not dominate anywhere near enough, does not call early enough, and has only average reflexes when it comes to having to adjust quickly. He also gets beaten from distance far too often and for some reason appears to be "late" to long shots. Perhaps he has poor eyesight? He did really well in league one but has reached his ceiling. Martinez after a shaky start showed why he was considered quality. He also dominates and calls ( apart from one superman moment re Derby). Put him and Williamson in and I think you can recall Goldbourne who appears to need direction when defending. When he gets it he is a decent enough championship left back.

Martinez' distribution alone makes him more important to the team than Ikeme is - we've severely missed it over the last few weeks, and our route one football at the moment is directly traceable to his injury IMO.

ikeme is more than good enough for this division.
i did hear from a player at wolves that the reason martinez was brought in had nothing to do with ikeme's form but because ikeme is felt to be injury prone.

I though Ikeme did pretty well the year we came down from the Champ and in Div 1 and was fine most of last season. He's been poor so far this season but thats no reason to junk him completely. It would be ideal to rest him/play in the reserves atm but we don't really have an option, Think it would be a waste of money buying a keeper atm, rather sign Williamson up on 1 year or find a similar player and I still think we are short in central midfield, maybe not in numbers but in quality

Experienced centre back Experienced centre back Experienced centre back Experienced centre back Experienced centre back Experienced centre back Experienced centre back Experienced centre back Experienced centre back Experienced centre back Experienced centre back Experienced centre back Experienced centre back Experienced centre back Experienced centre back Experienced centre back Experienced centre back Experienced centre back Experienced centre back Experienced centre back Experienced centre back Experienced centre back Experienced centre back Experienced centre back Experienced centre back Experienced centre back Experienced centre back Experienced centre back Experienced centre back Experienced centre back Experienced centre back Experienced centre back Experienced centre back Experienced centre back Experienced centre back Experienced centre back Experienced centre back Experienced centre back Experienced centre back Experienced centre back Experienced centre back Experienced centre back Experienced centre back Experienced centre back

We've been linked again with Jason Cummings of Hibs..

Back