• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Winter Improvement Thread (aka Winter Squad Weakening Thread and TWF Suicide Watch)

Mick McCarthy, compared him to Franz Beckenbauer, such was his immediate impact as ball-playing centre-back at Molineux.

Hahahahahaha

Must admit I chuckled when I read that - pure McCarthyism.

Mancienne was another very promising player but nonetheless became another nobody. I hope Iorfa goes to greater heights than Mancienne. We have to stop conceding goals but I'd settle for a few 4-3's if it means survival.

Jonesy on MolMix saying the Williamson deal is all but done.

Jonesy on MolMix saying the Williamson deal is all but done.

Fingers crossed. A defender and a leader. Please hope for fitness from now on.That will relegate EEL to the reserves again and Hause as back up when fit. Only 4 players to replace now with Doherty, Edwards, Ikeme and Holt lol!

Been linked with Dean Moxey too.

Fingers crossed. A defender and a leader. Please hope for fitness from now on.That will relegate EEL to the reserves again and Hause as back up when fit. Only 4 players to replace now with Doherty, Edwards, Ikeme and Holt lol!

Holt will surely fook off back to Wigan in January and have Siggy and Bright fighting over his shirt (although both of them would be able to fit in it at the same time)

Ikeme will be okay once he can trust his defense again.

The defence has got nothing to do with him fumbling long range shots that are right at him (he had the nerve yesterday as well to claim it was swerving/blame the defence for not closing down). He's every bit as much of a problem at the moment as EEL is, he gets cut a bit more slack though as:

a) He is and always has been massively overrated by Wolves fans who are desperate to see him as Matt Murray Mk II, presumably because he took a couple of crosses well once

b) In fairness, he did show last season that he can be largely competent (no more) at this level. He is in absolutely stinking form of his own though, has been all season, there is no mitigation for that. Not the defence's fault, not the manager's fault. Carl Ikeme's fault.

Martinez is a far better keeper, I would hope he will be back in the team as soon as he's fit. Notwithstanding that we probably can't have him as a long term option unless we get some money from somewhere, we need him in as we can't afford to be playing a goalkeeper who keeps throwing awful goals in, at least until we're not in danger of going down.

I have to say DW, I completely disagree, yes he has been in poor form this season (keeper playing behind one of the worst defences in the league loses form/confidence shocker).
I would say for most of his Wolves career he has been underrated if anything, since he became 1st choice (4 seasons ago?) he has been better than adequate..in fact a decent keeper. If there was an alternative at the moment I would rest him from the first team, but there ain't. But to write him off completely is madness imo

I have to say DW, I completely disagree, yes he has been in poor form this season (keeper playing behind one of the worst defences in the league loses form/confidence shocker).
I would say for most of his Wolves career he has been underrated if anything, since he became 1st choice (4 seasons ago?) he has been better than adequate..in fact a decent keeper. If there was an alternative at the moment I would rest him from the first team, but there ain't. But to write him off completely is madness imo

Martinez is the better keeper though - not spectacularly better, but all round a bit above, Had a few dodgy games to start with (though being thrown in, pulled out & then thrown back in won't have helped).

As a loan player a worry that we cannot keep, but cannot see that he has a long term future at Arsenal

Martinez is the better keeper though - not spectacularly better, but all round a bit above, Had a few dodgy games to start with (though being thrown in, pulled out & then thrown back in won't have helped).

As a loan player a worry that we cannot keep, but cannot see that he has a long term future at Arsenal

I'd accept Martinez is probably the better keeper (although i want that to be proven over a longer period of time) but he's fucked so unless we buy we have to stick with Ikeme

Martinez has genuine quality. There's no comparing Emi & Ikeme IMO.

Weren't we linked with Jon Parr last year? What's he up to?

Back