• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Winter Improvement Thread (aka Winter Squad Weakening Thread and TWF Suicide Watch)

Wow just wow. Never mind we can't defend crosses we wouldn't be able to defend at all with this. Doherty can't defend and will have little to no protection with ALF playing on the right of a front 3, Coady is a midfielder playing next to a centre half that struggles with positioning and one who will be left exposed when the full back next to him goes missing. Iorfa is a full back and whatever he makes up for physically will be outclassed and like a fish out of water playing in front of the back four, he also isn't good enough technically to play there. Kmac and Price aren't exactly known for their attacking and having those 2 as your attacking players centrally from deep would lead to absolutely nothing apart from a midfield that is left wide open.

Apart from that this might work. I don't want to be a condescending prick but this gives an example of why clubs ignore fans a lot of the time because they come up with crazy things like this.

I think it's more a case of fans ignoring the club for teams and formations that have ultimately put us on course for relegation if something doesn't change. What has gone before hasn't worked, even allowing for players in their rightful positions. There is nobody else to pick, no new faces yet and nothing left to try - which is why I'm trying to think outside the box. That back four will very likely concede again plentifully over the next few days. Their confidence is completely shot. There is no magic wand ...

There's reasonable support for having Coady at centre half for the Christmas games - as we have very few other options and EEL is terrible. Not an ideal situation but he'd probably be better than what we've endured over the last fortnight. Playing the worst right back in the league to put our actual right back out of position where he has never played, not once at any level, less so.

There's reasonable support for having Coady at centre half for the Christmas games - as we have very few other options and EEL is terrible. Not an ideal situation but he'd probably be better than what we've endured over the last fortnight. Playing the worst right back in the league to put our actual right back out of position where he has never played, not once at any level, less so.

Fair point but we're fucked if we continue as we are.

Grab your tape measure Johnny, we're off to Carrington!

What official sources are there for players heights? I had a quick Google just now and the ever reliable Wikipedia has him at 5'11" and a few random football sites have him at 1.80m.

Let's go Mark. We may get arrested but for the sake of heightism everywhere this needs to be done!

I think my point was you don't need to be tall to be a good CB.

I think it's more a case of fans ignoring the club for teams and formations that have ultimately put us on course for relegation if something doesn't change. What has gone before hasn't worked, even allowing for players in their rightful positions. There is nobody else to pick, no new faces yet and nothing left to try - which is why I'm trying to think outside the box. That back four will very likely concede again plentifully over the next few days. Their confidence is completely shot. There is no magic wand ...

I know there is no magic wand and i agree that something has to change but start putting our best right back into a defensive midfield position is not going to work. I agree that EEL and Batth need splitting up and playing Coady there seems an option but it shouldn't be the case, he's a midfielder and if he plays should play there. Our back four as it is will probably concede again on Boxing Day but you start playing players well out of position and we will only concede more. As i've said in the KJ threads for me he has to go and until he does i don't think we will improve no matter what team he picks.

Papper! :icon_lol:

I'd like to see Wallace have a go at some point but I'd be more inclined to free up one of Price or Mac to get further forward and link play - preferably Price. Would also still favour ALF in alongside Afobe. I'm seeing Iorfa as a more advanced CH with a free(ish) role and a licence to charge forward.

Doherty ------ Baath --- Coady ---------Golbourne

------------------------Iorfa---------------------------

-------------Mac -------------------Price-------------

--------ALF------------Afobe--------------Graham-------------
Fuck me! I just hope that Santa brings you a new pin and blindfold for Christmas.

Im inclined to put Edwards up top on his own just to see how he does ala when VLP was put there.
Afobe can play right back seeing as he spends quite a bit of time there anyway.

Edwards up front on his own!

Scenes...

Im inclined to put Edwards up top on his own just to see how he does ala when VLP was put there.
Afobe can play right back seeing as he spends quite a bit of time there anyway.

I will have one of what you're on. It is obviously very strong brain scrambling stuff

Yes please experience and bloody deep pockets. He comes in top 10 premier in 5 years if he wants to splash the cash1

Yes please experience and bloody deep pockets. He comes in top 10 premier in 5 years if he wants to splash the cash1

Hmm would rather watch Edwards up front in the middle of the championship than have That to be honest but the I'm no fan of modern football malarkey.
Nice to see Chelsea back in their rightful (pre £) league position.

A few short years ago we had another English U-21 with mass potential who was a CH that had played RB very successfully. He was moved to be a holding midfielder to great effect. A very similar type of player.

Yeah, and you kept touting him to play at RB!

Recall a demolishing of West Ham away in the PL? The game where a CH was played out of position as a RB.

Wasn't that Zubar? You were harping on about another English U21 just.

Back