• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Winter Improvement Thread (aka Winter Squad Weakening Thread and TWF Suicide Watch)

we are going to play a really strange formation at this rate. We dont have enough centre halves, too many wingers , not enough forwards we could end up 3-1-4-1-1 at this rate ffs

we are going to play a really strange formation at this rate. We dont have enough centre halves, too many wingers , not enough forwards we could end up 3-1-4-1-1 at this rate ffs

Cyber, we're signing so many bloody wingers that we'll be the first team in football history whose formation is arranged side to side, not defence to attack. Get used to it, we'll be lining up 5-0-5

I know we're loaded on the wings (sort of... not much quality but lots of bodies), but if our scouting team in France is still a thing I hope we're looking at Francois Kamano of SC Bastia. Big talent, African, strong... Everything I like in a player. :icon_wink:

Why is being African a reason in itself to like a player? Seems a bit off :icon_wink:

Interested in reading all about the Press conference that started at 0850....

Interested in reading all about the Press conference that started at 0850....

Its just the Media briefing ahead of the Boxing Day Games. Being done a few days earlier due to it being Christmas. Normally done 2 days before the game.

Nowt to get excited about, it will just be standard stuff/

Its just the Media briefing ahead of the Boxing Day Games. Being done a few days earlier due to it being Christmas. Normally done 2 days before the game.

Nowt to get excited about, it will just be standard stuff/
Kenny (The TWF version of course) always the calmer of the Buster Bloodvessels.

Wolves Twitter account says hoping to conclude the deal for Zyro.

If Kenny starts him over Byrne then I'll be pretty annoyed (although my annoyance would soon subside in the unlikely event that he is immediately brilliant.)

Personally think he'll stick him at #10.

Agree with Nando. It'll be Graham - Zyro - Henry/Byrne behind Afobe.

So there giving Kenny some money for Zyro which means he's not getting the boot this side of 2015..

I just think we've seen the opportunity to get a player at under 20% of the price he would have cost six months ago and gone for it.

I'm happy with it if it means our wide options have gone from August's Henry/Ojo/Van La Parra/Edwards to January's Graham/Byrne/Zyro/Henry (firmly down the order now), that looks better to me. Obviously there is much work to do elsewhere too.

I thought Zyro was a right winger (left footed of course)?

Would make us quite narrow wouldn't it? And I hope he runs like Dave Edwards or he'll be occupying the bench like Wallace, Byrne and Coady. Or quickly out on loan like Saville and Evans.

I'll be even more annoyed if he starts him at #10 and continues to ignore Wallace (although again my annoyance would soon subside in the unlikely event that he is immediately brilliant.)

I believe correct way to pronounce his surname is "Zero..."

Has Wallace had any game time this season?, can't recall seeing him play in a home league game

Back